EVERY THOUSAND YEARS

EVERY THOUSAND YEARS

Isaac's better

Must this happen in every BTS/MM thread

they're both cool ok :(

MM was only good in This a long drive and LCW, BTS are still good today, and their best albums have much more consistency than MM's. I always skip dog paddle in Long Drive and shit luck or long distance drunk in LCW, but i never skip a track on PFNO or KILAS

Thoughts on The Halo Benders? For those who don't know it's Doug Martsch with Calvin Johnson of Beat Happening/

THIS METAL SPHERE

they're fine but calvin phones in his vocals on everything so badly it nearly ruins songs

You have a point but to me the strongest MM songs just stand out a lot more and are much more memorable and catchy, while a lot of BTS stuff is just pleasant sounding and nothing more. Both are great bands though!

On Virginia Reel Around the Fountain I could do without them, but they're pretty great on Your Asterisk and Lonesome Sundown.

I didn't like it as much as I should considering PFNO and Jamboree are 2 of my fav albums ever, maybe I need to give it another listen, Don't Touch My Bikini is a hilariously adorable song tho

A flawless 10/10. Nothing in the genre can or will ever be able to compete.

Why do people like Jamboree so much? It's the only Beat Happening album with blatant filler on it.

Simplpy put, it has all their best songs. Bewitched, In-Between, Indian Summer, LORI LORI WHAT'S THE STORY, Cat Walk, Hangman.. honestly the only songs you could consider filler are like 50 seconds each so who even cares

Those odd love poetry things are really unique and feel very much in line with Beat Happening aesthetically, even if I don't love them. The next two albums feel more like Beat Happening by the numbers.

I agree that MMs highest points are incredible, but shit like Kicked in the sun and Velvet waltz are some of the most memorable rock songs ever too

i-i think black candy is their best..

TEN TIMES THE SIZE OF JUPITER

I can't stand MM. Horrid voice and awful songwriting

Soy based opinion

Absolutely true, it's not like built to spill doesn't have any stand out songs I just meant on average.
Ironically I think that the MM B-sides on Building Nothing out of Something add up to their most consistent album with All Night Diner being the only skippable song.

What excactly makes MM less masculine than BTS?

yeah Building nothing is great

i feel like you would at least also like building nothing out of something.

I CAN'T GET THAT SOUND YOU MAKE OUT OF MY HEAD