Nine Inch Nails on Song Exploder

Trent and Atticus dissect and discuss the AV track "The Lovers"

links here because the spamfilter is an ass: pastebin.com/raw/y2Nfm6RF

Other urls found in this thread:

wetransfer.com/downloads/901608972cba5f79c2cd996f076e024a20171205131147/530c7f
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wetransfer.com/downloads/901608972cba5f79c2cd996f076e024a20171205131147/530c7f

Anyway, I found the actual meaning behind the song pretty fucking fucked up, why would Trent do this to himself? He himself said that digging this up didn't help him at all.

I'm guessing that fucked up New Orleans period has been on his mind a lot because of The Fragile renaissance (DE and Deviations) and this was one way to face those thoughts. Doubt he was aware of the way it will affect him.

When he said he started to dream about it now it reminded me of Running. Sleep is probably the last place you could hide away from some issue and now... poor tront.

Trent going back to his old himself was a problem ever since Hesitation Marks, listen to Came Back Haunted, he is being "haunted" and that feeling only grew.

The lyrics to Branches/Bones gain a new meaning now; "Feels like I've been here before, Yeah, I think I recongize, yeah, I have been here before, yeah, I don't care anymore, don't give a fuck anymore, I don't care"

>Feels like I've been here before, Yeah, I think I recongize, yeah, I have been here before, yeah, I don't care anymore, don't give a fuck anymore, I don't care
wow nice pottery tront
Depeche Mode would be proud

Yeah, I always thought Branches was about a hard relapse. A fictional one, of course (not an actual event, harr harr). I guess The Loves was following this theme.

brion pls.

Hesitation Marks has also some "relapse" songs, like "All Time Low".

It is really creepy that Trent has these thoughts. I guess it was silly of us to assume that Trent would be 100% happy, he is happy but it is clear that he has demons still, we all kinda knew that but it's still unsettling to see it nevertheless.

I assumed that the EP trilogy wasn't that personal to Trent and was more like Year Zero or something, guess I was wrong.

As for The Fragile reissue and Deviations, I know that on NIN.com he said that The Fragile was "therapy" for him recently

>Reznor explains, “The Fragile occupies a very interesting and intimate place in my heart. I was going through a turbulent time in my life when making it and revisiting it has become a form of therapy for me.

I hope it worked out for him. I don't think it did in the long run. Not after this podcast.

I was really happy hearing all the stuff he said about Atticus having a prominent role, though. Seems like he's a great influence on El Rezzo's confidence and approach to writing.

the way NIN production works is extremely weird and it's awesome to hear how they create all these different sounds, Trent is a genius

This is exactly what I thought, I wish Trent did this for more of his songs, not all of them of course, but goddamn that was impressive.

Have you heard the HM-era In Conversation With... thingy?

Yeah, I did, but that wasn't as in-depth as this conversation was, for example he didn't speak of the song's meanings, he did briefly touch that it was him re-living the person he was in TDS, but not so necesirally in what way.

But I feel like that he has never being so honest and open about his music until now.

>TFW Tront is still depressed mess
What chance do we even have lads

He is a happy sometimes depressed mess though, better than just being depressed.

Don't worry.

He'll push through. For David.

The Only Way Is Only Through.

God fucking dammnit, if Trent will be another musicians who will out of nowhere suddenly kill themselves after long fight with depression I don't know what I will do.

Seems like ever since David passed Trent's output became much darker.

>carry me
>carry me
>home

>The Background World epicly builds, layers upon layers
>Music suddenly stops for a moment
>Trent's voice comes in, lonely for a brief moment
>...Are you sure?
>Instant back to the layers
This part, every fucking time.

I wish we could get multi tracks
Interview made me spooked for Tront's sanity though

an hero when

H E R O

never, these events are fictional.

YOU TELL YOURSELF

fuck me

EP3 better end up on some Maybe Just Once-tier note

Looking through these EP's lyrics, they are some of the darkest shit to date, Trent himself feels like that he couldn't even write some of this dark stuff while he was on drugs, apparently said that being sober allowed him to open up to even darker stuff.

I think that EP3 can only get more depressing from here.

bum

fuck. this has me so hyped for ep 3.

Tell me about it, I can't wait for it to come out and for the entire picture to become clear.

And holy shit Not The Actual Events is gonna be one year old soon, what the fuck is happening to time?