P R E T E N T I O U S

P R E T E N T I O U S

This has lowered my opinion about the original album

>Duckworth is the first song in the new edition
No shit Captain Obvious

yep there's already a thread about this but don't worry, i've already reported you for not searching beforehand. enjoy your bans - cheers!

reporting a ban is a bannable offense, dip shit

damn nigga, i do that for free. but i already deleted your shit

Every day I lose the modicum of respect I had for him

reporting a ban for reporting a ban is a bannable offense, dip shit

10/10 BNM

based pretentious nigger

WE WUZ REVERSING ALBUMS N SHIEEEET

FUCKING WHIETYS!!

How embarassing.

reporting a ban for reporting a ban for reporting a ban is a bannable offense, dip shit

I'm pretty sure Kendrick's gonna release it b(l)ackmasked. Be prepared for Kid A 2.0.

reporting a ban for reporting a ban for reporting a ban for reporting a ban is a bannable offense, dip shit

In an August interview, Kendrick said that DAMN. was meant to be played in reverse order: “You listen from the back end, and it’s almost the duality and the contrast of the intricate Kendrick Lamar. Both of these pieces are who I am.”

t. the guy who made that thread

How embarassing.

Too bad the album sucks.

jesus

>it’s almost the duality and the contrast of the intricate Kendrick Lamar
thank you for giving me new reasons to think you're a douche

You're a moron,

This is Kanye levels of masturbatory narcissism.

yeah but kanye makes fun of himself, this nigga believes his horseshit

It really bugs me how critically acclaimed this dude is when he's completely average.

blame whitey

Kendrick is more sincere and serious but you can't honestly believe he doesn't take stabs at himself. This is delusional, which is ironic because you're pretty much accusing him of being deluded.

no i'm accusing him of faking this bullshit to sound like he has something deep to say but if you look at that interview he is really just puffed up nonsense and you can see through it easily. nothing wrong with being narcissistic but like say something cool about yourself. don't try to sound deep when you're not. he is smarter than that and portrays this 'dep thought' fake bullshit because dumb people believe it

Most of this post is puffed up bullshit

Why are rappers such fucking retards

never said i didn't talk in nonsense, we're not talking about me
ok you really think
"the duality and the contrast of the intricate Kendrick Lamar. Both of these pieces are who I am."
is sincere?

For fuck's sake, is it at least going to be mixed differently?

Sure. I have no reason to think he's having a laugh.

Also my friend predicted that this would happen in the attached picture. It would be a fucking riot if P4k did that.

>Kendrick is more sincere and serious
not at all, kanye is more sincere in his music. how personal they get in their music is perfectly displayed in the song "no more parties in LA" where kendrick doesn't have any personal details or any stories yet lyrically circlejerks while kanye speaks very personally about how he got to the position he is now

ok so now that you believe he's sincere...
don't you want to fucking puke at how stupid what he said about himself is?

That's one song. I don't think Kanye has historically been as sincere with his lyrics. Maybe personal in the sense that he's directly talking about himself, but you can't equate that with sincerity in general.

I literally called it masturbatory and pretentious. Of course it's silly and stupid. How the hell did you come to the conclusion that I felt otherwise?

ok,i did not even look to see that it was the same user. i really wasn't doing a kanye vs kendrick thing with who is the more narcissistic, i just found this to be an example where someone should slap kendrick. kanye has been and needs slapping all the time. i still personally want to believe kendrick is half laughing it off when he says some dumb shit like this, but maybe he really is lost in his head.

Bad take. Listen to 808s and TLOP

yeah what a good thread with 4 responses cocksucker

>he didn't even name it .NMAD
wasted potential desu

Nah he's as prone to being full of shit as all people are. It's just sad that this pretentious move will be lauded as genius when it's just fucking not.

Oh I'm not saying Kanye is never sincere. "Through the Wire" and "Roses" and "Heartless" are emotional as hell. It's just that he has a greater tendency to shroud himself in ironic pastiche and comedically undercut his own drama. MBDTF did this every five minutes. Hell, so did Pablo.

>sincerity in general.
lets not make it personal but lets make it about how sincere they feel about topics in general. If that's the case

>new slaves
>jesus walks
>gone
>spaceships
>graduation day
>hey mama
>drive slow
>real friends
some of these are personal but they're about other people so im going to include them

Kendricks most sincere moments
>blacker the berry
>sing about me im dying of thirst
>black boy fly
>good kid
>hiiipower
>FEAR
>for free
>untitled 2

although kendrick does cover a lot more social and political topics he tends to be more lyrically indulgent rather than speak about the topic at hand, which leads to a rather shallow take on a complex issue. Kanye just says whats on his mind and doesn't overcomplicate it or shroud it in any complex metaphors

I would contest that his sense of humor and guardedness are a part of his sincerity,actually. It comes off as more expressive to me than Kendrick who can almost feel like he's playing a part

comedically undercutting his own drama is the thing that makes me like kanye over kendrick because he should be able to laugh at his own expense and make a big joke out of it all. if he was dead serious all the time, THEN his music would be a joke.

I think this just speaks to focus and complexity more than sincerity.

>replying to tripfags
fellas please

>although kendrick does cover a lot more social and political topics he tends to be more lyrically indulgent rather than speak about the topic at hand, which leads to a rather shallow take on a complex issue. Kanye just says whats on his mind and doesn't overcomplicate it or shroud it in any complex metaphors

Yeah that's fine, and it's why Kanye is good. But it doesn't inherently make him better than Kendrick. And he absolutely to this day takes himself far too seriously despite the clowning around. He's as bad or worse than FJM when it comes to that.

By the way: I was never making this an issue of quality once. Kanye is not inferior because he clowns around more than K-Dot does.

But none of that really related to the topic of sincerity. I'm a little confused.

>it’s almost the duality and the contrast of the intricate Kendrick Lamar
Why do people even give self-absorbed asshats like this the light of day?

Why do music journalists and rappers who talk to music journalists sound so high up their own ass? Isn't the appeal of modern day hip-hop that you can provide a message very directly and without having to worry about sounding like you're trying to prove you have an English major.

reporting a ban for reporting a ban for reporting a ban for reporting a ban for reporting a ban is a bannable offence, dips hip

I feel like people should have asked questions like these in the '70s when punk became the new thing. So much pretension despite the alleged counter it served to the pretension of prog. I mean, you're right, and it's kind of weird that certain types of pretension are lauded while others are hated.

kendrick has an inferiority complex and has been imbued with "smart, good negro" label by whitey and his own inferiority for not being even smarter causes him to say something to hopefully sound smart (didn't work in this pitchfork quote) but to an actual smart person, he sounds dumb. but then whitey rushes to defend him, not allow anyone to make smart, well-behaved negro man into just another dumb rapper so they allow this sentence to go by that is some wordplay bull that doesn't add up to anything at all. he is empty and full of himself.

>I'm basing this bullshit psychoanalysis all on one statement
Hey have you guys seen Good Will Hunting?

Currently, journalists automatically assume a tone of smugness and (if it's something they don't like) condescension. This is a psychological manipulation method: people want to believe what they read, and acting like it's such common sense that you'd be insane not to agree with their opinions is a great way to hammer into readers that what they're printing isn't to be questioned. Most of the 15-30yo demographic is incredibly egotistical and believes they "just get it" while those who disagree with them must just be too stupid to understand.
Another side of this coin is the use of hivemind cues: see how many articles are in the "X is Y and people think Z". The purpose of this isn't to report news, but to report the most popular reaction to news, so that the bugman can adopt the safest opinions possible, subconsciously cementing the journalism as a voice of authority (since peer approval is his goal) even further.

>purposely releases it in the "wrong" order

Wew lad, Kendrick with the 8 year old tier insightfulness.

What a goofball