Sells itself as something between The West Wing and 24

>sells itself as something between The West Wing and 24
>turns out to be a fucking soap opera with a wife's son subplot
>the president keeps letting everyone undermine him over and over again
>show prides itself on being "authentic" yet anyone with basic knowledge how politics work can call out bullshit all episode long
>already had 3 two week breaks in its first season

Fucking dropped.

I had to drop it too. feels bad man. I wanted to like this show.

The original promo made it seem like it could possibly have been something good but, after watching "The West Wing" and other intelligent dramas about politics, this show just fell apart and I couldn't even get more than 10 mins into the 3rd episode and that was that.

Too much bullshit, too much disrespect for the position of the President in general, too much disinformation, too many inaccurate situations, people in some positions doing things they're not allowed to do, etc.

Potential wasted, basically, so it can cater to the lowest common denominator aka stupid fucking people.

Yeah, the first episode was silly but good for a cable show. Then the second episode came and instead of showing how a country reacts to the worst terrorist attack of all time it was about Muslims. The latest episode was pretty much the last straw.

>>already had 3 two week breaks in its first season

lol its done

First it was the debates, then the hick music awards, then Thanksgiving and the biggest cliffhanger they have is whether Kirkman is a literal cuck.

Kief picks the worst roles post-24.

My dad said I'd love this show since I'm pretty interested in politics.

Should I skip it?

I DONT CARE IF IM A KEK I LOVE YOU AND YOUR SON

Why does it matter to the general public if he's a cuck anyway? That dude who might be the daddy was like "pardon me for my crimes or I'll tell the press your son might be mine" who the fuck cares? Go on, tell the public, what are they gonna start a revolution because the president might've raised a kid that's not biologically his?

>since I'm pretty interested in politics

calling people that disagree with you a cuck isn't the same as being interesting in politics.

And no, no one should watch this show

At this point the show is less about politics and more about conspiracies. You might as well watch 24 or Homeland, at least they're enjoyable shows.

No need to project so hard, and I guess I'll skip the show.

All right. Thanks.

>"The West Wing" and other intelligent dramas about politics

"The West Wing" is the opposite of an "intelligent drama about politics".

Name one that's better then.

What did he mean by this?

>show prides itself on being "authentic" yet anyone with basic knowledge how politics work

>the president keeps letting everyone undermine him over and over again

Thats the point.

It shows why the gov't is corrupt.

In the show the entire government is destroyed. He's basically the only thing keeping the country together at this point. And he's letting some asshole governors push him around.

There's nothing worse than seeing someone who played Jack Bauer get browbeaten by everyone in a 5 mile radius..

DESIGNATED

I swear, if I took a shot every time Kirkman wonders if he should be president I'd be as drunk as Kiefer Sutherland is right now.

It has a great premise, and the first episode was genuinely good

It went downhill very fast after that with its obvious bleeding heart lefty bias and shitty writing. The last straw was when they revealed he was the designated cuckold all along

>assumed the next president was going to be a Democrat to make it match
Well egg's on their face innit?

You couldn't tell it was going to be shit just from the name and the casting?

I wonder how they decided to do it week by week other than drop all episodes at once. It suggests that they knew it was mediocre tv. The only reason I don't drop it is because it's only 45 minutes a week.

These network shows always seem good in the first episode when it's all action and setting up the plot.

But since all the writers teams at these networks are 100% liberal they quickly turn to shit every single time. Talking down to the audience and without opposing viewpoints in the board room you just get circlejerk bullshit

>I wonder how they decided to do it week by week other than drop all episodes at once.

It's an ABC show, why would all the episodes be out?

yeah i was fine with it but when it started doing the breaks i just lost interest and don't feel like watching the one or two episodes i missed

>every line is uttered as solemnly as posible
>meanwhile a white retarded ape just got elected president

how am I supposed to take this shit seriously

oh I thought it was Netflix. That's where I'm watching it.

Either way it sucks

I was thinking that too. Why should this plot point be taken so seriously while there are other, more pressing matters to attend to? If I was his spin doctor, I'd advise that if the other babby daddy starts talking, just release a statement that you raised your son and you don't give a shit because you love him so much that it doesn't matter. Hell, it would even be a positive thing.

And this motherfucker wants a presidential pardon? Fuck outta here.

>you denied Syrian refugees passage into our country, how could you!
>calm down, I had to compromise, not to mention they're going to Canada
>BUT WE HAD TO TAKE THEM IN BECAUSE MUH PRINCIPLES

The President is a fucking Mary Sue.

>almost everyone hates him
>wife cheated on him

yeah sure

How a character is perceived doesn't matter, the way they're portrayed makes them a Mary Sue. Kirkman is absolutely selfless, only held back by his naivety and overly nice personality, has no actual flaws whatsoever, is portrayed as the shining hero who will eventually save the country, makes all the right and safe choices, staff immediately starts worshiping him.

Also, his wife didn't cheat on him, the babby might be from her relationship before she met Kirkman.

>How a character is perceived doesn't matter

Yes it fucking does, you absolute fucking retard.

>naivety isn't a flaw now

You are a fucking idiot, case closed.

Nobody took her seriously at the start either, does that make her less of a Mary Sue.

He never gets punished for his naivety though. It's used to show us "hey look, this guy is a good person, not like those cynical Washington sharks!" rather than portrayed as a real flaw. Any mistakes he makes he always fixes with meme magic.

He's punished all the time it just doesn't have lasting ramifications

>Muslims help out the president
>Authentic

Pick one

House of Cards, where conservatives are the smart ones in the White House

Please, House of Cards ceased being smart in favor of being entertaining a long time ago.

>Punished

This should be on HBO. I want Kirkman to go on a coke binge, fuck some interns and yell racial slurs at the kebab press secretary.

The writers don't see it as a flaw though

STANDING

How is this show ABC's "top-performing" new drama? Nielsen ratings are so useless. I mean, even Conviction has Hayley Atwell's giant tits going for it, which should put it ahead of DS by default.

Advertising + 24 fans.

you are hilarious kid

Conviction is completely shit

Underrated post.