Anyone else have tinnitus here?

Anyone else have tinnitus here?

yes

It’s like a badge of honor.

This. If the ringing is too loud, the music isn't loud enough.

have fun with your hearing loss
it's gonna be especially fun when you lose the mid-range frequencies and you literally can't understand most human speech

>human speech
Implying

the shows were worth it

implying that most human speech (or singing) falls into mid-range of the frequency spectrum
you can easily lose your hearing in that range, meaning you will have great difficultly with understanding words, spoken or sung

what?

Well I was ignorant as a teen and didn’t wear ear plugs.

yep. i didn't even go to shows i was just a lonely teen and i stopped caring about safe listening habits. fucked my life up pretty good for a few months.

It would be nice if concert events warned people that concerts r 110 decibels and blocking 10 of those is recommend for a 2 hour show just saying. We sure are warned click it or ticket though.

Seriously this, tinnitus is too little talked about and most people start spreading awareness about it once they acquire it. And then it's too late. What a shitty life we all will have because of it.

Well it qualifies for dangerous sound levels so I’m not sure why concert events are legally allowed to not mention that.

I don't have it, but i'm an audio engineer so I try to spread awareness about it as often as I can on this board

this me

>human
I probably hear 4 sentences from an actual human on any given week.

what about singing? how often do you listen to music that has lyrics? either way, losing those frequencies is REALLY bad, at that point you'll barely be able to hear most instruments

i get very infrequenting high pitched ringing in either ear, it ranges from twice a day to weeks without happening
how do i stop myself from dying

Is there something about volume controls that I don't know?

If you are listening to anything with earbuds and headphones, stop it or reduce it to a minimum. No matter how quiet it is, you will fuck up something in the end (talking from experience)

So how do you think hearing aides work?

You sleep with sound and fans that have timers.

Hearing aids can't magically repair the damaged hair cells, plus they're expensive, so there will always be a loss. It's best to prevent the problem before it happens instead of relying on a backup.

It ruined my life for a good two years. I tell everyone and anyone that frequents concerts to always protect their ears. They never listen, though. They keep saying they get a ringing in their ears but it goes away after awhile. I tell them that constant exposure to loud sounds will lead to severe tinnitus as they age.

They still don't listen. One concert was enough to fuck me up and raise my tinnitus by just a little bit. The unfortunate truth is that just a little increase to have a great impact on your quality of life as soon as you begin to take notice to your ever increasing tinnitus.

I've only been to 10 concerts max, in the space of 1 year. Am I fucked? I've also had tinnitus for as long as I can remember but I can hardly hear it and it only comes sometimes. I'm trying to find good, conspicuous ear plugs but they're all either shit or goofy looking

Any recommendations for decent protective earbuds?

I use Etymotic ETY-Plugs High Fidelity Earplugs. They block around 12 dB and r better than foam because they keep a better range of frequencies. Just make sure you lick them before you put them in like a wet Willy so they fit in snug.

Thanks. Do they muffle the sound a lot?

It’s not going to sound amazing like when you’re unprotected but it’s still fine. It’s like a good quality condom.

he's not in a basement though

never really been to any concerts before and never have my volume up super loud but i hear a slight ringing if everything is quiet and there is no sound in my house. This is normal r-right b-bros

no it's not, if that's true you should see a otolaryngologist

It could possibly be a ear wax build up if it isnt damage from sound

i'm not sure, have you ever been hit on your ear with a ball or something?

no but i use a ton of q tips which are well known for cucking your ears and causing blockages. looked it up and found this

yeah, stop using q tips in your ears, that could be the problem

realistically, you shouldn't be putting anything in your ears that's smaller than your pinky finger

I have tinnitus ever since I was born. Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't imagine how creepy complete silence would be.

I found that that type of ringing appears if I use in-ear headphones, so maybe try going without them for a while and see what happens.

never had tinnitus before, but I can tell you that complete silence can be pretty creepy