Jeremy begging James to beat him to death with a shovel because he's being raped by terrorist LARPers in another room

>Jeremy begging James to beat him to death with a shovel because he's being raped by terrorist LARPers in another room
>Ten minutes taking the piss out of how poor and corrupt South Africa is
>This bizarre and unfunny celebrities dying far off in the distance running gag
Part of me is glad they've gone full "fuck it" mode, but I'm not even sure what this show is going for. Thoughts?

no.

It lacks a certain something.

It feels too stilted.

I wonder if it's just trying to overcompensate after leaving the Beeb and if they go back to taking some shitty clunkers on a roadtrip it'll be more natural. Let's hope.

Don't really give a shit about supercars or things going fast.

>2016
>rape jokes
ugh...what were they thinking? amazon should just end it now

clip of that?

Is it just me or does that one dude look like a JUSTed Hugh Jackman?

haven't seen the new episodes, only saw the introduction of the 1st ep, seems too grandiose. I blame the yanks

First episode was tolerable because at least they we playing around and reviewing cars.

Second was hot shit.

They need to stop trying to appeal to the underage demographic. The entire 'guns and explosions' segment might have been tolerable for a short bit, but it took up the entire fucking episode and felt even more staged than usual. It was boring. I don't understand why they're still pushing the celebrities always dying thing, do it or dump the segment. Bin that American driver while you're at it as well, he's not funny in the slightest just shut the fuck up and drive the car.

I feel like they've been given too much money to play around with and have gotten lazy coming up with ideas.

Just you cunt.

They have been paid to make 4k, spectacular film sequences.
You have to deal with the fact that this is not top gear.
Amazon should pay them to do direct-to-video dvds where they just test cars but maybe they have no spare time for extra projects.

I'd like to know if Celebrity Braincrash is ever going to be a real thing or just this running gag.
Neither option is appealing.

The American is shit. The banter is crap and repetitive. It detracts and distracts from the timed lap and they need to kill him off, comedy style, asap.

This just proves how good the BBC is

Except their lame attempt to clone top gear failed spectacularly more than anyone thought, even the people who knew it would be shit.

Also 90% of the people who made Willman Gear are making The Grand Tour.

Incorrect, kid.

i defiantly do enjoy a lot of the old aspects that are still around. Jeremy driving the M2 and vulcan like he would have on top gear is very enjoyable along with the conversation panel they used to replace the news. I think what we need is that road trip with challenges and then we will be back to the old roots of the show. I do fucking hate the american driver though. The jokes aren't funny and he seems really annoying

>they need to kill him off, comedy style, asap.
Hear, hear. Or at least gag him.

This show feels like they were given so much fucking money they didn't know what to do with it for the first few times, and also feels like 45 minutes of self-deprecating humor which is something I enjoy. Though personally I'm just waiting for the driving challenges DESU.

Go to bed, Joey. Nobody likes you. They like you better than Evans but then even cancer is better than that faggot.

There are no driving challenges.

They decided to go full scripted.

And I like it.

Great response, cats. For a moron. Kek

They're going completely the wrong way about all of this. The best things in Top Gear were the Challenges and the Specials. The moments where it's just three blokes mucking around with cars and doing funny stuff we'd all love to do. Driving to the North Pole, crossing a desert, racing around a supermarket in a Corsa. It's fun stuff.

Every episode should be a stupid Challenge, with some piece of shit car, while they end the season on a big, two-part episode roadtrip in another country. As it stands now, they're too scripted, too desperate, and too forced.

THE TENT WAS A MISTAKE
CARING ABOUT LAP TIMES WAS A MISTAKE

Is it just me or is there way more clapping? Seems every time they make a joke they have to stop for like 20 seconds while the audience claps and hoots and hollers.

This 100 times this, my friend would always talk about Top Gear and I assumed it was shit then he told me how they took a bunch of lauries and drove them through Burma and tricked the out. Fell in love with the show and only watch the specials. The regular car info episodes are utter shit.

Yeah any sort of challenge that involves long drives is where they are at their best. The natural banter comes through in those cases, since they can't just write a script for a whole road trip lasting hours/days. It's when they're doing some small scale challenge/track/studio material that you can see how they're pretty much reading things off of a script.

It's what ruined even the challenges in the last seasons of Top Gear. Instead of banter we got stupidly scripted segments with increasingly boring gimmicks (Hammond's car constantly rolling over, someone's car exploding etc.).

Oh you should try hunting down some of the Challenge episodes that did that hid amongst the regular episodes. The caravan challenge was incredible.

If they did just a collection of all the Challenges and Specials, I wouldn't even need to watch the new episodes.

jeff bezos is a trump supporter and apologist so expect nothing to be done. this is the new normal

Have they fixed the volume of episode 2 yet?

Don't worry user, it was a joke about a man getting raped, those are still allowed.

it's a bit too americanized now, and the scripting is also too obvious, wasn't exactly subtle before, but now it's painfully obvious

"the american" is also shit, get an anonymous racing driver back

i still have hope for it though, the core essence is still there, we just need a road trip through Thailand on bikes or something

The BBC has ip for all challenges.

This.

They agreed that they would not do any "challenge" episodes.

Currently I am enjoying the "average" episode of TGT.

An average episode of this is more enjoyable thanan average episode of Top Gear.

People need to realise not every episode of Top Gear was a fun special full of banter. It was a special for a reason

For now enjoy the show, its funny and more entertaining than normal episodes of Top Gear. You will get your specials, and car challenges soon am sure.

So, remove the "challenge" aspect and make it a road trip like Long Way Round. Problem solved.

Not allowed episodes like that either.

>A Clarkson monologue about how they stole The Stig's helmet and that putting it on makes you become him. The guy has it put on his head, and the rest writes itself...

>its funny
There was nothing at all funny in episode 2. Most of the jokes were written specifically for South Africans. Who thought that was a good idea?

This is what top gear fans consider banter.

Then you go as close to the line as you can, I'm sure Amazon wouldn't mind. I get the feeling they want controversy.

Found the Argie.

>Most of the jokes were written specifically for South African
More like at South Africans.

>copyright on challenges with a car
Are you shitting me?
Do it in China under a fake name and see if they can "sue" you.

The time loop SAS training was weird as fuck and a total mistake.
As it's a real training ground I thought it would be a real challenge and they'd shoot paintballs or something, and if one of them got hit they had to walk back to the beginnning. Prime opportunity for improvisation and banter. Instead it was a bizarre scripted comedy short where they seem to actually be stuck in a fictional time loop and shoot real live ammunition. Didn't know what was going on desu

>complain about being corporate whores
>become even bigger corporate whores for an even more jewish company

>Pic related probably cost around five thousand total, instant TV gold
>Instead they spend millions on an Edge of Tomorrow spoof
why

You seem like an incredibly smart person.

It's not as if Top Gear wasn't scripted before but it was done in a way which you could insert yourself into their situation and possibly finding yourself doing the same thing as them, that the shenanigans weren't completely out of the scope of reality. It feels with Grand Tour, at least the last episode, they completely removed that element.

>build challenges
>old car challenges
>offroad extended trips

All of these things have an element it's very hard to simulate - unpredictability.

You can plan the trips in detail as much as possible, because you have to budget everything, but how the cars and the stars react to the challenges is difficult or impossible to script in advance.

Two episodes in to The Grand Tour and it looks like these challenges might be less frequent than we'd like.

But there ARE challenges like these because we see them in the trailer. e.g May driving a boat made of bricks.

Second episode wasn't any good.
>irrelevant rare hypercar
>look, somebody made a car by himself
>we shoot guns
>JOKES, GET IT?
>Too many comments by testdriver
>same "celebrity dies" joke as in first episode

They don't have to make a spectacle out of everything and they don't need to focus on hypercars only. One of their best segments on Top Gear was when they did the shopping mall chase with new hatchbacks. Give these millionaire pricks some cheap cars and make them argue for them.

Everything just feels too scripted. At least they should try to make it convincing.