Hear about this album for years

>hear about this album for years
>finally get over visceral revulsion to cover
>download FLAC rip of vinyl first pressing
>21st century schizoid man
>we'rereachinglevelsofepicthatshouldn'tevenbepossible.gif
>rest of the album
>soycore.jpg

did I get meme'd into developing gynecomastia here or does this album have it's entire reputation based off of the first song

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.schizoidshop.com/king-crimson---sailors-tales-1970--1972---limited-edition-27-disc-boxed-set-p1699.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=PQ8UBZfjYFs
dgmlive.com/tour-dates/1697
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're everything wrong with this board.

>claiming that 21st century schizoid man is better than epitaph
No way this isn't bait. Might listen to YES tho.

i listened this album about 3 times and it never sounds even like 5/10 music for me. it's problably the worst mucore meme

worst post on Sup Forums

I too can only enjoy 3 chord pop songs my man.

>soycore
Thanks for making my face wrinkle with embarrassment that I share a board with kids like you.

>You wouldn't understand...dark side of the moon not good enough for you, huh? No 3 minute pop songs?

>12:13 almost silence track with random pleem ploom sometimes
>MASTERPIECE MUCORE ARGGHH

I love when people are pretentious about the fact that they enjoy simple music. Looking down on people for liking something like King Crimson cause you think they are pretentious is a little hypocritical don't you think?

yes and Red is their the best album

You have to go back, soyim.

you are really making the song seem more obtuse then it really is. It very clearly has a structure, the sparse middle section isn't a stand alone thing, it exists in the context of the rest of the album, creating a very subdued is serene atmosphere, which leads brilliantly into the very dramatic final song. It's all about contrast of quiet and simple against loud and over the top. The album does something like this all the time, like how the crazy ending of 21st Century Schizoid man leads into I Talk to the Wind.

>he thinks King Crimson isn't simple pop music
>he thinks he's better than other people
>he disregards fun enjoyable music because it's "simple"

The moment you start treating mucore as a real thing is the moment all hope is lost.

If you think King Crimson is simple pop music then you're ability to distinguish different types of of music must be severally broken. If you can listen to Larks Tongues and say with confidence its pop music then you're retarded. And I didn't disregard simple music, I simply stated that people who take pride in their ability to enjoy simple music are hypocritical. Unlike you apparently I have the ability to recognize that music exists for unique reasons, and simply disregarding everyone who enjoys something complex is just as stupid as disregarding something just because it's simple.

In terms of pop music-art music-traditional folk, if you nit pick about genres beyond that your wasting your time. King Crimson is closer to Britney Spears than Beethoven in terms of what they makes, but at least Britney Spears isn't pretending to make anything other than fun dance music

Looks like we got a music expert here, this guy knows what he's talking about.

Well that confirms, it you're actually mentally challenged.

>unironically using "epic" to describe music
>not even enjoying Epitaph or Court
kill yourself my man

>soycore
oh so you're fucking retarded

>is viscerally revolted by the album cover
>calls it soycore
top kek
>>>/reddit/

Fuck off visceral guy, not everyone who likes to make something more complex than britney spears is ripping off classical.

>Such a little faggot you're scared of an album cover
>>>>>>>epic
>soy

>visceral revulsion to cover

>ITCOCK cover is 2spooky
Sick new meme, it's actually kind of funny.

EPITAPH IS GOAT ANYONE WHO SAYS DIFFERENTLY IS A FUCK

>Confusion will be my epitaph
>As we cross this cracked and broken land
>If we make it, we can all sit back and laugh...
>...but I fear...
>...tomorrow...
>I'LL BE CRYIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG!!!

Only the first track is good.
Everyone that says otherwise is under the King's New Clothes effect. It isn't patrician to admit the rest of the album is fucking boring.

epitah is the best song off that album

moonchild is the ultimate pleb filter

this

>Playing hide and seek with the ghosts of dawn
>Waiting for a smile from a sun child

I have no face for this feel.

Pretty sure it's "as I crawl this cracked and broken path"

This.

OP is being a fucking loser.

Rank 'em.
21st Century Schizoid Man > Epitaph > The Court of the Crimson King > I Talk to the Wind > Moonchild

OP is right. 21st century schizoid man is great, the remaining of the album is pure kitsch.

How can you not like Epitaph? In fact, how can you not like all the other songs? There's not a bad moment on the album except maybe the interlude after Moonchild, as I personally find long interludes to be unnecessary.

I talk to the wind.. my words are all carried away...

>How can you not like Epitaph?
I'm exaggerating because I do kinda like Epitaph. Don't really listen to it often at all though.
>In fact, how can you not like all the other songs?
Because I want to fall asleep halfway through them.

This is 100% correct.

King Crimson were literally the Britney Spears of the 70's. Anyone who tries to deny it has no concept of music theory.

I honestly would have preferred another slow song like I Talk to the Wind instead of the noodling.

It's a good album but you need to stop Moonchild at about 3 minutes.

ITttW>21st>Epitaph=Crimson King>Moonchild

It is very close though.

Bros if enough of us comment on the DGM Live guestbook I think we could get last.fm pictures for king crimson

talk to the wind is pretty good

What's your guys' favourite King Crimson song?

Mine is by FAR Walking On Air off of Thrak, but I never see it get mentioned anywhere. The fact that the original isn't on Youtube or Spotify probably doesn't help its cause.

Fripp needs to stop being an old man and put this shit on spotify.

Feels good being on Private Trackers, I downloading this baby the other day. shop.schizoidshop.com/king-crimson---sailors-tales-1970--1972---limited-edition-27-disc-boxed-set-p1699.aspx

Massive boxset of every studio album plus dozens of concert recordings and unreleased stuff and new Steven Wilson Masters.

Shit is incredible.

man the average iq of this board must be pretty low

Not even 1 (one) argument against anything I said

>muh music triangle
fuck off hampus, and/or hampus bootlicker

>Steven Wilson
This fucking guy is like the second coming, shame he will probably never see mainstream success.

The amount of stuff seems to be worth the money, maybe I'll pick this up later.

>Shame he will never see mainstream success
Uh, sweetie? Even if his solo career never reaches the same level, his prog metal PT albums are pretty damn successful

PT is pretty damn successful for a prog outfit, I can count on one hand the number of people I know who have heard of them.

Noo, that quiet ambient part just goes to make the album extra unique

Fuck you

or he's baiting

hint:
>he's baiting

Fallen Angel

not him, but it's more of the fact that the first song sets an expectation and you never really get any more of it. The rest of the album just feels like an anticlimax.

Here's another nice album cover for you to enjoy OP

I like Epitaph so much I even get way too into this version...
youtube.com/watch?v=PQ8UBZfjYFs

That's because that pretentious, completely pointless post isn't worth actual discussion

Exiles

21st Century > Court > Moonchild > Epitaph > Talk to the Wind

the title track is the best song on the album though

Catfood

Anyone else think 21st century sounds completely different from the rest of the album? The title track is this weird jazzy rock song, the rest sounds much more medieval.

Yeah, there's no debating that 21st century is the odd one out

>fun
>enjoyable
why are you on Sup Forums

"in the court of the crimson KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING" is one of the best payoffs of any album

Sorry that I enjoy pop music for what it is and don't waste my time with faux artistic garbage

at least work out what makes you perceive it as "fun" or "enjoyable" so you can isolate this and find music that directly applies to you, rather than going "hurrdurr all pop music is good cos it's fun"

I hate all those poppy 3 chord Crimson songs about falling in love they play all over the radio. I wish they weren't so simple.

I'm mot talking about all pop music, I'm talking specifically about the unpretentious pop music whose sole purpose is to be perceived as fun and enjoyable

Go to bed already you neckbeard.

I'm talking about you understanding what "fun" or "enjoyable" means, because they're not actually identifiable musical features, literally just buzzwords. Once you can tell what you actually like about the music rather than "it sounds fun and enjoyable" you can very quickly start to find lots of new and interesting music that you like.

Just listened to 21st century schizoid man. Pretty meh.

This thread is being taken over by soyboys and wannabe macho redpillers as we speak.

Is everything that is more then 2 chords "faux artistic garbage". Are people not allowed to try to make something unique or different because then that would be pretentious. By your standard every movie released in theater should be a transformers movie because they are "fun" and "enjoyable", and anything that tries to be something more should be labeled as pretentious garbage. Stop criticizing people for enjoying something different to you.

I'm not talking about the music from the way it is perceived, that would be litteraly useless. I'm talking about it from the intention of the creator. I mean the pop music which was created to be fun, not to be perceived by others as artistic.

Im talking about music which tries to pretend likes it artistic, even though its intention is to be sold as a product. That music is a waste of time. And yes I pretty much do agree with the second part, movies which are made to make money are the same as transformers, just worse at doing it.

When an artist says they are trying to make something "fun and enjoyable" that's code word for trying to make money of casual music listeners who don't care much for quality. I would hope most popular musicians have artistic integrity and make something that they think is interesting or unique, but alas many do not.

>shit on a plate
>"it's intended to be chocolate"
>he eats the shit
this is you

I'm pretty sure King Crimson isn't just trying to sell their music as a product for money. Of course as an artist trying to make a living you need to sell records, but Fripp was constantly trying something new, and it didn't always result in a financial success. If he wanted money he would have just stuck to the style of music on ITCOTCK, that sold pretty well, or moved more towards the style of other commercially successful prog bands like Yes and Genesis. Instead he just got even more experimental,

How does this thread have 85 replies? This is the weakest bait i've ever seen.

I'd they had artistic integredy they wouldn't be making popular music. If you make popular music your purpose is to make money foremost, so why waste your time on the stuff that isn't the absolute poppiest.

Not talking about marketing. No one shits on a plate intending to create a 4 course dinner, they mean to shit on the plate, no matter what is said of it.

They were trying to sell their music, which isn't a bad thing. But they pretended like they were making something "artistic" which is my problem with it and a lot of other music

>experimental music is never popular
fucking hell, 0/10 bait, you're not even trying

Not every band is trying to become the number one pop act. After the financial failure of Caress of Steel their label pushed Rush to make a more accessible album. At that time they agreed that they wanted to keep going with the less financially viable prog style because that's what they personally wanted to make. They literally accepted the fact that they weren't going to be successful and decided to go out the way they wanted. Turns out 2112 became a hit and the band was saved, but they decided to keep their artistic integrity, make what they thought was interesting, and became successful in the process.

Music being made with the intent of sale lacks artistic integredy, that is specifically what I am saying, I don't know what your story has to do with that

You and I aren't using the word popular in the same way

>Music being made with the intent of sale lacks artistic integredy
says the neet

>using the word epic in the year of our lord two thousand seventeen

the absolute state of this board

Reminder that King Crimson circa-1969 was just Medieval Weezer

Honestly, I probably would've picked Walking on Air as well if you didn't already mention it. Absolutely beautiful song, and like you said, it's a shame that nobody ever mentions it. Besides that though, I'd say either Islands or Pictures of a City.

Walking on Air and One Time are both great Belew vocal songs, but it's great they also released (slightly re-worked) instrumentals of them.

dgmlive.com/tour-dates/1697