This shit is starting to get ridiculous now

>Goods and services tax extended to all online purchases and streaming services
>Highest power prices in the world
>Internet service providers charge even higher than AT&T and Verizon
>New internet tax will implemented soon
>Tax on all alcohol because muh health
>Hillariously expensive electronics
>Luxury car tax
It makes it even worse that wage growth in this fucked up country has been stagnant for years. How the fuck can Australians just accept this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GRmSoEM16eA
3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-australia-bowled-out-for-60-england-dominate-day-one-2015080706
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How the fuck can Australians just accept this
She'll be roight xD

Oh no I can't handle living in one of the best countries in the world that people literally kill themselves trying to reach!

hmmmmm

>Gr*ens

It's the only reason I'm not moving there. I like my vidya too much.

the gravy train was nice while it lasted though

how about you leave then you useless cunt

you can literally pack your bags and go to New Zealand right now, you don't even need a visa

>How the fuck can Australians just accept this
Maybe a fresh new minimum wage at 75 dollaryoos will fix it

>I suffer in Australia
>the country that just broke the record for longest period without a recession
>the country ranked second on the HDI
>the country with universal health care, a high minimum wage and decent unemployment benefits
>the country with low inflation and unemployment
>the country with three (3) cities widely considered some of the most liveable in the world
>the country without any political instability
>the country without any violence

get some fucking perspective

The area of Melbourne where I grew up has a lot of Dutch immigrants.
My parents are divorced, and my dad almost got married an autistic second generation Dutch woman.
The Dutch were alright until about 50 years ago, now they're just old cranky ladies and extreme leftist atheists. A revival of 17th century capotains and beards would help

but strewth ruth, me rego's nearly 800 bloody dollarydoos, and rising, mate! get ya thumb out yer arse, you drongo

>make double what we do straight out of college
Fuck off with your woe is me things are expensive bullshit.

plus we don't have to pay upfront for university. The government automatically gives you a loan for the units you take, where the interest is set at the inflation rate and you only have to start repaying it once you start earning $42,000

>without any violence
Wow I guess it's not real if you just ignore it.

What about all the poisonous minsters that can kill you? Fuck this place

I hate when people from countries like Finland and Australia complain about their lives, you fucks don't GET to complain. Especially Finnish people, every Finnish person I've met online has had " depression xD" for no fuckin reason. Idiots

>I know nothing about australia except what reddit told me

What they need all the tax revenue for?

it's fucking rich isn't it

Which part of melbourne has a lot of dutch immigrants? I am asking for a friend

Triggers me to no end. It's made me hate Finnish people more than you can possibly imagine. Hopefully the boat people can teach Australians what living in a piss poor country is like

How hard is it to immigrate and settle in AUS as a Frenchfag ?
I wanna complain with you of living there.

pretty sure it's only ever one person whining on Sup Forums
most people here realise how lucky we are

We really dont have much violence desu especially compared to several US states

my best mate is french and I don't think he his family had any problems beyond having to learn English, which doesn't seem to be a problem for you.

the girls go crazy over his accent too

probably not that hard as long as you arent a neet

>The housing and rental market is equivalent to the early 20th century in terms of affordability

>Corporate shill party continues to win elections despite being outright shills

Crime and violence in Australia will never compare to crime and violence in America

try moving out of Melbourne or Sydney

>>Goods and services tax extended to all online purchases and streaming services
We'll have this in Canada within 10 years, screencap this post

That's an uplifting thought, thanks guys.
The only flaw in my plan is that I teach English in France, but I'm not quite sure yet if teaching English in Australia will get me very far. Hmm.

The Mt Dandenong area, specifically Mt Evelyn.
I don't know how many Dutch-born people there are these days though.
But when I lived in that area as a kid (in the early 2000s), we used to go to St Clare's Catholic church in Mt Dandenong, where a lot of them attended.

The problem with this argument is that about half the country lives in those two cities and there really isnt anything worthy of note outside of them. with the exception of Perth and maybe Brisbane for just being comfy but they lack a lot

and there's literally nothing wrong with it, it's keeping local businesses competitive

t. never left Melbourne or Sydney

Ive actually lived in hobart and perth before dont stereotype half the country you backwood bogan fuck

What's lacking in Perth ? Isn't it there that there's the Bon Scott statue ? I thought it was put there because it was a chill city to be in

t. never left Melbourne or Sydney

There's a Bon Scott statue in Freo because he grew up there and wrote a lot of songs about the place.
And yeah, it's a very chilled place, probably more so than the rest of the country. Pavement even wrote a song about it youtube.com/watch?v=GRmSoEM16eA
All it's really lacking is excitement I guess since it's a pretty small place compared to Melbourne and Sydney. We're far from a backwater though.

it leaves more to want as far as a trendy inner city urban enviroment or a better public transport network / not having to own a car to live there. Being so remote and it costing hundreds of dollars to travel anywhere interstate or overseas due to being the most remote city on the planet.

It is super chill and actually a lovely spot to live but I wish it was a little bit less los angeles feeling

super close to nordic poon boys get round it

>We're far from a backwater though.
>We're
The jig is up Perthfag.

>local businesses competitive
>online Canadian services like Netflix
404 not found

Netflix is just one part of it

Online retailers are choking the life out of small businesses in Australia, since they have to charge an extra 10% of GST

I'd think Ushuaia is most remote than Perth but I see your point. Still sounds comfy enough to me though.

If Australia is doing so well economically, perth will most likely grow one day, typically when blokes from Melbourne or Sydney will grow tired of their biug city lives and will look to settle somewhere else.
It's what fucking happened with my city which used to be decenbt but has been gaining 10,000 new inhabitants per year for the past 15 years because people suddenly realised it was a great place to settle for the second part of your life.
I fucking hate it.

Still better wages and prices than here
It costs $5 for an avocado and $6 for an eggplant

you are part of the problem.
A country may be great, but that doesn't mean that there's no room for improvement. Not everybody is lucky to be born in a family with money.
Instead people like you who probably got everything blown up their ass like to talk shit like that. Of course Australia isn't Eritrea or some shithole like that, nobody here claimed this.
But a country should allow all of its people to live a decent live. Instead people like you who accept the status quo are the reason for 3rd world immigration because the corporations need to make more money xDDD
Let's let them import thousands of 3rd worlders that get shitty payment instead of paying Jezza Jones from tasmania a wage that allows him to live a normal life.
People like you are to blame that my country goes to shit, because that's the way of thinking that lead to this situation right now.

Brits BTFO. You'd be a better neighbour than any of our neighbours. What should we call our new channel, the one between Norway and Australia?

That's how it works in the USA anyway.

>Murrica ain't violent, just stay out of the ghetto!

This dosent only effect melbourne and sydney chinese investors are spiking perth, brisbane and adelaide markets too just slower than in the de facto capitals

So unless you live in Hobart or rural areas its costing more than ever to live in Australia high minimum wage be damned

t.Real estate Market analysis employee

You sure about that? Do you pay AU$0.43/kWh? Because that's the Germany average.

Do you consider animals fighting in the zoo as German violence? It's ignored because nobody cares and that's not a problem.

>be australian
>wake up next to your sister
>"ay dahlin fahk moi that was a noice root last noight"
>ride a kangaroo to the shitposting plant
>get stopped by abos
>their faces haven't loaded yet because of high ping
>give them all your petrol anyway
>apologise for invading their country
>say thank you to the traditional owners of the land, the irrawajjialabumbajjiju people
>continue on your way
>shitpost hard on Sup Forums all day so you can afford to pay your internet bill ($1000 for 0.1bps connection, 3mb data cap)
>go home
>get mugged by abos again
>no petrol this time, give them some of your ping instead
>switch on the tv
>the wallabies lost to new zealand again
>"fahkin no worries m8 she'll be roight I'll just watch the loigue instead"
>the kangaroos lost to new zealand again
>"m-muh cricket"
>3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-australia-bowled-out-for-60-england-dominate-day-one-2015080706
>"m-muh afl"
>can't see what's happening, players' mullets blocking the camera
>go to new zealand, steal some pavlova and claim it was yours all along
>cry yourself to sleep muttering "m-muh hdi, m-muh gdp per capita"
>get bitten by spoidah
>die within seconds

Pic related.

Our zoo animals don't fight because they're kept in animal friendly conditions.

>Canada at the bottom
>my province somehow manages to have the highest rates in the country despite having a power surplus

>tfw 0.09 AUS

It was an analogy. Animals will be treated like animals.

please don't bring up >60

wew

>But a country should allow all of its people to live a decent live.

Why?

>51% of Australian millenials will never own a house
>despite this the party that won't do anything to negative gearing or stop overseas (read: chinese) investors from buying up property and leaving them empty to spike prices
JUST

Shut up you cunt, I just returned from liviing in Aus for two years and I want to go back, the country may be expensive but even a basic low income job is MORE than enough to live comfortably

they literally announced a change to superannuation to improve affordability a few months ago mate

Ushuaia isnt really a city it only has like 60k people there are country towns in my state that have more people than that.

Perth has two million people and is growing steadily.

The point is that the closest city in the country to perth is adelaide or darwin which are pretty remote themselves. other than that perth is surrounded by ocean and is basically closer to Bali than the east coast of Australia

>australians cities
>cbd surrounded by a sea of suburbs
why is this allowed

high density living is a meme

Shouldnt have been allowed but wha-hey 20th century city planning, ironically the innercity urban enviroments built in the late 1800s are the future for australian cities

t. literally wants to be a yank

I like having a big garden and quiet streets if that's what you mean

>it has to be MY way
opinion discarded

Mid density isnt though its practical town planning unlike urban sprawl

Sup chang

>a change to superannuation
yeah, so it's a shitty solution to a shitty problem rather than doing anything that would actually be effective
Now you can just "salary sacrifice" rather than expecting your government to actually do anything about the shitty practices allowing this situation to happen

alri tyrone rodriguez

>0.32
Fucking christ, this must be why Germans keep buying the solar jew

what do you want them to do? This isn't a problem that can be resolved by flicking a switch.

>irish and spanish

2papist4me

>what do you want them to do
changes to negative gearing and limit the level of overseas investment we have

>limit the level of overseas investment we have
do you realise what that entails? You sound like one of the retards that comments on news articles on facebook

Not halve the capital gains tax in 2002

gotta pay dat english tax yo.

keepin' dat NEET monarchy fed is an expensive job yo!

Only uncivilized niggers live in inner cities

you made it that way

also

serve you right for allowing the crown to disarm you of fire arms.

y'all need to take example of USA in regards to that

australia = yes please tax us without representation

Getting rid of guns is one of the better things Howard did

We only pay for Her Maj while she's over here and she's generally good entertainment
Something to be said for having a monarchy on timeshare

The meme isnt funny when were basically an independent country with only cultural ties to the UK, im pretty sure none of our tax goes to the UK
Back to polish reddit with you

>getting rid of old hunting rifles that didn't hurt anyone was a good thing
>bikies still shooting down people with full auto sub machine guns
Good job

>be american
>pay $5000 to go to the hospital
>get shot

>I don't understand how the monarchy works

>spotted the queen's henchmen

all for you

bikies are a meme and don't begin to compare to Amerishart crime

>I reject your reality and substitute my own

>>bikies still shooting down people with full auto sub machine guns
But bikies dont shoot each other with full auto sub machine guns, they shoot each other with the kind of crappy, low modifiable, low capacity guns from the 80's that weren't surrendered after the laws changed and the buyback.

Most guns I ever see them use are home modified sawn off's and bolt action hunting rifles with the barrel lopped off.

By moving to New Zealand?

But how?
Don't you just burn cheap coal mostly?

Normalfags generally despite anything that doesn't fall into the status quo, that's why they tend to get so passive aggressive and act like complete fuckwits, as per the user you are responding to.

They are what holds humanity back but are at the same time the sheer bulk of humanity. The lowest common denominator. The people who are offended at the idea that there is a world out there that goes on without them.

Unfortunately these scum are needed to do the countless jobs to keep nations afloat which, those with higher education and a lick of intellectual creativity would be bored out of their minds and sooner become an hero than to work 40+ hours a week in such roles for the remain of their lives.

lmoa

>Don't you just burn cheap coal mostly?

We used to. Now we want to move onto renewables because lets face it, there's plenty of sun we can benefit from, and the government has responded by telling us that we can indeed have that clean energy generation we want, but first we gotta wait 7 years for it to get cleared and also that it'll never be built because the government have a great big stiffy for coal.

Doesnt help that between all this, power plants are closing down left right and centre and the companies are private and gaming the system for max benefit and there's fuck all anyone can do.

Don't talk about shit you don't understand, then go on to project your ignorance to others. The housing prices and land shortage is entirely artificial and controlled within government powers.
We as a nation (read: Boomer scum) has aggressively voted in those pollies who have focused on passing legislation which allows large property developers to obtain large blocks of land which are not even zoned and released to towns and suburbs who need it.
We have a system which is effectively holding of from releasing zoned housing land in favour of keeping them locked for big dollar developers and international investors.

The problem is that all of this can be corrected but our governments are not willing to pass the required legislation through the system into law. They dare not defy their corporate and multinational overlords who funnel them more money and kickbacks than an honest citizenry can offer.

Kindly neck yourself, cunt.