Anybody else into this shitty genre?
It's trash but i love it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sKm5es7fvBE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm a Luna Sea pleb

Love a bit of Luna sea, favourite song?
Right now mine's probably Jesus

been only into gazette lately, and totally hooked. haven't tried any other bands because laziness. any recommendations?

Dir en Grey would probably be a good start, one of the most iconic visual kei bands.
There's a band called Vexent who are basically a gazette copycat band but people seem to like them so might be worth a go
Some of my favourites atm are Arlequin, Kiryu (they combine rock/metal with traditional japanese music and it actually works really well), Codomo dragon, Nocturnal Bloodlust if you're into the heavier stuff, Grieva (band in original pic), Dadaroma, Dimlim, Diaura

i thought visual kei ended after 2009

A lot of people seem to say that, personally i think there's some really great bands around at the moment
Also, there are people who say it died even earlier than 2009, it didn't, it's just that there favourite bands broke up

I just listen to X Japan lives when drunk.

i saw despairsray live once
guy's got a hell of a voice

youtube.com/watch?v=sKm5es7fvBE
eternal jam

versailles
dir en grey
rentrer en soi
due le quartz

Not really a fan of engrish in visual kei, and for some reason satsuki's engrish is almost unlistenable for me

Visual Gay?

lol yeah, it's actually kind of hilarious. i can tolerate it, though.

Jisatsu ganbou is everything i love about crappy late 90s/early 2000s visual kei

a classmate who looks like Alexis Love is a huge fan of this.

Pretty much
Though there are very few (openly) gay people in visual kei
Plus the band in the pic are very heavy on the makeup and hair stuff, some bands look a lot more normal

I thought homos are still pretty much shunned in Jappoland

is vk still the genre of choice for fujoshis?
not sure, but crossdressing is a lot more accepted there

Self-hating faggot

Never heard of. Redpill me on what it is/why I should like it

Definitely, but i think they've become a bit less creepy

japan's response to glam
lots of crazy shit
too bad the ratio of good to shit vk is like 1:100

It's a japanese music "genre" that basically includes bands that use varying degrees of makeup/crazy hair/crazy clothes
As for the style of music it varies massively between bands, anywhere from pop-rock to death metal and everything in between
You probably shouldn't like it because it's kind of degenerate, but i like it because i like the visual aspect and also it never gets boring because of the huge diversity in sound

Also there's a lot of experimental bands who do different shit to what everyone in western rock is doing