The Thin Man
Tarzan
Sherlock Holmes
James Bond
Dirty Harry
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th

MCU

The Dreamer Trilogy (Time Bandits, Brazil, Baron Munchausen).

Vacation

None of these are better
Hipster shit nobody's heard of.

They're all better

>nuh uh
Contrarian "opinion" discarded.

Back to the future.

>nobody's heard of

How deprived and miserable was your childhood?

Except 3 was awful.

hahahahahahahahah....(deep breath)....hahahahahahahahaha

BttF3's drastic drop off in quality is still miles ahead of Harry Potter. The first movie, I'll grant you, was a decent effort at adapting. After that it just sort of went off the rails, but we're living in a time when most twenty somethings literally grew up with these movies at the theater, so they're considered holy.

Star Wars

Voldemort should have picked up baby Harry and thrown him out a window.

>BttF3's drastic drop off in quality is still miles ahead of Harry Potter.
Gotta say no, especially when you consider the first two movies.

Harry Potter maintains a pretty consistent good quality throughout. None of the movies ever dip too low the way Back to the Future or other trilogies did. For a movie series with 8 (now 9) movies in it, that's pretty incredible that they've all stayed decent and none of them ever hit Jar Jar levels.

The Colors trilogy

there are plenty, especially since only the first three HP movies are even worth watching

Fourth movie has that very unsubtle "I CAN TOUCH YOU NOW" moment, though.

If you think Harry Potter is the greatest films series, you're the contrarian

Either that or a 16 year old girl

A 16 year old girl would prefer Twilight.

Based Bellatrix didn't appear till film 4.

okay then, 12 year old girl

and yet she couldn't save Goblet of Fire from being the abomination that it was

god what a piece of shit

>e Goblet of Fire
best book 2nd best film.

If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there(Sup Forums). Or kill yourself.

It's the greatest because it maintains consistent quality throughout. While other film series have movies that are better than the Harry Potter movies, they all feature a misstep, a "prequel" that hurts the series as a whole. Harry Potter is consistently good throughout.

>Hipster shit nobody's heard of.
Terry Gilliam is garbage, but you'd have to be a fucking 12 yr old to not have heard of him.

No, user's right Gobleg of Fire is a piece of absolute shit. Only worse one is Deathly Hallows Part 1. Just 2 hours of dialogue

Well copypasta'd but reddit didn't invent "contrarian."

etymonline.com/index.php?term=contrarian

Thinking reddit invented the concept of being a contrarian is like thinking Harry Potter is the greatest film franchise ever

Sick burn bro

Thanks pham

>tfw spending Sunday marathoning the series, drinking brandy and hotchocholate

Who else /comfySundays/ here?

literally the worst series in existence, all bland movies with shit acting, shit pacing, shit direction, it's a fucking joke and only your millennial nostalgia goggles hide the fact that this series is shit

Why do 3 and 6 have the same potter?

Looks to be a bootleg

Planning on doing this around Christmas.

>comfy Sup Forumsros XD
You and all the other low IQ redditors from Tumblr and Sup Forums

Hah i gotta be mowing lawns like a motherfucker so i can get to rtx sydney

LOTR
Back to the future (even if 3 was not as good, HP has at least 3 awful movies and which ones are the awful ones depends on what kind of faggot you are so still BTTF > HP)
Indiana Jones (Idem BTTF but only one awful movie, which is 4th)
The godfather (crappy third one with 2 masterpieces top HP any day)

I mean, whoever thinks HP movies are actually good movies it's clearly a pleb, specially those that believe the main cast can act.

Do you really think it's hard to top one the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Based Stephen King actually said that in a mocking tone. He talks about how he wishes people would read great literature, but instead they read his books.

Mom I posted it again

>That year when no one got sweets because Harry was a greedy prick

It was all downhill from there

This franchise used to be so comfy, I dropped it the second they changed directors.

Best movie series: Harry Potter
Worst movie series: Star Wars

They're both trash

Ha your tastes are trash.

The sound design during the fight of Dumbledore and Voldemort was 10/10 and I haven't seen anything to surpass it yet

pretty much anything, Sup Forums
even speed

But Dumbledore definitely molested Harry, right? In the hospital wing scene in the first film

Twilight is kino

>The sound design during the fight of Dumbledore and Voldemort was 10/10
Oh god, this.

>that sloshing noise that accompanied the water prison

Top kek