Post your favorite /trek/ ships

Post your favorite /trek/ ships.

It's a shame it didn't get more screen time

I was always partial to the Sabre class cruiser.

PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW

move aside federation fucking shits

>carrying a BLACK FUCKING HOLE around in your trunk

Romulan engineering everyone.

Best ship.

Did you mean ?

>one-shotting Borg cubes like nothing

abrams tier design

Ezri/Bashir desu

Doomsday Machine confirmed to make an appearance in J.J Lens Flare Abrams' Star Trek 4.

Muh nigga

I unironically quite like the Narada. Its not very Trek in design, but from a purely aesthetic point of view, I can dig a ship that looks like a giant horror space squid.

no one posted this yet, the fuck?

Just looking at, how does this thing "mine"?
Seems like the arms would be to thin to dig something like a large star or w/e the fuck they were using them for.

The tie in comic backstory is that it was just a normal plain old mining vessel but it got outfitted with a bunch of Borg tech to go and teach those Vulcan cunts a lesson about sitting on their thumbs agonising over whether or not to save Romulus with crazy dangerous red matter

It can also be telepathically controlled by Nero's mind which IIRC is the very tenuous reason why the Klingons couldn't get it working while they had Nero in a prison camp for 25 years

>The tie in comic
Yeah, see, they didn't need even that to get across to me they tested concept designs for the grittiest/edgiest/darkest ship and just said 'let's go with that'.

I really don't think his team was thinking about how the fans would try and look at the pragmatism of it's various pieces.

My apologies. I meant to just say, simply, "I really don't think his team was thinking (full stop)"

Best ship

Sensors maybe? or perhaps they exist in a fight to protect the important bit in the heart of all those tentacles? Torpedoes would find it harder to get through.

Why would you gather up what you mine with appendages when you can just beam it up once you've cleared away surrounding material that no doubt for plot reasons prevents or hampers beaming?

Maybe they all close in around what has been mined and that's how they transport it?

All other answers are wrong.

They said it was artificial but not what it means, maybe it was microscopic? It wouldn't take much infinite gravity to make your ship go. And it's probably no more dangerous than the antimatter pods on a Federation starship, I bet the area of effect of it is about the same as a warp core breach.

Did either of the beyond sequels have a warp core breach? I've always wanted to see one that wasn't just cheap pyrotechnics or cheap CGI

Fesarius > Your Shipfu

>When dey assoin ye te a ship that doesn't even have a deflector

>so I want to be able to explore the galactic frontier of mankind's expansion but I also want to be able to take a crew of rugged Canadians deep-sea Atlantic fishing

Agreed. Dominion War MVP.

After all, if these beautiful bastards weren't constantly getting one-shotted, Starfleet might've lost all their good starships.

Isn't it in the middle of the arch?

Very true, they were the redshirts of the war. Probably because they wanted to retire the Miranda Class, they'd been in service for at least 100 years by this point

Those are photon torpedo launchers

I always liked Klingon birds of prey, they look junky and utilitarian, that's my jam

Those are torpedo bays.

>It wouldn't take much infinite gravity
>take much
>infinite

WEW LAD

Some infinities are bigger than others

It's a fascinating subject well worth taking the time to look up.

But just think about it in context. Is a supermassive black hole more powerful than a microscopic one? They're both have infinite gravity at the center though.

>They're both have infinite gravity at the center though.

You just answered your own question.

The event horizon reaches further out based on the initial reaction within a star.

Based on the size of the star which effects the size of the singularity which effects the strength. But both are infinite.

Pretty much what I just said, but okay.

Then why were you greentexting me? What exactly do you disagree with?

Always liked these for sure.
My pick would be the NX-01 refit or the Akira Class.

Samefagging for both ships.

Defiant may be the coolest from an action standpoint, but Enterprise-D is just downright c o m f y

>Not posting the correct ship

That's alright fellas. You can be wrong every once in a while.

wasnt that in moonraker starring james bond?

that's fine though, the whole point of Nero and the Narada was to mock grimdark bullshit.

The villains of Star Trek 2009 are literally parodies of Shinzon and his gang.

Nobody on JJ's staff puts this high a level of thought into anything.

You sound like one of those posters insisting that capeshit is the ultimate form of cinematic kino.

Every time.

It's honestly a beautiful design. In the spirit of the old while being sleek and unique.

That show was so close to being good. Damn.

>It's honestly a beautiful design. In the spirit of the old while being sleek and unique.
I agree and also loved the hull polarization, warp 5, phase cannons and spatial torpedoes.

>That show was so close to being good. Damn.
I thought it was good. It had the perfect aesthetics and tone, just missed out on some story telling. It was average most of the the first two seasons, and when it finally got better season 3, most people were tuned out.

Its a shame.

You know what killed it?
The shitty title song.
Its just not Trek.
If it wasn't for that, the show would have gone down as legendary.

If you seriously could not mute your TV at the time or today on Netflix or whatever, skip it, then you must have some serious autism.

Cause I do, and I still love the show.

No, he's completely right. We expected some sort of instrumental, not Christian rock or whatever.
I was one of the people who lost interest solely due to the theme song. I apologize.

Are you high or drunk or something?

Enterprise was canceled because millions of people changed the channel when that song came on the telly. You can't change history just by needlessly insulting one user on the 4chins.

I'm just saying what killed it.

This is wrong. I thought it went

Voyager
>9.975
Prometheus
>9.98
Enterprise E
>9.981

>Enterprise was canceled because millions of people changed the channel when that song came on the telly.

So what? Its a fucking intro. If you are that short minded of a person, to turn of your TV, change channels or stop watching because of an intro and not at least let the episode play out, then no, hes totally wrong.

Sup Forums has major autism when it comes to Enterprise, people trash on it even though they barely watched it or did not watch it at all.

>muh star trek intro, its so bad, I can't get passed a minute of a song I don't like, regardless that the visuals are fine and I am too lazy to mute my TV.

>You can't change history just by needlessly insulting one user on the 4chins.
Of course I can't change history. But welcome to Sup Forums, you must be new. I can needlessly insult someone regardless. Sup Forums does it all the time and so does the rest of the other boards.

Many of these posts is very baity matey. I took it regardless.

Fair enough. I disagree.

What killed it was reusing of plot devices and lack of direction for two whole seasons. Rick Berman and Brannon Braga contributed.

Final blows were the failure of Nemesis and the stagnation of the franchise which again is contributed to Berman & Braga, they failed to diversify, that is why Manny Coto was brought in to fix that, and he did to his best abilities till almost the very end.

Also 9/11 probably didn't help, knowing Star Trek is about humanity being together and stuff.

>finally, sweet release

>So what? Its a fucking intro. If you are that short minded of a person, to turn of your TV, change channels or stop watching because of an intro and not at least let the episode play out, then no, hes totally wrong.
Learn to tell the difference between "I changed the channel" and "millions of people changed the channel".

This isn't about what you or I did. This is about what society as a whole did. And, as a whole, society changed the channel when Enterprise came on. That's why it was canceled.

>it's an user thinks that over a hundred million dollars is spent on a movie without an iota of thought being put into it episode

Lots of thought was put into the movie, but nobody was thinking about Star Trek.

He's not saying that it's the only reason, or even that it was his reason, but much like how many people judge a book by its cover, many people will just tune out when they see how horrible Enterprise's intro was. Much like how many people will switch the channel as soon as commercials come on, and then end up watching something else without meaning to.

This thread is canceled.

USS Pizzacutter

NCC 91774

USS Pooinloo

Wow.

That sounds like ass pull bullshit.

What borg tech has ever looked remotely like that piece of shit ship design?

I think I misunderstood the point of this thread

I'd gladly watch a whole season of these time-travelling madmen. There's Dutch from The Shield, and that blue guy, and the captain they ended up arresting for a crime he didn't commit yet.

You could fill it with all the period piece episodes the actors want, instead of shitting it up with holodeck episodes.

>You could fill it with all the period piece episodes the actors want,
So, same old Star Trek as always?

What a fucking beautiful ship

so can this land on water or what?

hnnngggg

>ywn bum around the alpha quadrant in your own warp capable camper van.