National Cathedral to Remove Confederate Flags From Stained Glass Windows

>National Cathedral to Remove Confederate Flags From Stained Glass Windows

Thoughts on this?

blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/06/09/national-cathedral-to-remove-confederate-flags-from-stained-glass-windows/?mod=e2fb

>WASHINGTON– The Washington National Cathedral said it will remove images of a Confederate battle flag from its stained glass windows because it considers them a symbol of hatred and racial supremacy.

>The windows honor Confederate generals Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee.

>The Right Rev. Mariann Edgar Budde is the Episcopal bishop of Washington and interim dean at the cathedral. She said in a prepared statement Wednesday that a task force examined the origins of the windows and the impact of symbols. The windows were installed in 1953.

>After receiving the task force’s report, cathedral officials decided the flags will be replaced by plain glass on two 8-foot-by-4-foot windows. The cathedral is working to determine the cost and establish a timeline. The fate of the windows will be determined within two years, the task force’s report said.

Prottys btfo

Pretty gay though. No need to send history down the memory hole.

Its a story or rebellion, we cant have that.

Better change history again

I'm a yank and I find this anti-flag stuff disgusting and offensive.

Why would you, in 1953, decide to install stained glass with contemporary themes? I don't think I've ever been in a cathedral or church that's not at least 250 years old. And if they decide to renovate, they obviously keep the theme.

Modern church problems, I don't quite get it.

>Episcopal

Of course

>Mariann
>she

Women gonna wome

Reminder that Lee was one of the greatest men to ever live.

Reminder we will never see giants like Grant or Lee ever again.

It feels like the whole world is run by that sock-fucker Mchlellan

Everyone should be against sending the civil war and the art and monuments made for it down the memory hole.

If the liberals keep pushing this I will defect to the south.

let's just nuke the entire earth into the void since I'm sure there's some hatred on that, gg bye guys nice knowing you, see you in the berenstone universe

Pathetic.

>thoughts on this?

see:
>pic related

Marxist "Cultural Revolution" tactics.

My favourite will always be Nathan Bedford Forrest.

It makes my blood boil what they are doing to Dixie land.

Holy shit, those windows are awful, it's obvious they're american.

>MEXICO.
>/READINGtheBIBLE/
>WEST*POINT
>ENGINEER*

Is that Jesus in plate armor in the top right? Why does he look FABULOUS?

I guess it's just showing scenes from American history?

He and Albert Pike were top-tier Southern Gentlemen. If people only knew what the ORIGINAL KKK (Forrest) as well as the original intention behind the reformed Scottish Rite (Pike) were about (protip: not "hang dem niggers and muh lerminaty ww3" jewish propaganda taught you) they'd shit themselves.

They were trying to stop the internationalist jew banker influence from usurping our Republic... sadly... they lost.

All those "carpet baggers"?? they were mostly crypto jews coming down south to worm their way into state governments and taking over the Masonic lodges so they could get all the people in positions of power to help along their plans for a "one-world" government.

THAT is what the civil war was fought over.
""The Union" were literally the well meaning but in the end, pawns for the jewish agenda.

sad!

I guess.

Weird though. Around here, they would depict apostles, saints, scenes from the Bible, that sort of stuff.

It's the Washington national cathedral, I guess one intention was for it to depict American history because it's the national cathedral? I have no idea but it would make sense to me

Yeah, I don't know what the story is. I've rarely seen stuff in churches that isn't just religious, or maybe oddly sort of black mass symbology. But DC is chock full of all kinds of other symbolism, and it wouldn't strike me as at all out of place to see something like that there.

>Reverend
>She
There's your problem

>the flags will be replaced by plain glass
so now they'll look like surrender flags. this is basically shitting on the history the windows are supposed to be showing. they might as well just replace the whole thing with black jesus fucking lady liberty.