Australian Election - Nominations are in

Nominations closed yesterday at noon and the candidates' names and the ballot paper order are being released today.

Antony Green is at the NSW Senate draw and live tweeting: twitter.com/AntonyGreenABC

Liberal Democrats got a good ballot position again.

Downloads will be available here soon: aec.gov.au/election/downloads.htm

You need to be a bit patient as this is HAPPENING right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.abc.net.au/antonygreen/2016/06/close-of-nominations-2016-federal-election.html#more
twitter.com/AntonyGreenABC
abc.net.au/news/2016-06-10/rob-oakeshott-to-contest-election/7499970
aec.gov.au/election/candidates.htm
aec.gov.au/Voting/How_to_Vote/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Antony Green has a post on his blog which he will update with all the details:

blogs.abc.net.au/antonygreen/2016/06/close-of-nominations-2016-federal-election.html#more

In NSW Senate:

Health Australia Party drew the first column. The Liberal Democrats have again been lucky in drawing the fourth column, but the Liberals and Nationals are two to the right in Column 6. Labor drew column 14 while the Greens are well over to the right on the ballot paper.

Tasmania down from 24 to 22 columns on Senate ballot, Column 1 Family First, 2 Labor, 3 Greens, 4 Xenophon, 6 Liberal, 13 Lambie

ACT Senate columns down from 12 to 11, Column 1 Lib Dems, 3 Labor, 6 Liberal, 8 Greens

SA Senate down from 34 to 24 columns. Column 2 Labor. 4 Greens, 6 Xenophon, 8 Liberal 14 Family First

Queensland has 38 groups plus 19 ungrouped independents. That's $38,000 deposits certain to be forfeited

QLD Senate columns 4 Labor, 7 LNP, 9 Katter, 24Hanson, 29 Lazarus, 37 Greens

I wonder how much ballot position really matters.

I know Lionhelm and LDP benefited from it big time at the last election.

So Queensland so far is then only state with a larger ballot paper. Up from 38 to presumably 40 columns with likely ungrouped split

Bump from America's Australia

Thanks mates.

Where are you getting all of this info from? Just ABC.net?

Antony Green's twitter mostly:

twitter.com/AntonyGreenABC

What are you hoping for Aus bro? I don't know anything about Aus politics. Is it all cancer like Canada?

>Is it all cancer like Canada?
Pretty much.

There are some smaller non-cancer parties that have a chance of being elected in the senate, and that is all I really care about.

Good luck man. How are your demographics?

Pic related is the Victorian Senate Order.

Derryn Hinch has drawn the coveted donkey vote #1 Spot.

>How are your demographics?
We have had too much immigration too fast and there are too many Chinks and poo-in-loos here now.

But it is the progressive cancer that has taken root among whites which kills us.

Rob Oakeshott has nominated for Cowper it seems.

I don't like his chances. Backing Gillard killed him I think.

abc.net.au/news/2016-06-10/rob-oakeshott-to-contest-election/7499970

Just like Canada :S

>Just like Canada
Yes our countries are very similar in many ways.

Pic related is the Tasmanian Senate ballot order.

They really need to do something about these meme parties with literally no votes getting on the Senate ballots

m8 I reckon this will be the last time it happens.

The new senate voting rules mean the old preference scam can't be run any more.

The parties are giving it one last shot since it is a double dissolution which makes it easier to get elected.

But their enthusiasm to contest future elections and keep themselves current and registered must be pretty low given that it will be pretty much impossible for them to get elected in the future.

If they are smart a lot of the smaller parties will merge with similar parties to give themselves a better shot in the future.

are shooters, fishers and farmers the most based party?

They are pretty good.

Some people are pissed at them though because they are strong on guns for hunting, but not for self-defense.

ah a shame, good luck on your elections australia

what does any of this mean?

So who are the major parties in abbo-land? Any up and comers?

Apparently I'm a liberal democrat, are they based?

MAKE AUSTRALIA GREAT AGAIN

>Are they based
Yeah. They want to bring back guns. Expand on BASED TONY's immigration policies and tell everyone to fuck off. They also want to limit the scope of government so it's more like America and less like UK Nanny State.

Pretty broad question m8.

Yesterday was the deadline for people and parties to nominate for the election.

Today the nominees names are being publicly released and the AEC has conducted draws for the ballot positions in each seat.

This is of interest to political watchers.

The Liberal Democrats are your Tea Party/Libertarians

I just saw that Sex Party and HEMP are running a joint ticket. Pretty smart move, it should increase the sex part candidate's chances. HEMP is a pretty good meme and they always score a percent or so of votes.

>Tea Party
They are not religious nut wankers m8.

it's just voting for senate seats? will this matter for the up coming election?

Anyone see the announcement where Labor BEAT THE FUCK OUT of Natropaths?

No more taxpayer money going to 'natural therapy' bullshit! VOTE 1 ALP.

>[The Tea Party movement] has been described as a mixture of libertarian,[4] populist,[5] and conservative activists.

they're not all bible bashers, I don't think

Tea party isn't really religious either though. It's honestly just whites clinging to their identity because they aren't brave enough to say they want a white country yet. You'll experience it if you let the boat people in.

They are deciding the ballot order for all the candidates in every seat, house of reps and senate.

Being at the top is considered an advantage and will matter in close seats.

They went through several phases, got astroturfed by the Koch brothers and now don't really exist any more anyway.

So in SA

>SA Senate down from 34 to 24 columns. Column 2 Labor. 4 Greens, 6 Xenophon, 8 Liberal 14 Family First

This means that Family First is most favored to get these seats in the senate/house of reps?

I'm voting Labor for the House. My local representative is a community god send, good Catholic woman and wonderful for the community. Couldn't stand another Libcuck government.

The real question is - who is a Sup Forums approved Senate party to keep Labor in line? Thinking maybe Xenophon's lot, not sure if they're running for Vic senate though. Thoughts?

can anyone post the full NSW senate ballot?

Also what do the numbers represent?

>SA Senate down from 34 to 24 columns. Column 2 Labor. 4 Greens, 6 Xenophon, 8 Liberal 14 Family First

14 Means what exactly?

That is the order in which the party names will appear on the senate ballot paper. Left to right.

So Labor and Greens will be on the left hand side, and Family First on the other side.

This will mean a slight advantage to Labor and the Greens since being on the left hand side is generally considered an advantage since people look there first.

But it is only a small one. People will vote for who they want to vote for.

>14 Means what exactly?
It is the column they will be in on the ballot paper. It goes form left to right, 1 - 24.

Family First will be in column 14, which is in the middle-right part of the ballot paper.

>the full NSW senate ballot?
I haven't seen it yet, but AEC is continually updating their list here:

Good joke.

>not sure if they're running for Vic senate though
Full list in the pic at Personally I like Xenophon but not everyone agrees.

How is it a joke?

Xenophon's mere existence seems to have seriously worried the major parties, which can only be a good thing. We just need someone to keep them in line, because let's face it, Labor and Liberal are practically identical and the Greens would burn the whole country to the ground to become king of the ashes.

>Xenophon's mere existence seems to have seriously worried the major parties
This is what I like about him. People quibble about his ideology or whatever, but the factor that is most important is that he is dangerous to the system in a way no other minor party is.

>there's literally a fucking advertisement in the ballot

I feel like I'm playing CSGO

His policies are pretty rational and agreeable as far as I'm concerned.
He's a serious player in the SA scene and he's been pretty good in keeping everyone in line. Seems like a top bloke.

Torn between him and the LibDems.

NSW senate candidates are up now:

Somebody teach me how to vote. How do I list all the cuck parties last?

>teach me how to vote
See here m8:

aec.gov.au/Voting/How_to_Vote/

NXT should get 2-3 seats in SA, vote LDP as well to give them a chance.
yeah cheers m8, why would the greens (and the 2 major parties for that matter) bother to run 12 candidates for the full 12 seats available, isn't that just a waste of time.

>why would the greens (and the 2 major parties for that matter) bother to run 12 candidates
I don't know why they do it. It is annoying though since it clutters the ballot paper up. Maybe they think that each individual will attract a personal following which will get more votes for the ticket overall.

>NXT should get 2-3 seats in SA
m8 I reckon he is looking at a minimum of 3. Maybe 4.

VOTE 1 for Meow Meow!

Fuck yeah. SCIENCE!

Is Antony Green gay? He gives off a very poofy vibe 2bh.

>Is Antony Green gay?
Yes, I know someone who saw him in a gay club.

>He gives off a very poofy vibe
I agree, but I thought it might just be because he was born in England.

>t is annoying though since it clutters the ballot paper up.
It doesn't really since they're all just put in a column. The paper would still be the same size if they nominated 4 people.
>Maybe they think that each individual will attract a personal following which will get more votes for the ticket overall.
That is part of the reason. The other part is that having a long lsit of names gives greter weight to the credibility of your party.

>Oh i was gunna vote HEMP but they only had two candidates so I jsut voted Greens instead, don't wanna waste my vote.

Are labor likely to win Grayndler with the new boundaries?

Or is Albo getting replaced by some greens smug dickhead?

>having a long list of names gives greater weight to the credibility of your party
That is an interesting theory. Obviously not every party believes in it since many of them could nominate more candidates if they wanted to.

The new boundaries aren't that much of a factor. I reckon Albo will win.

Greens will win Grayndler once Albo retires.

Albo will win easily, his personal vote will ensure he gets 50% in his own right. When Albo retires one day, that's when the Greens will strike.

>tfw KAP isn't running a candidate in your electorate this year

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You never know, the Greens could win it this year. Grayndler is a very left wing seat, and a lot of progressives are disappointed with Albo over his support for boat turn backs, among other things.

>the Greens could win it this year
They could. Albo is still too popular though I think.

It will be interesting to see whether Liberal Party gives Greens their preferences or not.

> Obviously not every party believes in it since many of them could nominate more candidates if they wanted to.
They really couldn't. A lot of these microparties really are just the bare minimum 500 people to be a registered party and of those 500, many are senile old people who got tricked into signing up just for registration purposes. Also, many microparties REALLY ARE jsut front parties for a bigger minor party. Science Party and Cyclist Party are the same for example. LDP used to be the masters at this. Smokers Rights, Stop The Greens, Sports Party, even the Motoring Enthusiasts were all part of the LDP conspiracy except lol Ricky Muir went rogue. Just looking atht he NSW ticket now I suspect Drug Law Reform and CountryMinded could be LDP front parties, but with the senate voting changes tehre is a lot less incentive to do this.
Then, to stand, you have to convince people to part with the $300 or so it costs to be included on the ballot. Everyone knows that is money down the drain and the party usually only has enough of it's own finances to pay for one or two.

>It will be interesting to see whether Liberal Party gives Greens their preferences or not.

I think they are preferencing the Greens in Victoria, so the Greens will probably win Wills and Batman off the back of Coalition preferences. Not sure about NSW though.

Wow. He actually sounds super based.

>no good candidates in my electorate

Just fuck my democracy up pham

So correction from this, based on this It costs $1000 to run as a candidate.

>based
He sounds like one of those "rationalist" wankers.

Anyone who likes Family First should see pic related. They are completely cucked on the immigration question. Typical Christians.

I want to vote for 420 get the money

>tfw SA
the ballot isn't very good this year tbhwyf

>SA
It is pretty exciting in SA this year with Xenophon Team looking to fuck shit up everywhere m8.

True, but I'm not exactly a fan of his party.

>All those independents wasting a grand to get 0.001% of the primary vote.

wtf

I do not think he is perfect m8 but it is Labor and Liberal who he is fucking up so I am loving it.

Pauline is a good Australian that has had her name dragged through the mud by the two main parties.

I am liking her chances this year. She has been getting lots of publicity.

I think she will do it.

Yeah, idiots.

Well if you'd rather support a bunch of emotional feelers be my guest. The Arts Party is on the ticket too.

She is redpilled like you wouldn't believe

I like that shirt.

m8 what kind of person changes their name to something as stupid as Meow-meow whatever the fuck?

column 24 RIP

one nation are literally the only party I have seen that speaks up about plane immigration and reducing immigration overall. Not just 'MUH BOATS'.

Fair enough m8, I don't like either major party either. But in saying that, I hope that Based Cory Bernardi is re-elected.

Sustainable australia also speaks up about reducing overall immigration

>I hope that Based Cory Bernardi is re-elected
He is number 2 on the liberal ticket so he will definitely get in m8.

Do they call out white genocide though?

A friend of mine works at the Courier Mail. This was her Hanson encounter.

tl;dr Hanson rants for 5 minutes about the media without being prompted.

Good to hear m8. Would like to see my boy Bob Day re-elected too.