TAKE ME BACK!!

TAKE ME BACK!!

Why are people so nostalgic for this shitty inefficient business that was fairly expensive.

I can literally download any major film within 30 minutes in fantastic quality from the comfort of my own home.

God bless free market innovation.

5 for 5 bitchez

Comfy

>Blockbuster ID
kek

this is not a joke or something interesting, who the hell is making these images, braindead people¿

>not Hollywood Video

smdh

there was a social aspect to renting movies back then. sure, modern streaming and mail-in services are far more efficient in acquiring the relevant media, but for some that is only part of it. similar to going to the drive-in on a weekend.

also, streaming and downloading tech is not as widely distributed to poorer families who could afford a pawned tv and vhs/dvd way before purchasing a computer.

>not box office video before being bought by movie gallery

>renting movies was once a family excursion
>now everybody just streams shit on their individual devices
kinda sad

it's the same shit

mom&pop video stroes were the best

>going to Blockbuster on a Friday

Enjoy your shit selection.

>it's the same shit

Hollywood had better pricing than Blockbuster.

However, the best place to rent, believe it or not for me, was Food4Less. They used to rent VHS for like, $2 for a week -- or some insane price like that.

not everyone's a shut-in who binges crap shows and movies. i guess some/most of you torrenters are too young to recall how blockbuster nights were like lesser scale event nights. the abundance of streaming and downloading options has just nearly killed "movie nights."

>social aspect

Oh look, its that guy that hung around and talked at the clerks for hours on end, completely oblivious to their pained expressions and one word replies.

Hastings was always great and they had a better selection of games as well

>major film

>social aspect
>hung around and talked at the clerks
not with the clerks, you dunce. with friends and girls who would hang out there. my local blockbuster was in the main avenue near a liquor store that sold to minors. it was a fun thing to do to pick up some girls under the pretense of blockbuster nights and booze them up. when that didn't work, we'd go to that one club we could get into because a cousin worked the door.

>Friday after school
>go home with friend cause you're going to have a sleepover
>get to his house and his mom loads you into the car to go to Blockbuster
>the excitement of picking out what game you're going to rent together
>get back to his house and order pizza
>stay up all night playin vidya with your best bud

take me BAAAAAACK