>We sit across from each other at our table
>We both order lobster
>She asks me what my favorite Industrial artist is
>Me, not knowing too much about Industrial, replies with: "Tront Razner"
>She goes "PFFT!" and rolls her eyes
>Few weeks later, it's her birthday
>As a present, I give her KG&TLW's Polygondwanaland for her birthday
>She opens up my gift and proceeds to look disappointed
>She says "I think I said perfectly clear, that I wanted you to download the new Prurient album for my birthday, not give me this plebian buttrock."
>She then chucks the CD at my face
>I have a black eye now

Alright, I need a more patrician taste to impress my girl. What music should I listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-REKxfJ-EY
youtube.com/watch?v=gPbVRpRgHso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>industrial
>patrician
Choose one

This, popular music is for children.

Ask her about Dakota Hogback, she'll know what it means.

she'll call you out for babies first industrial but its a start.

>implying a patrician would want to listen to the new prurient album

>implying she wouldn't want the $200 special 7LP edition

Skinny Puppy and Front Line Assembly come to mind, but you know that if the band is well known then it is not industrial enough

fuck i actually unironically enjoy peep so much

lol why are people recommending old school industrial standards to fucking puce mary

FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS FOETUS

What she wants is some dumb memenoise from Sacred Bones Records.

What you should give her is some super-catchy danceable aggrotech/EBM/futurepop for cybergoths to teach her the value of efficient dancepop songwriting over futile sonic gesticulation. Because that's what "true industrial" made by millenials is about: making small, unsatisfactory gestures that don't mean much and don't sound like much, so that actual musicians can use them as raw material to create club hits.

I recommend Circuito Cerrado, Alien Vampires, Suicide Commando, SAM and Hocico. Maybe X-Fusion too.

Is that Avey Tare?

whats some good industrial?

>What she wants is some dumb memenoise from Sacred Bones Records.
this

or from dais records

so pharmakon or youth code should do the trick

eh, she's releasing material on a label that's basically edgier, more obscure sacred bones
probably doesn't give a shit about pharmakon and is pretty up to date on anything modern

if you want to impress her you need actual deep cuts

hedonistic cybergoth club hits >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> abrasive electro-acoustic noise soundscapes for pseudo-intellectual posers trying to come off as badass post-modern initiates of an ascetic cult of angst and pain.

Anyone can enjoy noise, it only takes a couple of listens to get used to it and get in the right mindset. But it takes physical training to properly enjoy club anthems that require you to learn industrial dance and get good at it to enjoy it to its fullest extent. Even then, the latter are more immediately enjoyable, complex, artistically developed and authentic than what gets released on memenoise labels and hyped by Fantanoids.

This is a fact and you can suck my radioactive balls if you don't agree.

>is pretty up to date on anything modern
are you implying she isn't familiar with older industrial music? who's really the pleb then...

Anything with a nice abrasive thumping beat that makes you move your ass, and distorted vocals or bloops or riffs.

Frontline Assembly is a good middle ground between the super-poppy danceable stuff and the more harsh and austere stuff.

>industrial
>patrician

yeah but is she up to date on Metropolis Records releases?

thanks pal

lol the amount of cognitive dissonance and inferiority complex present here is enlightening in itself
enjoy whatever gaudy trash you like, just don't pretend music that fills up a club with hedonistic thots is somehow less accessible than "abrasive electro-acoustic noise soundscapes"

it's just harder to find older obscure tape releases than anything being released in the internet age
obviously spk, ministry, skinny puppy etc. aren't gonna do the trick

young gods

>MUH CLASSICAL MUH THEORY MUH REAL INSTRUMENTS=REAL MUSIC

AS A MATTER OF FACT aggrotech is now less accessible than noise. Noise has a strong advantage over aggrotech in terms of accessibility: it's trendy. It allows insecure 20-somethings to project an edgy and "patrician" self-image without coming off as excessively "gaudy" because noise cultivates an aesthetic of minimalism, self-punishment and austerity. It makes people in need of self-validation feel mature. And sonically there's nothing offensive or particularly off-putting about it, it's just kind of dull or sometimes a little annoying.

That alone makes it easier to get into than music that encourages dancing. The shy college-aged introvert is terrified of showing that he's having fun because he thinks it's immature and ridiculous. And it may be the case, but that alone prevents him from enjoying music that is objectively more better on an artistic level.

more developed and better*

go to cybertreffen you dork

Stop refusing to go to Cybertreffen you poseur.

nothing wrong with that, I don't have a problem with this type of rap either
but it's nothing groundbreaking or anything like that, the fanbase proper shit

>Noise has a strong advantage over aggrotech in terms of accessibility: it's trendy

honestly i like all your points until you bring up this "more developed" artistically bs. i can admit noise is aesthetically more acceptable in the tumblr age we live in, but that alone speaks to its further artistic development than making what is essentially shock music but danceable
i'm glad you like that stuff but you need to stop trying to invent logical reasons everyone else should. it just weakens your cause

It IS trendy. Not mainstream trendy but still less vilified and niche than music for cybergoths. It has a stable cult following that is now being supplemented by a new generation of enthusiastic listeners who circlejerk it on all sorts of websites and music publications while aggrotech is relegated to youtube comment sections and the occasional half-dead forum/facebook page.

Compared to club-oriented industrial, noise is undeniably trendy. The mere fact that Sup Forums wanks it to every new memenoise release but ignores industrial dance goes to prove it.

this

regardless, if i want to see a noise show i have to travel 3 hours once every couple months
meanwhile there's a cybergoth night at a dance club literally down the street once a week

internet trendy can't compete with danceable

Industrial dance definitely is shlock, but it's well-produced, efficient shlock, whereas noise is half-assed shlock.

Aggrotech is Blade 2, Noise is your cousin's shitty student film.

You are one guy, the same guy who said that yesterday on /fa/

lol i haven't been on Sup Forums in probably 4 months but ok, maybe someone who posts on /fa/ lives on my street

shit analogy, that'd imply aggrotech has huge production budget and audience reach while noise is seen by literally no one
basically contradicting yourself

He's still right though. Noise show aren't easy to find, regardless of what you think about the quality of the music and its accessibility to a mainstream audience.

You think the music you enjoy best should have a bigger audience, and that's fine. But you're comitting the cardinal sin of shitting on everything else because industrial dance music isn't getting its fair due.

Einsturzende Neubaten, Throbbing Gristle

Get her a Sonic Youth - Kill Yr Idols vinyl and watch her cry as she reminisces about her dead dad.

On a serious note, Genocide Organ is probably the right answer.

The saddest thing is that there are people who actually believe this

It's a good analogy in terms of aesthetics and production value.

And it begs the question: why don't more noise artists at least try to make fun industrial music on the side and vice-versa, since they're both equally cheap?

Come to think of it there's now more experimentation going on in the aggrotech scene with more and more acts incorporating industrial metal elements into their sound and experimenting with weirder samples or other sound textures than just trance synths.

yeah, people who have the balls to listen to both.
Noise shows are usually connected to the art circuit. Your local contemporary art gallery probably features some noise acts at least twice a year.

>why don't more noise artists at least try to make fun industrial music on the side and vice-versa, since they're both equally cheap?
probably because they still use noise as shock value i guess?
went to a concert and this guy who was doing hip hop started his set with 10mins of shitty noise. as a "fuck you" type of way.

I agree, it takes balls to be associated with retarded larping man children that want to show off what mommy bought them for Christmas

that seems very misguided

maybe people just don't like that shit. not to mention "fun" industrial music is pretty much the biggest case of missing the point a subgenre can commit

great, i'm glad your little niche is growing and evolving, meanwhile noise is doing the same and you're just complaining it's not incorporating elements of this one specific sound, which by the way happens all the time, it's called power noise, check it out if you aren't too angry and self-righteous to listen to something different

>yeah, people who have the balls to listen to both.
lol

and sadly no, the local art gallery contents itself with hosting tired old white guys playing tired old post-bop every now and then

aggrotech is very much not similar to noise at all, nor industrial. Check out DAW-culture and you will know what i mean.

I've been around that sort of showoffs throughout my college years, even had one as a teacher who did a thesis on noise (with inaccuracies that several students noticed) so I can't say that it takes balls to associate with them, just a college degree or two.

They're two faces of the same coin: abrasive electronic music

I already listen to power noise, thank you very much, but power noise has been around for easily 15 years, so it really cannot be called an innovation at this point.

Besides, a lot of power noise is just aggrotech for people who don't even know enough music theory to come up with a synth lead

It takes balls to throw away any self-respect and associate with them, is the thing.

>4 note synth "lead" on a Virus
Lol

I just explained you that it doesn't take balls to associate with noise fans since you will naturally encounter them in a university environment.

You wot mate. I'm talking about "cyber" larpers.

I know, right?
How lazy do you have to be to not be able to even do that?

you're literally just arguing to argue. it's like everything that comes out that isn't aggrotech is committing a sin. must be sad to live such a limited life. sorry you have to be so obsessed with such a shitty subgenre, i know it must be hard to be the butt of so many jokes

wanted you to realize what a fallacy is to complain about music being made that isn't some other kind of music but you're literally incapable of it

Oh, I thought you were talking about "yeah I'm a performance artist, I'm also into BDSM and I've read Camus once" larpers.

What the fuck kind of noise scene do you have user

Should have answered Blixa.

>you're literally just arguing to argue. it's like everything that comes out that isn't aggrotech is committing a sin.
Well it kind of is. And it can be forgiven, but you have to acknowledge it first.

Knowing how obsessed with self-flagellation noise culture is, it's funny that you don't see them admitting that their time would be better spent fucking around with a synth.
>wanted you to realize what a fallacy is to complain about music being made that isn't some other kind of music but you're literally incapable of it
That's because I'm not capable of realizing things that aren't true. Some forms of music are better than others, so in that sense it's reasonable to complain about that.

19 year old art students

>your favorite industrial artist is anyone other than blixa
it's real telling that he's the best artist in a genre he constantly claims to not be part of

You're an American, aren't you? Americans always fuck everything industrial up.

portland

it's just strawmen user. don't believe his lies

having a conversation with you is like listening to an aggrotech track
senseless, repetitive, sickeningly tasteless

French

I was very surprised upon joining an art course that the stereotypical fuckheads I read about on the internet also exist in my country.

At least go to bat for a real genre, not a bunch of larping retards that no one likes who listen to every retarded kid that downloaded FL Studio. Shit, even the EBM scene makes fun of harsh ebm.

Then don't stay still and move your feet.

Out of all their albums you could have picked...

Precisely. That whole situation is illegitimate.
The point is that noise deserves less recognition and less praise than Harsh EBM does.

Maybe stop being a living joke and you'll get some.

everything deserves exactly what it has now...the people have spoken, popular consensus is against you, and you're beating your chest and protesting it on a burmese fingerpainting forum

The blame lies on your inability to overcome your fear of ridiculousness.

>actively supporting the popular vote
lmao

The blame lies on your shit scene allowing every idiot in and being q bunch of larping retards making YouTube videos in their bedroom. Not to mention the intellectually dishonest wannabe artists.
But I know you're just baiting, so don't worry.

>trying to invoke popular consensus to defend a genre that thrives on seeming more obscure and inaccessible than it is

this is some mind-bending shit

It's like a BM fan saying that Burzum is kvlt as fuck because even normie genre tourists listen to it and the mainstream media are aware of it.

That's funny because I see less quality control going on at Sacred Bones Records than at Metropolis Records lately.

Too bad Metropolis was never the primary harsh ebm label eh.

>wanting noise or aggrotech to be popularized and bastardized by the mouthbreathing public
lmao!

i can't even follow the ridiculous contorted logic you're presenting here...i'm not trying to defend anything, i find it absurd to think you can "attack" noise simply for being noise and something else
you literally just lack a basic understanding of tautology

*and not something else

Listen to the entirety of TG24 in one sitting
youtube.com/watch?v=8-REKxfJ-EY

Holy shit, this thread.

in case anyone is unfamiliar:

youtube.com/watch?v=gPbVRpRgHso