>best movie of 2016

>yet no ones sees it

how?

i could understand chinks and nips doesnt wanna see this since it btfoes them.

i could understand third world scrubs wouldnt watch since christian and muh america

but why doesnt most of world doesnt see this movie instead of green screen shits like Dr Strange, Harry Potter Prequel or Star Wars Sequel Prequel Remix?

is Cinema literally dead?

10 years ago atleast people went some good movies even we called them pleb those movies look in comparison godlike. Im talking about pleb movies like Fight Club or Matrix or VForVendetta for gods sake.

this shit is broking my heart , i cant believe a someone who isnt shitskin (or shittasted) & not nips or chink wouldnt want to see this movie rather then flavor of the month CGI movie.

I know what you mean. It really is.

gibson is still a controversial figure and it's probably going to take a while for the average moviegoer to warm up to him again

the film already made back its budget and made around 20 million dollars of straight up profit after just a couple of weeks in the cinema, and i think some european countries haven't even started showing it yet or only started showing it very recently

it's probably going to do very well on home media as well

the film's box office record is fine, settle down

I don't go to the movies anymore.

How is that so?

i doubt average person on the world knows or cares Gibson controversies .

people likely know Braveheart more then him calling nigger or jews whatever.

>shitty religious propaganda
>the whole movie I'm sitting there thinking no matter how much the movie tries to vilify them the japs were in the right in ww2
>only have decent part was when the first guy gets his fucking face shot off
>shakycam mess for the entire last hour
>vince vaughn
I wonder...

how were the japs in the right?

Even though the story is true it seems incredibly hokey. The trailers made it seem like it would be unbearably preachy, Andrew Garfield is a cunt, and I don't particularly have any desire to see another war movie.

But Mel is based, so I saw it and was blown away.

they were defending their land.
The only reason they were in world war 2 is because the yanks started stealing their supplies.
Japan literally did nothing wrong.

>le Germans were the bad guys meme
throw it in the garbage

It's not propaganda if it actually happened you fucking numbskull.
Oh nevermind, you're just pretending to be retarded.
As are you.

what about the Thai-Burma railroad?

Yeah, why would someone discuss try to actually discuss movies on Sup Forums. What a retard.

Saw it yesterday. This is in fact the best movie of 2016.

Because war films reached their peak with SPR, TTRL, BoB, and GK. There's really no purpose in making more of them, nobody cares anymore.

Not this shit again. Japan was killing and raping its way across all of Asia long before the US withheld any oil from it. It wasn't defending shit you gook bastard

there was literally 0 german in this movie or any mention.

nice try marvelfag

It has good legs, it will likely make mid-60 million on a 40 million budget, not amazing but not a bomb either.

I haven't seen Dr. Strange and I won't see Rogue One because Disney doesn't need any more money, but I did see Fantastic Beasts twice. I also saw Arrival twice. I saw Hacksaw once to support Based Mel and it turned out to be a great fill-im.

>Okinawa
>Germans

fuckin weeaboo

first hour is insufferably cliched. vince vaughn didn't fit the role at all. the boot camp scenes were laughably bad, and tried too hard to be comedic. character development is non-existant, as well as any memorable characters. too preachy. wow this guy was so brave for saving all those men! no actually he was just a retard religious nut who had no regard for his own safety out of stupidity.

other than that, not a half bad movie. but definitely not the best of 2016. especially with moonlight, swiss army man, and silence later this year.

don't mix chinks and nips.

chinks love this movie and any other anti japan movies.

>wow this guy was so brave for saving all those men! no actually he was just a retard religious nut who had no regard for his own safety out of stupidity.

*tips

indeed, my good sir. indeed.

wtf i hate mel gibson now

Truly, the supremely intelligent crème de la crème who existed in the 1940's, such as myself, if I were born then, would have disposed of such mundane trivialities like war. I would scoff to myself as all the chad thundercock football players stupidly ran away to fight wars, to prove their masculinity perhaps, but I and many other intellectuals are comfortable with our masculinity so we have to need for such childishness like war and religion.

Along these same lines, I must argue that any great intellect and connoisseur of cinema, such as I, would instantly recognize "Café Society" as the greatest film of 2016, and dare I say, all time.

Movie distribution is falling behind in the times. I wouldn't invest in theater company at this point. Case in point: you'll be able to see this flick for free on your own plasma TV in like a month, why pay $25 to go see it now?

That's why only big bullshit grand scale sci-fi and capeshit movies make bank these days because only big giant action shots and SFX gain much from theatre experience anymore and people see them as a social event. Also their audience is the lowest common denominator of morons who will buy something that you can get for free soon enough.

Chris nolan is right when he says that you need to give people an 'experience' to get them to actually go to the movie and pay full price. I thought Inception and particularly interstellar gained something from being seen in IMAX. But its still only temporary. As tech improves they are going to have to distribute new movies digitally rather than trying to get people to come play captive audience for overpriced snacks and annoying theater talkers.

only a few theatres played it unfortunately
something like 200 in france
that's ridiculous

It's not out in the UK until January 27th for some reason. Was similar release gap for The Revenant also

We always get the latest Capeshit a week in advance though

>hollywood actor that isn't a liberal shill

sign me up

Fan base is going stronger. Went to see it with the family last night. We showed up about 5 minutes before it was set to start. I wasn't worried because it's been out for a month and there's new "blockbusters" that have been released.

Boy was I wrong. Theatre was at capacity. We had to ask for a refund, then went to see it at a theatre 10 min away an hour later. That theatre filled up to capacity too before it started.

Ended with clapping Americans

>invade severals asians countries
>attack europeans colonies
>usa stop selling their precious oil
>attack usa in retaliation

next time you'll cross a jap slap his rice head

i'm not particularly interested in seeing a movie that isn't my first language. unless its getting some real amazing reviews or appeals to audiences in other countries i don't think people would want to go see these movies, and if they're interested they can wait for video release

i saw it in vostfr but it was also in french in some threatres

>not in imax
>pretty short release, was at my theatre for 2 weeks

>the japs were in the right
I'm all for a good "le Nazis did nothing wrong xD" meme
But the Nips were monsters on a whole different level

>mel gibson

>*BARK*
>Subtitle: "All niggers must burn!"
Was that really necessary?

>bootcamp scenes were laughlabley bad

that was the point moron

chinks just like CGI bullshits like transformers or pacific rim.

they have no idea of art or taste.

>free

sure if you are pirate. you can do same thing at theater too if you dont mind being called pirate or thief

Same in Germany, so we just hopped the border to watch it in the cinema before Germany's release date and without crappy German dubbing. We did the same with Brad's tank movie and the latest Tarantino film.

Thaks Czechia, you are my greatest neighbor! :3

>man this imax should be amazing shit if Sup Forums cucks cares so much
>now in imax : Harry Potter and latest moneygrab #531537 featuring Gollum and 3D

woah indeed imax.

I wanted to see it really badly. Tell my friend about it and we both watch the trailer for the first time. Excitement gone, movie looks like shit. Shit lead actor, cheesy lines, everything looks like a hollywood set.

Tell me anons, was the trailer accurate?

It is pretty corny in the beginning, but most everything on the battlefield looks good.

This movie received some pretty positive reviews in Israel.