OFFICIAL /hoc/ EXPANSION DRAFT THREAD

www.broadstreethockey.com/2017/6/21/15842620/nhl-awards-expansion-draft-2017-show-time-tv-channel-rules-process

Starts 8pm EST / 5pm PST tonight

TV: NBCSN (US), Sportsnet (CAN)

>Vegas will take one player — no more, or no less — from each existing team.
>They must select at least 14 forwards, nine defensemen and three goalies.
>20 of the 30 players must be under contract in 2017-18.
>The cap hit of all players selected in the Expansion Draft must be somewhere between $43.8 million and $73 million.

Marc-Andre Fleury wil be the face of the new franchise.

>making a thread almost 8 hours prior when /hoc/ is already dead
For what purpose?

PRE-DRAFT THREAD

sexy draft's

Do golden knights take golden showers?

Please don't take neal

So is this the /hoc/ shitposting thread?

>rags

Screencap this

Knights take Aberg, not Neal

>2011 entry draft
>commercial break
>PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

HE WANTS THE C

>tfw one of them will have to go

and the D

>making your goaler the captain
shiggy diggy

can they pass????????????????????

some of the unprotected are REALLY mediocre, or maybe they want to fill their AHL roster

Please be kind to him vegas.

>team
>protected players
>who you want to lose
>who you'll probably lose

>tfw you could've won the cup if your GM made a move for someone better than Roman Polak

you could have traded for crosgod himself and the laffs still would have lost

he's talking about the shorks you retard

and don't talk shit about my nigger Polak, he is a warrior and a gentleman

No they can't pass, but like you said, they'll need some minor league players. They're not obligated to offer a contract to any unprotected pending UFA (or RFA) that they select, so that would be like taking a pass, in essence.

How does this work? They jusy steal 1 player any kind they want from each team?

Yeah, they're going to have Crosby, Ovechkin, and Kane on the same line this team is going to be ridiculous.

every team has protected lists, rookies/sophomores are exempt and you can arrange a deal with vegas so they skip/take particular players
also vegas has to comply to several obligations when picking from each team
>take best player avaiblable
>immediately flip him for prospects and picks
no one needs 30 nhl players anyway

>Wings
>Abdelkader, Athanasiou, Mantha, Nielsen, Nyquist, Tatar, Zetterberg, DeKeyser, Green, Jensen, Howard
>would love to lose Ericsson, but that will never ever happen. Of realistic choices, I'd like to ditch Helm.
>Vegas will pick Mrazek and flip him for a pick+prospect that could have just gone to the Wings if Holland weren't functionally retarded.

>tfw Vegas will have a better team than >yours

Hey guys I just came from r/hockey who are my Preds going to be taking?

wait, eleven protected players?

I need to read the rules again

waste of fucking quints.

And I need to check out those quints. Damn son.

>rags
>Nash, Stepan, Zucc, Zibanejad, Miller, Kreids, Hayes, McDonagh, Holden, Staal, and Hank
>Puempel, Pirri, any of the relatively unknown guys
>Grabner, Raanta, Lindberg, Fast

Hongcouver?

Fuck Vegas, will be a shit franchise with no fans and all the seats in the arena will be encrusted with hooker STDs

literally /ourguys/

WHO WILL BE VEGAS' CAPTAIN?

Neal if he doesn't get traded tomorrow

enstrom

guess none, they might go with a few As

Marc Methot

Eric "60 points guaranteed" Staal

They are getting Haula from the Mild not Staal, pay attention to news

Hossas conditions are extremely convenient

So this is pretty much going to be the best expansion team of all time right? Not including the addition of WHA teams to the NHL since that was just a merger of already existing teams

well yeah that's litearlly the idea behind these faggot rules, they want them to start off as at least average

what makes it great? just because this time there are 30 teams to draw from instead of 28 like last time?

Quints are awesome

Looks like you need to read the rules again, too

the amount of solid players who can't be protected

in the previous expansions you could only get your hands on literal garbage

>trades not announced until tomorrow

Oh boy, can't wait for 30 instances of

>vegas takes clayton Stoner despite better players being available but we can't tell you why

-There's only 1 team entering the league this expansion, no other competition for players
-Teams can protect fewer players than they could in other expansions
-There's a salary cap so they aren't starting from total ground 0 in an untested market with (presumably) little cash reserves, they aren't having to compete with 100mil juggernauts, every team is confined to 75mil
-there's 5 more teams to pick from as opposed to the 2000 expansion, since nashville and atlanta were exempt from that one

Zero chance that Methot stays on Vegas' roster. He's getting traded to Pittsburgh or Toronto

what do you mean "we cant tell you why"

Its pretty much a draft pick in every instance

at least you've heard the name clayton stoner before

@StapeNewsday
No word on who #Isles are losing in expansion draft tonight, but my understanding is it's not someone who saw regular NHL time last season.

Arizona Diamondbacks. Second best record in the NL in their second season and won the World Series in their 4th.

The system is set up well enough that in theory it could be a playoff team, but they're making so many protection trades and trades with the players they're taking that it'll be an average rebuilding team that drafts like 5th overall next summer.

the whole side deal thing is probably a hot mess, so announcing every trade during the ceremoney would be pretty pointless though

So? That's the only reason to watch this shit. I'm just going to wait until tomorrow to care since they removed the only exciting part

Its hot as fuck here today.

It wouldn't be hard.

>in exchange for agreeing to claim stoner the vegas knights receive shea theodore

It would be better to explain it instead of announcing players who aren't actually on the team.

Should have been a separate broadcast event like the draft lottery where they explicitly state who will be going to Vegas and not just paperwork picks.

there's a lot more to it, e.g. flipping players for picks etc.
yeah merging it with the awards ceremoney is pretty stupid in the first place

Nothing will beat the diamondbacks and Mets as expansion teams though.

>he gets excited over a draft

Reading a list of the picks/deals after is what you should be doing, who wants to watch that boring shit?

I could see Toronto (which would be hilarious if you're not a SNES fan), but I find it very hard to believe Rutherford would want to bring Methot into Sid's locker room after what happened last season.

Pens might trade for a different defenseman from LV though.

>after what happened last season
that shit has been happening their entire careers

Who the fuck thought Golden Knights would be a good name and that army looking uniforms would be a cool design?
Las Vegas has the potential for so many fire names and they picked the fucking Golden Knights?

This youth team we used to play from vegas had much better jerseys and name, kek. Can't find the sweaters but you get the gist.

Yeah, but I guess I was suggesting that they could have let bygones be bygones before that slash. I know that sort of play happens all the time, but I know I'd find it a lot harder to work alongside a guy after he hacked off part of my finger, intentionally or not. Again, not commenting on the play itself, just that the result of it might make it awkward to bring that particular player into the locker room.

I dont think anyone did, its just they weren't allowed to use anything remotely gambling related. Its like they just said "fuck it we'll just call ourselves the knights" after hours/days of brainstorming ideas that the NHL would actually allow

Actually I found their away

>team
Blackhawks

>protected players
Toews, Kane, Hossa, Anisimov, Hjalmarsson, Keith, Panarin, Seabrook, and Crawford

>who you want to lose
Rozsival which wont happen, and pokka because its better than losing TVR

>who you'll probably lose
TVR

i agree that they cant be in the same locker room together, but i highly doubt the finger amputation was the straw that broke the camels back

>not naming them the Vegas Outlaws
>not naming them the Vegas Vipers
>not naming them the Vegas Blades
>not naming them the Nevada Sands

All of those names but the first one are garbage

When do jerseys go up for sale?

who is the biggest name player that unprotected in the draft?

Flower?

So what are the odds that all the picks leak early?

100%

if neal is taken by the vegas regretful street walkers do the preds have any chance at going back to the SCF?

please no bully

They had no chance of going back anyways. No way does finnish goaltending actually play well for three playoff rounds again.

>+pick from Pongs to pick MAF
>+Tucchi + Haula to not pick Dumbass
>+Reilly to pick Marchassault instead of Demers
>+Theodore to pick Stoner instead of meme Anachaim d guys
>+1st to pick W.Karlsson
>+Grabovski +1st to pick Mayfield
>+prospect to pick Garrison over Koekkekekek
>+Kreuger to pick TVR
>+Emelin taken to be traded for a 2nd
>+Lindberg
>+Neal taken to be traded for a 1st
>+Methot taken to be traded for a 1st + PROSPECT
>+Leipsic
>Shipachov signed as a UFA

Vegas holds all the aces

>+Reilly to pick Marchassault instead of Demers
how does this make any sense? they purposefully left Marchessault unprotected

>>+pick from Pongs to pick MAF
>>+Tucchi + Haula to not pick Dumbass
>>+Reilly to pick Marchassault instead of Demers
>>+Theodore to pick Stoner instead of meme Anachaim d guys
>>+1st to pick W.Karlsson
>>+Grabovski +1st to pick Mayfield
>>+prospect to pick Garrison over Koekkekekek
>>+Kreuger to pick TVR
>>+Emelin taken to be traded for a 2nd
>>+Lindberg
>>+Neal taken to be traded for a 1st
>>+Methot taken to be traded for a 1st + PROSPECT
>>+Leipsic
>+1st to pick Dano over Enstrom
>+McNabb
>+Eakin
>+Nosek
>>Shipachov signed as a UFA

>+1st to pick Dano over Enstrom
the other way round and not worth a 1st

also related to that other discussion

Has there ever been a first overall pick with as little influence on the league as this man?

Nowhere near elite, nowhere near shit. It's dumbfounding.

way better than chris phillips

Chris Phillips was a solid dman for Ottawa for years. Not first overall quality, but still solid. Especially since Phillips is still one of the best players in that shitty 1996 draft.

Man Avs sure fucked up that one. Jordan Staal went as #2, Toews #3, Bäckis #4 and Kessel as #5.

Who

sure, not disputing that

EJ's a better 1st OV though, maybe could have been elite if he hadn't fucked his leg golfing when he was 20

Roman Hamrlik

He was originally drafted by Blues

Back2reddit

>golfing
he was racing golf carts down hills while drunk

How many hours till the Expansion draft?

Gonna watch it desu

Also post NHL 18 Covers

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Unsure who the Winnipeg Jets are losing in expansion, but I believe the Jets made a deal with VGK to not take veteran Toby Enstrom.
12:54 PM · Jun 21, 2017

Thank fuck, their D is shit enough as is

Jews jewing jews.
They'll pull a ruse

>giving >yous to obvious bait
am I being rused or r u dum