How great was the Doctor Strange movie?

How great was the Doctor Strange movie?

So cool.

Does Sup Forums have anything to whine about?

Straight ripoff of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.

They ripped off so much shit from WoT and none of it is in the Doctor Strange comics.

I hate that Marvel have just become ripoff artists now.

>le beyonce reference xD
>virtually all done in greenscreen
>texting and driving psa
>shitty one liner after one liner
>female master
>nigger sidekick
>Pam from the office nurse

truly a gem of it's time, am I right OP?

Nope. It's one of the few movies that both Sup Forums and Reddit agree are awesome

>>virtually all done in greenscreen

do you know how much it costs to rent the Globe Theatre to put these things on? and what's with all those LIGHTS? CANDLES were good enough in my day!

I bet you post sincerely in star trek threads on Sup Forums.

I wish it did something new. The Marvel Brand formula felt painfully apparent, and there should have been more acid trip sequence.

The big boss fight was fun as fuck though.

Unlike Wheel of Time there weren't 40 females all with the exact same archetype. "I'm strong and kind of a bitch but I don't care"

lol sorry, did i just see you complain about a movie centered around acts of magic using too much green screen?

So the only thing of any substance you said was about the one liners which i too could do without

Marvel still managed to make this unimaginative and bland. The visuals were overrated, the open your mind scene legitimately great, but after that it's just generic cgi trash and boring inception building shit, nothing really new at all. The technical aspects were mediocre just like every other marvel film. The dialogue was weak, the humor was poorly timed and ruined a lot of scenes. Mikkelsen was wasted, his character was just evil for the sake of it. The way Doctor strange becomes a powerful magician doesn't feel earned at all, it's feel to quick. The character arcs in this films all feel lazily put together. It's just another generic marvel origin movie, a 5/10

I sincerely can't tell if this entire thread is b8 or not..... really poor movie tho. Benadryl was awful- tho with a script that flavorless I can't blame him entirely. Story was about as deep as a Petri dish and the best fight scene starred a fucking cape.

>Texting and driving PSA
> Literally so autistic you try this hard to find a complaint about a super common plot problem point

Have to disagree with you there. You can say a lot about the dialogue but "bland" is not a good way to describe anything about this movie. Especially not the visuals.

Fair enough, it's all subjective anyway

>Mikkelsen was wasted, his character was just evil for the sake of it.

dont post pictures of cats with question marks above them at people, fucking moron

>Mikkelsen was wasted, his character was just evil for the sake of it

What? He was "evil" because he was betrayed by his teacher. She withheld the secret of eternal life and used it herself while saying how awful it was.
He discovered the truth, or part of it and decided to bring the whole world unity and eternal life.

But yeah, i guess that's pretty much just "evil for the sake of it"
lol

Just like Robert Jordan's the Wheel of Time.

I'm fucking disgusted at how Marvel got away with this outrageous plagiarism.

I liked the movie but Tilda Swindon was just intolerable.

Besides never quite getting called on her hypocrisy she breezes through the movie with a dead eyed stare and drooling tone. Like she was on valium.

Um...she gets called out pretty hard on it actually. By at least three people that i can remember.

Didn't find anything wrong with her eyes or tone though

I meant how she preaches letting go of control and that all she does is control, she wouldn't even let herself die.

>Confusing Rachel Mcadams with Jenna Fischer
>Confusing nurses with doctors
Makes your otherwise accurate critique look retarded

She's like a big procrastinator. She practically does nothing the entire movie unless beds are burning.

>Doesn't train Strange until Mordo convinces her
>Lets Strange run around stealing books and wear the eye.
>Doesn't show up until late in the siege when only Hong Kong remains
>Tries to weasel her way out of explaining her immortality
>In the end, squeezed out a couple last seconds to watch some snow fall

was it quipkino?

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my seat for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

This.