/dixie/ - Southern US & friends

Burlington College investigation edition

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84946/?tab=1&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/ajax/moddescription/?id=84946&preview=&pUp=1
amazon.com/Emperor-Japan-Meiji-World-1852-1912/dp/0231123418/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498934997&sr=8-1&keywords=emperor meiji
youtube.com/watch?v=MBKu9OJ8Ltk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedevacantism
youtu.be/DUmq1cpcglQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RKshbAYacnA
youtube.com/watch?v=1vA4qnncsuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My toaster is too shit to play the new Deus Ex :(
The game freezes for a second or so whenever i crouch or interact with smth

That sucks

cock

Go and stage a coup and loot a new one from the nearby computer shop.

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84946/?tab=1&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/ajax/moddescription/?id=84946&preview=&pUp=1
>this is actually out
wew they usually never finish these things

i will trade my sister with you for 2 cows and a laptop

Bought an overpriced thing from this tarot lady in hopes of finding a girlfriend I'm dumb.

I bought some rad tarot cards that are all hand-drawn to look like the "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" books.

just be urself

did it work?

Hasn't come in yet. Supposed to tell me who my soulmate is and how to meet them, vaguely.

Let's talk about Meiji-taitei, y'all.

Why

'Cause I'm a weeb when it comes to the Tenno.

o

amazon.com/Emperor-Japan-Meiji-World-1852-1912/dp/0231123418/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498934997&sr=8-1&keywords=emperor meiji

This book.

Reminder that Drumpf is friendlier to gay marriage than Obongo and Hillary were before it became fashionable to be pro gay

youtube.com/watch?v=MBKu9OJ8Ltk

that pic, but unironic

Guess what i bought myself

the 'pression

Apparently the Church has decided that Charlie Gard deserves to die

Duxie

cute :3

nou

one cow for two cows
not a good deal

good post

as a catholic, what is your opinion of the church?

what did you buy?

>as a catholic, what is your opinion of the church?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedevacantism
If I'm feeling edgy that day

I think that the leadership has lost its way

ok

i don't really have anything interesting to say in response

What are rural black people like? In the West they are almost all in cities. Maybe this is completely inaccurate, but I imagine the South having more black people = black towns. Are they like rednecks? Or are they just like our black friends in cities?

Very poor. They tend to mind their own business

*insert rant about the church not caring about abortion anymore here*
Pretty much

evening /dixie/

Evening bud. Making some beans and rice

>beans and rice

nice

the most cheap and filling of all southern dishes

Howdy Arkansah, how were y'all's day?

I made way too many beans lmao

Well, goo'ness gracious, y'all're a-goin' ta be gassy tonaheet

long and hot

sold two $300 ginkgo trees

>too many beans

its all about the ratio of beans to rice senpai, don't go too heavy on beans just because you made too much

Remember to eat prunes y'all

Post your sister

Well that answers that

I know, I'll make more rice when I need it

What the heck is ay ginkgo tree? Y'all ginkgo back to China fer all I reckon.

I think I have this accent down

theyre actually really pretty, theyve got really unique leaves as well

meant for derp

Neat. How long does it take to grow a ginkgo tree?

How about that rain last night lmao

Had lightning strike right next to me

a while, theyre pretty slow growing, so they're pricier

theyre actually the last species of an extinct type of tree from way back in the dinosaur days, these things have been around for millions of years

there are male and female gingko trees, they have a mating season and apparently the females get seed pods on them at this time that are universally considered one of the most vile scents on the face of the planet

damn, thats scary shit

i slept through it kek

Is this a hobby or work-related? I always thought you were a welder for some reason.

Ice cream.
I also bought my cousins some cause i am a RESPONSIBLE ADULT.
5 minutes later my brother came with a huge watermelon and won them over.
No one ate my treats
God damnit
This is why i never do nice things

>watermelon
nigger

Watermelon tastes like ass i dont like it but everyones forces me to eat it when visiting.

>welder

kek

nah, that's way better money than i make

i work at a plant nursury, so im out in the hot southern sun all day selling trees and potting things up

watermelon is pleb tier

>disliking watermelon

Did they ever fix Space Engineers so it wasn't shit

literally nigger feed

>watermelon is pleb tier
Jesus christ y'all are the first people who agree with me literally everyone else looks at me like a madmen
Im moving to dixie

I cant even get the game running
Freezes when joining game/generating world

what's the fanciest tree you got?

dixie serbia union when?

Gonna move to Montana and plant some cherry and apricot trees

I thought you hated Americans

not the south

Bill Clinton was from the South

Beat it balkshit i was here first

youtu.be/DUmq1cpcglQ

yeah but he is a right bastard

ok pasha as you say

ive never liked it

its the smell, i don't know what it is about it but its so sickly fucking sweet

weeping bloodgood japanese maples

they're like $400 apiece and theyre slow growing as fuck, theyre small little deep red trees that grow wide instead of tall, beautiful foliage

my biggest sale this year was like $4300 and they bought like three of those fuckers on top of a bunch of other really nice plants and landscaping materials

your gun ownership makes you more than a worthy candidate, as well as your historic hatred of islam

>Bill Clinton
>he is a right bastard

you are welcome in /dixie/

>weeping bloodgood japanese maples
Are those the ones that look like crepe myrtles?

>you are welcome in /dixie/

rated thanks. what do you thing of media representation of southerners?

>paşa

>what do you thing of media representation of southerners?
It's either us being poor or us being backwards, knuckle-dragging conservatards. It's not nice

nah, they're pretty unique
pic related

inaccurate as fuck, we're either violent gun toting thugs or incompetent backwards hicks according to the media

they don't understand the fine balance between the two which makes us a traditionalist and martial agrarian culture

Appareantly toilets are an important thing there.
Its just a room you shit in lads chill

>we're either violent gun toting thugs or incompetent backwards hicks according to the media

when we (flag) appear in your media it is mostly this and it is mostly correct :DDD

as far as international crime goes

Every southerner is a banjo-playing hillbilly according to media

I read that as weeping bloodgod, but it still sounds very exotic.

youtube.com/watch?v=RKshbAYacnA

>I read that as weeping bloodgod
Pretty sure Khorne causes the weeping

>he's never been in a large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, standing shower, and seperate tiny room with the toilet for the actual shitting

why the the eastern hemisphere so backwards

that only means you've kept in touch with your heritage and you want to keep the means of defending it

like the south, serbia is a nation of patriots senpai

the japanese are fucking fanatics for those tiny little maples, there's dozens and dozens of varieties and then hundreds of little subtypes they're bred

example (though it's Refn)
youtube.com/watch?v=1vA4qnncsuI

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

You shit in the jacuzzi silly :^)))))

>turkish houseguests

>hey where do i put my shoes again
>w-why are you putting them in the microwave?

>houseguests

this reminded me of something, there is thing of southern hospitality that is also a virtue of dixies that tends to be twisted by the media
is it true?

i mean, weeping with joy

>I think I have this accent down
no even close there, neighbor.

Yeah, we're like arabs when it comes to food. Huge fucking spreads of more than folks could eat

The ideal southern experience of hospitality in my opinion is an all day bbq, where folks get together in the morning to start slow-cooking the pork, drink all day, work on the rest of the food and fixins over the course of the afternoon and then having pulled pork with all the god tier southern side dishes with cold beer and whiskey in the mood of the southern sunset

alternatively, a fish fry (a party where a bunch of folks bring fish they caught earlier in the day) and crawdad boils (cajun style crayfish) are fucking top notch, but they aren't an all day thing

shoot

>what do you thing of media representation of southerners?
sometimes the shots are spot on, but most of the time they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

I heard people bring their own drinks when visiting there , is that a yank thing to do

It would be considered incredibly rude to bring smth other than gifts here

We do that in the north. If you go to a party, it's polite to bring food or drinks. It's not expected of you, but it's a good gesture.

evening lads

If it's an all day thing they'll bring some beer

post a vocaroo of your southern accent

its common practice at casual parties where there's alcohol to bring some to share or throw into the pile of booze, its more to contribute to the party though

its bad practice to bring alcohol for just yourself, but most folks welcome extra beer or liquor

i hear some folks bring bottles of wine as housewarming gifts but thats not as common in the south

>It would be considered incredibly rude to bring smth other than gifts here

care to explain more? is that as a guest in someone home or to a social event

evening bud

>she is in hospital
why

also her figure looks fucking great in that hospital gown

>The ideal southern experience of hospitality in my opinion is an all day bbq, where folks get together in the morning to start slow-cooking the pork, drink all day, work on the rest of the food and fixins over the course of the afternoon and then having pulled pork with all the god tier southern side dishes with cold beer and whiskey in the mood of the southern sunset

Jesus. please adopt

this is how we spend Slava here, especially in cities because in villages it includes a spit roast

evening bud

>post a vocaroo of your southern accent
only if i had a gun to shoot myself out of embarrassment