Not spinning the first King Crimsons album

>not spinning the first King Crimsons album

wtfs wrong with you

Other urls found in this thread:

stereophile.com/reference/590jitter/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That record player though. I really hope that's not an original pressing cus it's gonna fuck it up really bad.

What are you even playing it on?

Audiotronics 300a

I'd rather spin my OG UK Loveless vinyls

That album sucks

Patrician

>spinning an original pressing of loveless on a crosley
wew

I have my mom's old copy
its been spun so many times that its really crackly
especially during the last track

i'm triggered for sure

>get me out of this shelf! i wanna be spun!

Vinyl gore thread?

FUCK

anons, how is that new expensive 200gram repress from masters approved by fripp himself, or whatever? thinking about asking my uncle for it for christmas, he loves king crimson and would be happy to drop the dollars on a good repress to replace my crackly 80's copy but i'm worried it'll be just another shitty modern warped pressing with too much surface noise for a new disc.

hey, that's that album that was in stranger things

It sounds great, expensive though.

what episode/scene?

that's fine, he has creepy bachelor uncle dollars - i'm sure it'll bring more joy to his soul to spend $50 on a KC record for his nephew than another herpes blowjob

>falling for the vinyl meme
At least I hope you're not playing your records on youtube-to-mp3-tier material (aka >400$ hi-fi setup)

fuck off pleb, go download more music lmao

CDs are superior to vinyl in every single way; as well as being far less expensive. You're just buying vinyls because it's the "cool thing" to do nowadays, and because your favorite music reviewer told you to do so (in other words you're a clueless drone).

>not pirating everything in FLAC
>not buying records to enjoy as physical copies and to support your favourite artist

I just like the big album art.

time to spin the 2nd King Crimson record if you know what i mean

im just buying vinyl because I think its neat. i dont use vinyl exclusively to listen to music, digitals superior to cd in every way, but i do like cds for listening in the car

i dont really give a damn about supporting the artist lol by i do like some flac

same

>CDs are superior to vinyl
CDs are literally a USB thumbstick in a less convenient format. They're a garbage compromise between having a physical copy to enjoy and display, and just downloading the song like a normal person. Don't compromise. Get vinyl AND digital copies.

Please upgrade your turntable.

>especially during the last track
Your mum knew what was good

Not that expensive on Discogs. Seems leagues better than the old represses, since they've used either other vinyl records or inferior xth generation tapes as masters.

LMAO you fell for the fucking CD meme
we all know 24bit lossless digital files are clearly the "best" format in terms of storage, sound, longevity, etc. - but you can just fucking download those, idiot, you don't have to buy a CD. vinyl at least gets you big art, objectively different sound (no matter if you like it or not, it isnt literally the same thing as your download), and better resale value. CD's are a shitty flimsy container for what you really want - a digital file. vinyl is something else. either download and buy vinyl or just download, CD's are retarded. the exception (as with any format) are rare releases you can't find otherwise.

Enjoy your CD rot in less than 20 years despite the best of handling

ill get to it in about 3 years or so i promise. I live in my uni dorms right now so theres not too much point in getting a grand setup. i just enjoy my little shit show i got going on. the musics meant to.

We out here

>digitals superior to cd in every way
Factually incorrect. A lossless digital format (or at least high quality lossy) will at best render the same as a CD, at least if you have a decent DAC.
>They're a garbage compromise between having a physical copy to enjoy and display, and just downloading the song like a normal person
If you want to "display" your music taste like a true autist just print posters of your favorite albums.
>vinyl at least gets you big art, objectively different sound
So you're literally telling me you're willing to pay 40 dollars for a bigger album arts and a sound objectively less accurate than what was intended in the first place?
>and better resale value
With the vinyl resurgence, not sure about that anymore.
"lol"

>choosing to collect vinyl because it's objectively more cool
I don't see the problem

HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Just buy CD's. I do so i can listen to them in my walkman and give them to my friends spontaneously without it taking a shitload of space.

CD and casette is really the best format for people that have friends, get with the times old man. Vinyl is dead, again.

Fuck now normies are going to start listening to KC

I want to throw away all my records after scrolling through this thread

It's pretty much a vinyl staple, already has meme status.

>A lossless digital format (or at least high quality lossy) will at best render the same as a CD
a lossless digital format will be identical to the CD or better - CD's aren't perfect, do some research
stereophile.com/reference/590jitter/index.html
>40 dollars
lmao
>a bigger album arts
retarded and a plebeian
>objectively less accurate
or for music of a long era, objectively closer to what the artist originally intended - keep enjoying your shitty treble-clipped 90's era CD remasters though LOL
>With the vinyl resurgence, not sure about that anymore
seriously how retarded can you be, the vinyl resurgence is exactly what's driving the resale value. what the fuck are you trying to say.

just leave, you don't need to stand and die on the CD hill here just because you've wasted hundreds of dollars on an objectively redundant format

Nigger vinyl is THE BOMB I use my gramophone on the street and blast my good ol' 7" of my favorite pop tunes on the streets

>he doesn't know you can burn CD-Rs
oh, hon

>Bigger album art is pleb
>He thinks you can appreciate the finest aspect of music from a tiny CD cover/image on your monitor
I love music as much as anyone else but it's an objective fact that visual art is more stimulating/rewarding than other forms, especially music which has little to no effect on anything except your ears. Thinking men know album art > the albums music.

The hipster Vinyl fad is the greatest thing to ever happen. I buy records at thrift stores and flea markets for $1 then sell them for $20-$30 on ebay. I go through a dozen of these a week and make a killing.

i was calling him a pleb for being unable to appreciate large art. follow the argument user.

rip record

>Burning CD-R's

Do you live in vietnam or do you beat your children?

>spending money on a stupid medium rather than burning your own stupid medium
you can't turn this around and call me a poorfag when supposedly the whole point of CDs is that they're cheaper than vinyl and art doesn't matter

>hurrdurr vinyl is a million dollars
You realize $40 single LPs are a result of the new vinyl resurgence with hipsters, yeah? If you're not 17 years old nobody pays that much for a record

How are you still finding good shit in thrift stores?

If you don't get vinyl, that's fine. But why shit on people who do? This is peak "stop liking what I don't like" autism.

There's a Books·a·Million that sells records near me and their storage methods are . . . absolutely cruel. They clearly ordered way too many albums, and they are packed in as tight as possible to save space. They're almost all damaged in one way or the other, and you'll struggle to find a single thing cheaper than 20 dollars. Pure tragedy.

Go to small towns, you can't find shit in cities. Go to some store in the middle of nowhere without many young people around and you'll strike gold.

Tried that a while back and it was nothing but gospel.

>UK Loveless

>didn't know what Loveless even is
>google

Feel free to scratch

hownu.ru

That's the point. Not "nu" enough to like that shit apparently.