Are they even trying anymore?

Are they even trying anymore?

I'm just watching it for Antony Hopkins and Ed harris, but If they kill off that Meave character the show would be much better.

What's wrong with Maeve?

I think they are OP and I think people are liking it

I can't comprehend how stupid those two have to be. Especially Chinese guy.

If you have any to ask there is no point explaining it.

See thisAnd also the Actress that plays her is so annoyingly smug which makes her even unlikable.

>this deflecting
I get why her whole story might be irritating with the two idiotic techs. But she seems fine.

I have an issue with the amount of screentime she gets to be honest with you, it could be better spent on Hopkins or ed harris.

I mean shit, she had like 30 mins of airtime last episode if not even more

>Her story seems irritating
>She seems fine
I'm kinda okay with the idea of a Host going rogue and getting super intelligent, but the execution has to be good.

The show runners basically got lazy with what seems to one of the most important story lines.
>Why is that asian tech helping her? is he in love with her
>Why is that dumb tech helping her without wiping her memory off
>How has no one even noticed in a Billion dollar company where thousands work

Her story line could have been made much better with a better actress and good story telling.

Hopkins got a bit recently with his big reveal. Admittedly I did miss the man in black, though. But I find William's story with Dolores to be the most pointless aside from her occasional vision.

Maeve gets a lot of screentime because she's about to do some major shit, it makes sense.

I'm making a distinction between Maeve and the story she's involved in. It's like Bernard, he's not a bad character just because he's surrounded by people like Theresa and the British guy.

The only complaint about her is the acting and that's fair enough. Other than that it seems over-exaggerated.

>And also the Actress that plays her is so annoyingly smug

That's entirely the point

What's the bet this guy is an android too?

why hire any staff at all if you could just build them all?

why hasn't he spread his "dominion" across the earth with android armies?

what if we're seeing a drama that Ford created from scratch for his own enjoyment after he's murdered every human on earth already.

wtf i love westworld now

Was the guy she killed in this scene a robot as well?

>android armies
Because the army has better ones.The robots in the park are specifically made for human interaction/similitudes, not warfare.

Yes, Theresa said so just before.

Yes.

>technicians in control room can instantly tell when a Host is going off-story
>doesnt notice Maeve killing herself dozens of times for no story related reason

>Hosts have been known to not react to voice-commands, posing a health and security issue to employees
>Delos doesnt install any cameras at all to monitor and prevent this

It would restore my faith in the show if the lesser Hemsworth just shoots her in the head. It's not like she is Terminator,just kill her and don't fix her,the end.

>light reflected in window looks like halo above Bernard

Bravo Nolan

>no one sees the two technicians talking with a horse and using a tablet which they can't use

>they previously established that they have cameras everywhere when they catch the other guy fucking a host

Her plot hasn't ruined the show for me (yet), but it's definitely one of the weakest parts of it. At the very least they should have had the techs voice their motivation more.

Maeve's storyline is terrible and has no redeeming qualities. Higher ups had never, until the last episode, suspected her of doing anything weird while every single mistep of the other hosts gets picked up in seconds. And every time her story advances it gets worse, with chinaman and bald guy acting illogically making her more and more powerful in ways that don't make sense.

Last episode should have been great, with Maeve getting control powers and able to order other hosts around. But since her story was handled so poorly, the effect was exactly the opposite. Her character is basically being a smug bitch and unempathetic all the time. She is supposed to be an underdog that wins against all odds, but how can you like someone like that?

It's easy to see why she is hated. It's like a reverse underdog story: someone you are rooting to lose but know that will win no matter what.

Fuck Takeshi finally got old that sucks

How and when did Bernard killed Elsie? I mean one moment he was talking to Theresa, then he just killed her moments later. Also was there any reason to kill her or is it a big mystery for now?

>"I need an army to escape the park"
>season two filled with her rounding up Hosts to fight Ford

No one asked for this

>>How has no one even noticed in a Billion dollar company where thousands work
How has noone noticed in a building where every wall is made of clear glass? I can see what every background extra is doing but nobody notices Laurel and Hardy spending days on end doing an "autopsy" on this girl?

Considering someone is making alterations to Maeve's code/settings I'm guessing they must also be cleaning up all their activities on surveillance too.

Exactly, it's sloppy writing at it's worst

I really, strongly dislike this development that all the times a host has memories and goes off script it's now implied to be set up by someone else. All the themes of free will, the nature of reality, all that silly shit is meaningless if it's all someone's big plan to make robots act up

did you even watch the episode?

>Bernard starts talking with Theresa
>gets a call from Elsie telling him Theresa is the mole
>leaves the room continues conversation with her
>later Elsie gets choked the fuck out

Real hard to follow

If they make her be some kind of "robot revolution leader" it's going to be a disaster, unless her story suddenly turns good and her character changes.

>some VR game for boring rich fucks
>some robots get tortured and shut down
Oh wow so deep, there's like layers and stuff

they will make her a black , independent Host who doesn't need no technician and it's going to suck.

Well we don't know who that someone else is yet in Maeve's case and Dolores' offscripting seems to be the only one that is a real awakening judging from her conversations in the basement.

Heck maybe the outside influences aren't even phsyical beings but weird digital consciousnesses within the park's computer systems.

>not just removing those programs and then wiping her memory

Idiots

Is this shoe better than Game of Thornes ?

>weird digital consciousness within the park's computer systems
>that was made by Arnold

Why did they make Arnold a character, he's like the writer's scapegoat. The writer's don't even need to cover plot holes because they can always say "Oh, Arnold was the one screwing with Maeve's codes, and he also controls the security system, so it all makes sense"

Fuck no

I'd say yes but I personally hate GoT more than anyone I know so take that as you will

Thats a big halo

No, I hate it more than anyone.

Sup Forums will fight about anything.

>Bernard has a Halo because he's Arnold in his code trying to destroy the park because making people too human is bad
>Ford appears transparent due to the window's reflection because he's actually long dead but is a ghost, having uploaded his consciousness into a host body so nobody knows the difference

OH MY GOOOOOOOD

for you

>Theresa is standing between two blood spatters and a broken window

OH SHIIIIIII-

Kek

He doesn't write for the show but you got a chuckle out of me

The actors in the Maeve storyline are all fine, it's just that I'm having a really hard time suspending disbelief that no one is noticing all the red flags that the changes to Maeve's code has to be tripping.

Matter of fact, why would you even make a host have the ability to have intelligence that's literally supercomputer level?

No indication that she's super intelligent yet. Nothing she's done to date has been more than just above average human level.

>Why would you even make a host have the ability to have intelligence that's literally supercomputer level?
Are you forgetting Ford is the one making them?

its because the writers made a huge mistake by showing off their future theme park and how professional and sexy everybody working there is in the first few episodes to draw everyone in. by the time they realized they'd written themselves into a corner it was too late, now they're just hoping we'll ignore it because "BOOBIES AND FUCK, HAVE THE CUTE GIRL SAY FUCK A LOT"

when i see a girl that young working for a mega corp involved in the kinda R&D like westworld is, i lose all "suspension of disbelief" or whatever you faggots call it. unless they say she's actually 50 but in the future plastic surgery is really good, i don't buy it.

>when i see a girl that young working for a mega corp involved in the kinda R&D like westworld is, i lose all "suspension of disbelief"

That honestly wouldn't surprise me at all. Even in the modern day huge tech companies like Google and Facebook hire R&D coders right out of university.
Also, in the first episode Ford says humanity has cured all disease etc, so I imagine plastic surgery is pretty good.

Honestly having a Black Sheriff was more unbelievable for me, but at least that had the excuse of it being in a fake world.

oh i didn't mean the coder. she was fairly believable. i was talking about the chick from the board of directors or whatnot. the one who fires Bernard.

at least the black sheriff is the first to die every loop.

I assumed that Black chick must be some rich kid of some board memeber

>at least the black sheriff is the first to die every loop.

He's a deputy, not the sheriff.

snekfu is such a meanie :(

>super advanced android tech research and development labs
>board of directors sends one of their spoiled kids to... be a cunt there?

makes perfect sense.

You're like the guy who never watched GoT and critiqued it anyway, saying "It's Lord of the Rings with zombies!!1"

he's fucking right though.

> i was talking about the chick from the board of directors or whatnot. the one who fires Bernard.

You're right, that was ridiculous, unless she's rich enough to have some kind of age-stopping treatment or something. Pretty stupid anyway though.

As if Arnold hasn't already foreseen these problems.

Soon as one of them leaves the show i am droping it. I don't like sci-fi but if the actors are good i can watch their work.