Why did they kill her off?

Why did they kill her off?

Watching the series in reverse, they should have taken Troi instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AzKEglSelBY
youtube.com/watch?v=w9HcSB9WDTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She didn't want to be on the show anymore.

Or google it don't ask me dickhead.

She wasn't happy with how 1 dimensional her character was so she wanted to quit.

She wanted out then spent a lifetime regretting it, just like Terry. It sucks too because you know she was legit fun and it was the writers failings to make more out of her because early TNG.

She was so fucking ugly. Glad we didn't have to keep seeing that face

>literally the stronk empowered woman character that is being forced into everything in [current year]

I guess this was back when people could see through that bullshit. Still, pretty stupid move on her part. She really could've been a great character.

She thought she was too good for the show, so asked to be killed off.
Did some shitty B-movies, and then asked to come back as a clone.

>imagine being this much of a cunt lmao

She may have been the worst character on the show, but Troi's boobs brought in a lot of horny young viewers back in the late 80s/early 90s.

Tasha Yar and her "17 year old Southern California surfer" haircuit did not.

>d*ckhead
>s*cks
>f*cking
>b*llsh*t
>sh*tty
>c*nt
>b**bs
I'm sorry, is this the cursing thread? Why are you all cursing? I thought this thread was about Tasha Yar and Star Trek, not curse words?

damn she BTFO herself

another query, why did beverly crusher disappear for seasons 2 & 3?

Fuck off you dumb Yank cunt.

Is this some new autistic shtick I'm not aware of?

Sorry m8, forgot I was on a Christian Renaissance Art posting forum.

I will go to the nearest church and confess now.

She was preggers and she didn't like Hurley,one of the higher up production crew.

the trauma she suffered from the rape gangs was too much

>but Troi's boobs
>the lesbian scenes we could have had between Yar and Troi
>Troi eventually domming the fuck out of Yar and forcing her to feminize to show her dominance

rape gangs is objectively the best thing to come out of star tram

Watching anything in reverse is enough to spawn some retarded opinions.

>tfw Bing Crosby's granddaughter and don't need this sci-fi bullshit

this made me chuckle. she dropped it so nonchalantly

youtube.com/watch?v=AzKEglSelBY

I dunno bro, that episode where Yar and Data bone.
She's talking about running away from "rape gangs" on her home planet (which is pretty awkward to bring up really) and wearing that revealing clothing with exposed midriff. My pre-teen self was getting mighty frisky then.

She asked to be written off. Not a lot of the cast and crew had high expectations for the long term prospects of the show

She was good when she showed back up, Yesterdays Enterprise and the one where she was a Romulan or something

Maurice Hurley was the showrunner for season 1-2. He did some nice things, he invented the borg and so on.

But he really hated Gates acting, so he basicly fired her and they converted her TNG contract to be in Hunt for Red October, who promply gave her one scene and cut the rest out.

After season 2 he left the show, and berman brought her back.

based hurley

I thought it was because of some kind of harassment or something she was getting

Her acting is fucking terrible though, so its that was the reason it was valid

She was the most bland character desu and not a very good actress. She always looked angry/confused. Even Wesley Crusher had more charisma.

>dat abs
>but dat face tho

She was bad but far from the worst

Picard > Data > Geordi > Mr. Woof > Whoppie > Riker > Pulaski > Tasha > Troi > Wesley > Dr. Crusher

>Wesley Crusher had more charisma

what was with that one episode in season 1 where the alien said he had a special gift and had to nurtured?

Seriously though why didnt Guinan replace Troi as ships counselor , she was 10000x better at her job than Troi was

Fuck you Pulaski was great. Your list is fine just put her before Worf. Worf was good in DS9 and shit in TNG.

According to berman, she was fired, not that she quit.

Gates McFadden fired at end of first season because head writer Maurice Hurley "he had a real bone to pick" with Gates and din’t like her acting, Berman brought Gates back for 3rd season after Hurley left
Whoopi Goldberg initially wanted to replace Gates McFadden as ships doctor for Season 2, but it was felt she wasn’t right for that role so they created new "Yoda-like" character of Guinan
Berman says both Denise Crosby and Wil Wheaton regretted leaving TNG "within less than a year"

All from a 3 hour interview in 2006.

youtube.com/watch?v=w9HcSB9WDTQ

In addition, to keep things cool with Gates, they gave her the role of Ms. Ryan in Hunt for red october.

They didn't like her acting, her part was almost completley cut out, and it was recast in the next movie.

Why did they bring McFadden back?

I am sure she is a nice person, but she is one of the worst actresses I have ever seen in anything, hands down, its beyond words how bad she is

Did fans want her back or what?

Whoa, I didn't know Wil Wheaton left. I thought they just dialed back his role.

This makes me like the Wesley character just a little less. I still like him, but not as much.

Gates was not that bad and I think she played her role well. She was a smug and self righteous doctor who wanted to plough the captain.

There was a letter writing campaign and Patrick Stewart wanted her back. As her and Patrick stewart where good friends off the set.

Wil Weaton has always been that guy who makes bad life choices.

Well, I know for a fact that Wil Wheaton has had sex with beautiful, smart women. So there's that.

Best thing to come from her character was her hot sister.