Albums with the best production

haha very epic post user :)

Imagine if Albini produced this.

What is good production? How do you tell?

producers and engineers are different

Imagine if Albini engineered this.

Imagine if an engineer Albini'd this.

Engineer if this imagined Albini.

I too like albums that sound like they were produced by a 12yr old with a boner for gain in audacity

if you double track the vocals, soak everything in reverb and delay, pitch shifting, and use various effects pedals

lol

These albums both defined rock production desu. Every punk/metal album that came before NMTB lacks punch. Same for every straighter rock album that came before Nevermind.

It's kind of depends on your taste. But basically if the album is well mixed and mastered and just generally smooth and easy to listen to it's good production.

This is the result

What the fuck this sounds like Jesus Lizard, Zeni Geva, and The Breeders.

Can anyone top Eddy?

not entirely. i think kurt told steve to fuck off after a few songs

Pretty much anything with Eno involved is automatically great, but this especially. I feel like Eno peaked here.

Man, that's even close to true

No way. Kurt idolised Steve because he engineered several of his favourite records.

idk i thoughtthey brought the guy from R.E.M. to donit after they didn't like steves mix and mastering

It was Geffen who decided to bring in that guy after hearing Steve's mix.

Didn't Nirvana themselves said they were dissatisfied or whatever with the production of Nevermind?

It basically means it's very well crafted with a lot of attention to detail. Depending on the music in question that can manifest in different ways.

yeah, Kurt said the production was too much like Motley Crue record

How did Fridmann do it? That guitar tone is godly

ARE YOU READY EDDY?

this is so fucking well mixed

a challenger appears

roundabout is my benchmark for any audio equipment

can't believe this hasn't been posted

As far as Metal goes I don't think there's any album that comes close to this one, production-wise.
I don't even really like Death Metal but everytime it blows my mind just because of how perfect it sounds

this album still holds the "Best Production" title all these years later

Ultimately it just means the album sounds good.
You can't define what good production is because it varies a lot, the main thing is that it has to fit the songwriting, the mood, etc.

obvious troll is obvious
this album sounds like it was recorded raw in a garage

Not really, he thought the production of Nevermind fit the songwriting really well, and it's what they were going for at the time.
But they realized the album they made isn't the kind of Rock they actually enjoyed listening to, that's why they were way more satisfied with the sound of In Utero, because it sounded like the kind of music they'd listen to

When you can hear all the instruments clearly.

How has nobody mentioned Dark Side Of The Moon or The Wall yet? PF has great production

agree, plus the guitar tone on this one is fantastic, fuzzy yet clean, pounding drums, yet not too loud, very nice bass layering with it's delicious thickness, firm, cripsy creamy synths and glossy vocals

very nice

True

no contest here