ITT: Endings you didn't get

ITT: Endings you didn't get

There's nothing to get. Even that character can't comprehend it. It's just life being life. There are no happy endings.

bad guy wins, shit happens, such is life

He was dead the whole time.

So Bob possesed him in the Black Lodge? Why?

>this hothead thinks that he can understand the purest form of kino

It's been awhile since I watched it but didn't Coop basically sacrifice himself for Laura's eternal freedom? Also BOB possessed someone before. He's just an evil spirit who does that kind of thing.

Really unsure if you're joking or actually full blown plebs.

>It's been awhile since I watched it but didn't Coop basically sacrifice himself for Laura's eternal freedom?
It's been a while for me as well but this would be a cool explanation. Also I know he possesed people in the past but it was only the weak or afraid and Inalways thought Coop was better than that

it's a recurring theme in Coen brothers films that life doesn't have to make sense. You're not supposed to get it because Tommy Lee Jones doesn't get it

Well explain this , faggot.

Because you must show no fear in the black lodge. Coop showed fear when confronted with Annie IIRC, that's when he started running.

what did they mean by this?

it's a fast broomstick

for you

>watch movie till the end
>it has a bad ending

DROPPED

kek

>go on Sup Forums
>talk about how much it sucked

Are you a female?

literally did this with this movie, coens are so hit and miss, I like fargo and big lebowski but hated everything else, not sure if I wanna watch what I haven't seen yet from them

Lars von Trier is a hack and I don't think you're supposed to understand

The ending for NCfOM was probably the best of the decade.

The writers/directors gave you everything you need to know, nothing is left ambiguous.

just a warning you might get knocked to the floor if you say this baiting shit in public

Harry tapped into the speedforce

It isn't that cryptic. Antichrist is a gender wars film and the ending is, more or less, man's arrogance winning.

>American Psycho

So the murders were all in his head? What the fuck happened?

That part I get. It's just that horde of woman showing up that didn't make sense

How is he wrong?

i'm not baiting anyone. Maybe it's because I read the book first.

Don't let the jarring dissonance between the ending and your expectations ruin for you what was one of the best closings to any movie

Yes, that was pretty clear

Mega pleb here

The point was that it didn't matter whether or not it happened, because nobody really cares. Self-interest will drive people to brush even brutal murder under the rug.

No. It's just no one gave a shit about him being a killer. The real estate lady didn't want him to devalue the apartment.

>tfw start to see baneposting everywhere
the bottom guy in No Country's poster

No one saw him dragging the body outside, and it was clear in the book that he was losing his mind by the ending. The killings obviously never happened. The only thing that maybe was real was the homeless man and his dog

>The killings obviously never happened
>movie ending deliberately keeps it vague
>everyone agrees that it was deliberately kept vague, literally the final and biggest statement of the movie is the vagueness of the ending
>the book heavily implies that at least some of the killings really did happen, specifically with the apartment

negro stop

>the book heavily implies that at least some of the killings really did happen, specifically with the apartment

Which ones?

So they captured him but why is he wearing police clothes?
And after that Judy is driving him to prison, no?
But why the police clothes there too?

Not any in particular, but why would the man in the apartment lie about the ad in the times, and why would the strong-scented flowers be there if there weren't any murders?

The book was in Bateman's POV. His guilty and scared mind twists what he sees. He's just halucinating those things

>Calm down doctor, now is not the time for fear... that comes later

What did he mean by this?

The only thing to 'get' is that Chigurh represents like an unseen force of fate. one of his key lines is 'that depends, do you see me?' Almost like Death himself, virtually every character who lays eyes on Anton doesn't survive the movie. He's an invisible unseen force that nobody seems to be able to evade or deter.

meanwhile, Tommy Lee Jones represents our attempts to understand fate and chance. That's why Tommy lee jones never actually sees Anton throughout the movie, but is constantly examining the direct evidence of Anton's actions: The motorist he killed with the cattlegun, the door lock and bottle of milk at Moss's house, the heat registers that had been unscrewed with a dime. Jones only has the consequences of Chigurgh, but can never fully piece together what Chigurgh was going to do next. Eventually he gives up trying to interpret fate and just decides maybe he'd rather retire and not know.

What did he mean by this?

OK Sup Forums fucking help me out:

Was Chigurh in the hotel room at the same time that Tommy Lee Jones was looking in there? If yes, did he pretend to not notice him to simply survive?

He was finished

Considering he went in I think the implication is that he's simply fearing the possibility of Chigurh being there, but the problem with this is that Chigurh's face is clearly shown when he has no idea what Chigurh looks like. I think it was a mistake showing his face.

hmmmm rly made me think, if that's it then yeah i guess it was a mistake

any other input appreciated

>he has no idea what Chigurh looks like.
he got that entfermashun from the trailer park attendant

It's symbolic. He's there but Tommy Lee jones has given up on 'seeing him'. He hides out of sight and Tommy lee jones doesn't bother to look that hard. He's decided he doesn't want to chase his fate any longer and would rather not know.

Movies that don't have clear-cut endings or at least endings that lead you to a conclusion through previous clues is fucking garbage

Uh guys... dubdubtrips confirm?

Seriously tho if that's true where the heck was Chigurh? Behind the main door?

While man wins the movie (by surviving), men are still the result of women climbing up through history and the survival is a sterilized "your procession is finished" success.

he baptised classic man

>where the heck was Chigurh
Not in the room.

He used to believe that there was a grand plan or order to the universe, be it God, or civilization, or whatever. He used to believe in good. This is represented by his dream, in which his father literally carries the torch for him. However, the events of the movie have shaken this belief. He now sees the world as chaotic and cruel, with no guide to how it will all turn out. Thus he "woke up" and realized that any notion of a good or orderly universe was just a dream. His old ideas seem horribly antiquated for this new, violent world, and he feels out of place. Truely it was No Country for Old Men™.

Behind the main door, hiding in the bathroom, next room over, it doesn't matter.

What matters is that Tommy Lee jones gives up catching him ironically when he is at his closest. But giving up his pursuit of fate is what saves his life. because he never 'sees' chigurgh he can be allowed to live. Because he gives up pursuing his fate, he can retire and relax. His father never gave up chasing fate and thus died young. Jones' dream of his father supports this.

I have no idea what you're talking about time to watch this movie

Its was based on a Cormac McCarthy novel you idiot

>Chigur is a force of nature

I don't think you got the movie at all. Chigur is just as conflicted as Tommy Lee Jones by the end of the movie. The film is about chaos, not necessarily fate. The point is that any attempt to rationalize how the world plays out is pointless.

dubstripsdubs of truth

if it took him that long to figure that out well bless his heart

The ending to Interstellar, with Cooper ignoring Murphy after finally reuniting with her. The scene could have been great but instead Cooper just steals a spacecraft and flies to an unknown destination to find his waifu, who as far as we know might also be super old.

In general the movie should have followed Murphy, her and her brother's arcs were so much more compelling than whatever Cooper was going through.

enjoy friend it's all yours

gr8 kino

So like do they fall back in love again or what?
I know the subject of the movie is loss but when we discover they meet each other again they sorta start falling for each other off the bat.
Almost as if, despite erasing memories of each other, they do in fact still love each other.

I think that's Coopers evil doppelgänger and the real Cooper is trapped inside the Black Lodge

I'm not trying to be a dick but I just don't see the appeal to this movie. Am I in the wrong Sup Forums?

Anyway, pretty sure you can't erase years of muscle memory of fucking and cuddling someone you like so I think they would fall in love again.

He offered to give up his soul to Windom Earle in exchange for Annie's freedom. Bob said that Earle wasn't allowed to do that so maybe Bob took his soul instead?

how's that faggot with the hair cut track down the cowboy? He essentially left no trace, he just took the case. Oh shit, he's going back to give the guy water, now I see i guess this comment is pointless.

I think they get back together, but they keep erasing eachother & making up over and over again. They're both so neurotic and fucked up, but they also need each other. The endings definitely open to interpretation though.

*LEANS BACK*
Well well well what do we have here? An user liveblogging NCFOM?

KEEP IT GOING

well, this gas station scene is hilarious. Is dustbowl eating seeds? he keeps putting things in his mouth

Anton wasn't unstoppable, redditors. The car crash and woman denying/questioning the coin are evidence of that. It just takes a new man to come stop him.

>76685933

you're just pretending :(

but not an old man :(

can we get a kickstarter going to pay some autist to go creep out gas station owners on hidden camera

I'm really watching it. they just found his truck at the shootout, and I guess the money has a radiation detector and now he's shot those two businessmen in the head for some reason

Does Angier actually has clones in Prestige? Containers was empty?

>DUDE NIHILISM LMAO

coens fans are so fucking stupid

i'm gonna believe you user

cowboy gonna have hard time comin'

I thought it was quite clear he had clones, am I missing something?

you guys are idiots

the point is that despite the pointlessness or the inevitability of their love eventually dying, the experience of the love in the present tense is worthwhile. And all the heartbreak afterwards can never overshadow the good times.

Don't get snippy

now he's got some milk but he's not drinking it

oh lawd

i'm sorry, i didn't mean to be rude

All the shit about clones is from Angier diaries, which could be written to mess up with Borden. Theory is - we've never actually seen Angier's trick. Tesla machine never worked. Hats could be there to trick Angier into buying it.

idk, seriously

anime n shit

oh shit now tommy is drinking the milk

What does it mean? The killer left him milk?

>I posted it in the right thread this time

But... didn't we see clone after drowned clone in the water tanks?

>The scene where he blows up the cop car with a pistol shot

WEW HOW VAGUE. MAYBE IT HAPPENED?

And yet you can't explain the apartment. THe most probable answer was some was real and some wasn't but debating this is flat-out retarded anyway since it misses the whole point.

user a cute

THIS IS CHIGURGH:
>MASK U SUMTHING, WHY'S IT STILL COMING? WHY'S IT STILL COMING?