Man of Steel/Batman V Superman

The climax of MoS is absolute perfection. Seeing Clark pushed under the Kryptonian World Engine while humanity is under attack. Just as the engine is about to crush Clark completely, a vital scene occurs in New York. A scene where Perry White extends a helping hand to his colleague, willing to face death together rather than abandon her. Then it cuts back to Clark and suddenly he feels empowered. He stands tall and pushes himself upwards, towards his Kryptonian heritage. As he flies towards towards his fate, a flash of Cristopher Reeves appears on Cavill's face. This is to mark Clark becoming Superman, as shown by the iconic imagery of Reeves molding Clark's face. This is Clark becoming Superman. It's not only Clark proving himself a savior, it's humans proving themselves worth saving.

This 1-minute scene perfectly encapsulates Superman, his anguish, his inspiration and his strength. If you need to describe Superman in its core, then this scene is all you need.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1480097988797.webm
mediafire.com/file/86ep7rvdjcj5pbc/ce_154028.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Absolute KINO
K
I
N
O

kino

You guys really need to stop this fucking bullshit. DCEU movies have been terrible to mid tier at best. I do hope they get their shit together though.

I've said it before and I will say it time and time again, the world engine scene is the greatest moment in any capeshit movie ever.

MoS is fucking god tier! what are you talking about?

I don't see how this post is a party.

Samefag

Pathetic samefagging

Agreed

MoS is top tier capeshit. BvS is debatable. pic related is my fav scene.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1480097988797.webm

How do i get a jaw like that

BvS is better.

However MoS is a fine film, the entire opening sequence with Russel Crowe on Krypton is kino, it cannot be denied. The fights are suitably devastating. I like how it depicted the apocalyptic results of demigods on Earth duking it out, mythological-style.

>New York

Its metropolis faggot

GOAT way to end the movie

You don't but if you want to give some illusion you got good jaws then lose weight. Having a slim face will do wonders to your face.

so I FINALLY saw this since it was on TV and it was one of the best superhero movies I've seen in a while

do critics not like it because it doesn't have enough quips?

I'm amazed shit like Deadpool and pretty much every other superhero movie has better reviews

Be anglo

Man of steel is dogshit. I haven't seen BvS but it can't possibly be worse than that mess

This movie is what made me a kinosuier

How can liberal critics ever recover from this review?

because of strange people like this:
I wonder what runs through their minds

I like bvs but mos imo is unbeatable. The emotion and setpieces were better

I wish you would put this much effort into Snyderverse's Batman. I loved how crazy he was.

also it pains me that will won't be more dream sequences. i loved his mad max attire.

It gets better, when i first saw it i thought it was average (mainly due to invincible son moment), after my second viewing i realised how good it really was

I've watched man of steel like 10 times now since it's on TNT regularly

Love his first flight on my surround system.

You are absolutely right. Very well said.

Your review is gay

Liberals banged their barely pubescent daughters like any other day, game over fag.

Wtf I love man of steel now

Thats actually quite impressive

Constantly learning new things about these movies.

why didn't Zod just find another planet to terraform?

and I know the invincible son scene is made fun of a lot but seriously why wouldn't Clark go rescue his dog instead? it wouldn't even look that weird

Senpai ;_;

>Have tons of great stories to adapt
>Have the most iconic superheroes of all time
>Still makes generic ptetentious garbage
How is this possible?

>generic pretentious
You're going all out with the buzzwords today, aren't you?

Man of Steel perfectly captures the essence of Superman. It's exactly what an origin story needs to do.

>perfectly captures the essence of Superman
It seems like you've never read any good Superman story

Just Cuck? Like Adele?

Those are two of the weakest parts of MoS

There's no reason Zod couldn't just go terraform Mars or even the Moon, whatever. Idiot humans could try to nuke him but by that time they'd probably be powerful enough to fly into space and punch a rocket back at Earth, basically stalemate with Superman in any interplanetary conflict.

The entire thing with Clark's dad is spelled out, but it is also incredibly dumb and out of character for Superman. He could have easily gone and grabbed his dad and dog and made it look natural if he hadn't been such a noob. The scene is just slammed in there as some sort of justification for Superman laying low and being unaccountable.

Both are explained user

If they terraformed Mars, then Earth would've been doomed anyways. It would require just one renegade Kryptonian out of millions to destroy earth. Not only that but Zod was a military leader and he was bound to conquer Earth regardless where they colonized. I think they even say in either MoS or BvS that they were very lucky that the only Kryptonian that landed on Earth is on their side.

This. I love the Snyder part of the DCEU (Suicide Skwad was pure shit, even worse than Marvel which at this point I didn't think it was possible) but some parts of it are pure retarded. The Invincible Son scene, the Martha shit, Flash travelling back in time and not being mentioned at all, Wonder Woman, it's all really bad.

But the good parts are great so there is that. I unironically think MoS and BvS are some of the best capeshit ever made on par with Nolan and Raimi

>Superman saved few random people
>Caused thousands of deaths and billions of property damage
Ture hero!

>the Martha shit
why is that retarded? it was a great scene and made 100% sense

mediafire.com/file/86ep7rvdjcj5pbc/ce_154028.zip

Link to Peace on Earth. Change the filename from cbz to zip and extract it. I would dump it here if I had the time.

Chills.

He didn't cause it. What the hell? Also BvS is entirely about retards who thought Superman caused it. And they are wrong.

how is superman having the entire krytonian genome / codex thing in his cells supposed to outweigh getting probably many thousands killed?

is he going to skeet in a bunch of human bitches and spread all the krypton cells? so they gradually become super people?

>He didn't cause it
he went out of his way to throw zod through a fucking skyscraper you mong

Poor execution. I get what they were trying to do but the scene doesn't show that. The scene shows batman changing his mind for no reason and being pals with superman just because.

As I said I love BvS but that doesn't make sense.

Just dump it bro. Its Sunday for crissakes

The invincible son and Martha scenes grated me too and still do a little but they really are great scenes just poorly constructed imo. I like them more with each viewing

Also you misswd the point of the flash scene

>I get what they were trying to do but the scene doesn't show that. The scene shows batman changing his mind for no reason and being pals with superman just because.
what? I have no idea what you're talking about.

The will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.

He is literally the only reason of all bad things happened in these movies.
>touched alien shit so Zod comes
>Didn't prevent his landing, because was too busy visiting churches instead of his goddamn kryptonian father

What if Superman's mom's name was Julia. Would Batman have stomped his dome in?

Yes

This is the most asinine complaints I've seen yet

>for no reason
Batman was reminded that Superman was actually far more human than he thought. His greatest fear in BvS is that Superman is an alien that would destroy Earth. This scene emphasises that Clark and Bruce share similar pains. It is to bond Bruce to Clark. I don't think it was bad. I think it was great.

You're not even trying anymore. This is pathetic. And like I said, if you want a movie where retards like you are portrayed, watch BvS. You'll get BTFO though.

>doesn't have anything to say
>better call this solid arguments stupid!
Oh,Snyderfgas. Never changes.

As I thought, you're just here to call people names and stir up shit. Predictable. Sad!

I thought it was a great movie. The autists on this board give it a lot more hate than they deserve. I can agree with some complaints with suicide squad but Mos and BVS are great

>Batman was reminded that Superman was actually far more human than he thought. His greatest fear in BvS is that Superman is an alien that would destroy Earth.

It was mostly a Batman moment though, he was essentially reborn in that moment and allowed clarity from the path that darkened his mind, that's why it's a great scene imo. he goes from rage to shock to disgust (at himself) to reconciliation.

Why was suicide squad so shit and why did the general public like it... its baffling

>that scene where zod throws a semi hauling gasoline at him and he just floats over it allowing it to slam into a building and blow up the entire fucking building
Like... The explosion wouldnt even hurt him, but he let all those people in that building die.

>being that delusional
You kids can't handle truth as I see. Clark is the reason why Zod even visits Earth. Clark could easily prevent Zod's attack, but he didn't. He could visit Jor-El to as who are Zod and his crew is. He could ask how to deal with them. But he visited church to see some random useless human instead.

>The explosion wouldnt even hurt him
Not true, he gets knocked out in an explosion earlier in the movie and would die if it happened again.

Also why would he know it'd explode?

Suicide Squad is proof that the masses will eat shit. It's on par with those Marvel movies. It's awful. This world isn't ready for Snyderkino.

>he missed the point of the church scene
I feel sorry for you.

>Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith
This is Superman taking a leap of faith after consulting the church. MoS is his leap of faith in mankind and mankind proving him right. It's wonderful. I feel sad you didn't get.

>Batman was reminded that Superman was actually far more human than he thought because their mothers share same name
Funny thing is, if Clark's mother was Sara or Scarlett, Bruce would pierce him by a spear.

>From the Greeks I have not at all felt similarly strong impressions, and to be blunt, they cannot mean as much to me us the Romans. We do not learn from the Greeks — their manner is too foreign and too fluid to create a commanding, "classical" effect. Who could ever have learned to write from a Greek? Who could ever have learned to write without the Romans? Please do not throw Plato at me. I am a complete skeptic about Plato, and I have never been able to join in the customary scholarly admiration for Plato the artist. The subtlest judges of taste among the ancients themselves are here on my side. Plato, it seems to me, throws all stylistic forms together and is thus a first-rate decadent in style: his responsibility is thus comparable to that of the Cynics, who invented the satura Menippea. To be attracted to the Platonic dialogue, this horribly self-satisfied and childish kind of dialectic, one must never have read good French writers — Fontenelle, for example. Plato is boring. In the end, my mistrust of Plato goes deep: he represents such an aberration from all the basic Greek instincts, is so moralistic, so pseudo-Christian (he already takes the concept of "the good" as the highest concept) that I would prefer the harsh phrase "higher swindle" or, if it sounds better, "idealism" for the whole phenomenon of Plato. We have paid dearly for the fact that this Athenian got his schooling from the Egyptians (or from the Jews in Egypt?) In that great calamity called Christianity, Plato represents that ambiguity and fascination, called an "ideal," which made it possible for the nobler spirits of antiquity to misunderstand themselves and to set foot on the bridge leading to the Cross. ... Plato is a coward before reality, consequently he flees into the ideal; Thucydides has control of himself, consequently he also maintains control of things.

You just too stupid to get the point, don't you? He doesn't need to visit church in the first place. He could prevent Zod's plans by simply visiting Jor-El.

Tbf batman is insane

Pretty much, it's the most trivial of coincidences that solves their trivial, almost nonsensical dispute.

This is sad. You didn't even read my post. Or didn't understand it. I don't know what's worse. I get it that in Marvel movies all they need to do is hug and they beat the big bad guys but Clark is more conflicted than that in MoS. He is torn between his race and his family.

>have Batman AND Superman in the title
>can't reach even fucking billion
Yeah, in time Snyder will be remembered as person who created less loved movie than Antman.

Why are Marvelfats so obsessed with box-office numbers? I sometimes read Marvel threads and it seems all people do is jerk it to the amount of money Disney made. Why?

>BvS/MoS thread
>It's a bunch of Marvel shills attempt to nitpick every line and scene in order to appear smart episode
Business as usual.

I know DC better than you know how to suck cocks, faggot. TDK made billion and best capeshit without even Batman in the title. Snyder created movie with literally death battle ticket bait in the title and still lost.

Clark is the reason Zod here. Clark can prevent his attack. He chooses not to. He is not complicated person, he is just asshole.

I feel like I'm reading some pajeet shitskins posts when I read this.

I know a Marvel cocksucker when I see one. Go on. Keep jerk it to box-office numbers. After all, Avatar is the greatest movie of all time and The Farce Awakens is the greatest Star Wars of all time. Go on. Tell me how much your precious corporations made last quarter. I love those posts the most.

shoo shoo poo in loo

Well, now I see that you all just retarded or being fat. Poor baits, kids.

This is white man country, leave.

>americuck
>white
Nice one.

There was actually a Paki in a thread the other day talking about how he likes Marvel because they include all races or some shit. It was inane. You're probably unto to something. A Pajeet on Disney salary isn't unheard of.

I'm not even american you dirty dumb shitskin scum

Report the Pajeet shitposter so we can carry on. This is getting tiresome.

>being this mad
Where are you from then? Because you sound as stupid as american.

lol, go for a shower pajeet

Too ashamed of your pathetic country, huh?

King Kino

Shit, this is attention to detail.