Tfw visions is almost 6 years old

>tfw visions is almost 6 years old
thoughts on this masterpiece?
will visions stand the test of time?
will this album be influential in the future?
did you discover similar albums to it?
favorite songs from it?
how did you even find out about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hr8D9Hkscf4
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
youtube.com/watch?v=4Rj16PH6HRA
noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/kzqzwn/lingua-ignotas-liturgical-noise-is-a-celebration-of-obliteration
youtu.be/T0TP8Ts__sQ?t=183
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>thoughts on this masterpiece?
cool but artangels is still better
>will visions stand the test of time?
idunno i love grimes' music but it's not exactly revolutionary, I don't think this kind of thing is that important anyway
>will this album be influential in the future?
doubtful, synthpop revival is already firmly on the way out and even grimes already moved away from this sound big time
>did you discover similar albums to it?
I guess but nothing that good in the 2010s indeh synth revival, most of the good shit comes from going back to kraftwerk and such
>favorite songs from it?
the singles. oblivion, genesis, be a body... also circumambient and nightmusic
>how did you even find out about it?
Sup Forumsspam, I never really cared for it back in the day but got into it after AA came out and I revisited it

eh
probably not, but i couldn't say
to people who like it
not really
forget which
memes

>but it's not exactly revolutionary
do you know another album like visions?

>youtube.com/watch?v=Hr8D9Hkscf4
>if grimes had any talent she would be on a level like this
She was ALREADY on a level like this in 2010 - 4 years before the performance you posted even happened:
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI

nobody is going to play with you today yaruba

she sucks. her "creativity" is dog shit.

It's trash.

you just hate her, plebs

I hate her talentless "music".

funny that the first comment of that video posted by that user is picture related

because you're a pleb. enhance your taste, buddy.

I will if you do it too. Maybe one day you will see how horrible and bland her songs are, when you get a little older.

>one day you will see how horrible and bland her songs are
lmao! i listened to them hundreds of times and i still didn't get tired of them. why? because those songs were extremely well made. hopefully you will realize how pleb you were for dismissing her music when you will grow up.

both of you need to try actually discussing the things you like/dislike about the music, and realize you'r getting nowhere by trolling each other.

The songs sounds like watered down bullshiy stringed together with poorly pronounced words. But if that's what you like, enjoy your trash and enjoy not expanding your mind past this tumblr has-been greasy ogre that dresses like a hobo.

A tiny bit better than totally average.

Deserves neither the hate nor the praise it receives here.

Remember when p4k gave Oblivion the track of the decade title and the rractions thay followed?
Those were simpler times.

you're such a try hard. you're not convincing.

Very few people actually hate the music, they just hate the over zealous freaks who spam her

what reactions? elaborate for those anons who weren't there.

I don't give a shit if I'm convincing you or not. I'm laughing at you.

Random other third party speaking.
Pro-tip: Never get into an argument with a moron, lest he bring you down to his/her level.

Both the author of and deserved to be banned from this board because trolling is against board rules.

lol. you're the joke, buddy.

be chill, mr. fake mod. disagreeing =/= trolling. both comments were about her music anyway. meanwhile your comment was completely and utterly useless and added nothing to discussion. you deserved to be banned for your shitposting. you didn't post about MUSIC itt, pleb.

I think it has nice ideas, but a lot of the songs feel unfinished to me

Besides the few standout tracks the rest just melds together into a (not unpleasant) blur

see the first paragraph of

>see the first paragraph of
which is
>Random other third party speaking.

i fail to see the relation between that and my post it doesn't matter that you're a third party, nobody invited you to police anons here. the report button exists for a reason. this board is not your personal complaint department. discuss music or leave.

btw stop calling anons morons when you're the bigger nosy moron. just sayin'

I found it while browsing through the Metal Archives one day

>i don't know what a paragraph is
Lol don't they have the same concept in EVERY written language?Here you go:
>A paragraph (from the Ancient Greek παράγραφος paragraphos, "to write beside" or "written beside") is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea. A paragraph consists of MORE THAN ONE SENTENCE.

so... see the first PARAGRAPH of
You seriously need yo pull your head out of your ass ITTs desu. As things stand, the biggest barrier to people (like me) having actually interesting conversations about Grimes' music ITTs is you. Trolls transparently trolling are fine, because I/others can just report their posts/get them banned and carry on with the conversation. You just junk up these threads with pointless bullshitting.

/inb4
>pointless bullshitting
>no u!

The only substantive content you ever post ITTs are just copypastas of stuff written by other people - usually ME, specifically (eg. ) Contribute your own meaningful part to these conversations or simply just sticking with OP'ing threads and lurking if that's all you are actually capable of doing. There's no shame in that.

>A paragraph consists of MORE THAN ONE SENTENCE.
hey smartass, those sentences must be one after another. you separated those sentences with a new line:
>Random other third party speaking. [NEW LINE]
>Pro-tip: Never get into an argument with a moron, lest he bring you down to his/her level.
new line means new paragraph. stop being an ignorant, sweetie. next time put the sentences ONE AFTER ANOTHER.
>You seriously need yo pull your head out of your ass ITTs desu. As things stand, the biggest barrier to people (like me) having actually interesting conversations about Grimes' music ITTs is you. Trolls transparently trolling are fine, because I/others can just report their posts/get them banned and carry on with the conversation.
fuck off. people are sick of your charade. you always whine about other anons. are you a mod? then shut the fuck up OR discuss music. don't you dare to attempt censoring my freedom of speech. you see trolls everywhere but you're actually the biggest troll.
>You just junk up these threads with pointless bullshitting.
i debate her music, unlike you who always "junk up these threads with pointless bullshitting". case in point: zero music discussion. funny how you call everyone you dislike a moron. ever occured to you that maybe you're the actual moron?
>The only substantive content you ever post ITTs are just copypastas of stuff written by other people - usually ME, specifically
i wrote my parts too but you didn't see them. instead of THANKING ME for popularizing your "work", you complain. be chill, i will not post your "work" from now on. instead shitposting on Sup Forums about a popstar, you better work on your music skills, pleb.

>mfw you dont like grimes so grimesfags point and say "YOU JUST DONT LIKE POP. STOP TRYING TO BE A PATRICIAN."
or
>"GRIMES IS TOO DEEP FOR U YOU PLEB"

her music is experimental pop. you don't like experimental pop made by her because you're a turbopleb. a true patrician would see the beauty in her music.

nothing that you just said has any substance. youre not even a good troll.

yaruba, are you really shitting up two threads at once right now?

>he dismissed a good point as trolling
keep replying, troll. what is your favorite grimes album?

>this actually came out almost six years ago
I might as well kill myself.

see the first paragraph (aka the first group of sentences, since a single sentence can't be a paragraph) of

Claire Elise "Grimes" Boucher is lowbrow.

>experimental
>pop

Pick one

Please do, you won't be missed

okay, so was THIS grimes thread posted by Claire, or the other one? lolololol

"you dont like experimental pop by her because youre a turbo pleb" has zero substance. It is an attempt to attack character as opposed to the subject at hand. It isn't an argument.

this one.maybe the other one too

The other one wasn't even a grimes thread, yaruba just showed up and stirred up his usual autistic brand of argument

I have no investment in this argument, but people who think single-sentence paragraphs don't exist don't know what they're talking about and should stop pretending that they do.

if you dislike experimental pop there's nothing else to be added. nobody could change your mind if you hate her music.

this. crazium was smartium this time.

Claire Elise "Grimes" Boucher is low-brow.

leave yaruba alone

>delusional user
what your point, pleb? do you really believe that she's low-brow because you said that? since when your opinion is relevant?

I didnt claim to dislike experimental pop as a whole, lol?

you implied that by disliking the wonderful music of claire boucher. you have no excuse.

youre so paper thin. ahhahahahahahaha

As a high-brow my opinion is of more relevance than that of a Claire Elise "Grimes" Boucher listener a/k/a a low-brow.

jesus christ talking to you is like talking to a 14 year old girl.
>WELL YOU IMPLIEEDDDD

why do people get this hot and bothered over grimes

what's her secret

>thoughts on this masterpiece?
Only one good song.
>will visions stand the test of time?
Yeah, it will always be just as bad.
>will this album be influential in the future?
It'd a shame, but it could happen.
>did you discover similar albums to it?
Like I want to.
>favorite songs from it?
Oblivion.
>how did you even find out about it?
Can't remember.

Only in cases where a single sentence/word exists as a completely separate unit on the page - ie. it has whitespace both below AND above it.

>As a high-brow
lmao! imagine being this delusional

The disdain and resentment against members of the high-brow class is a common trait among low-brows.

>nitpicking.

>paragraph
>noun: paragraph; plural noun: paragraphs
>a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a NEW LINE, indentation, or numbering.
just admit that you're wrong. those 2 paragraphs
>Random other third party speaking.
>Pro-tip: Never get into an argument with a moron, lest he bring you down to his/her level.
were unrelated anyway. they could exist independently. you can't even claim that the second one depended on the first one. btw, stop being a moron.

>still being delusional
so, your name is napoleon and you're an emperor?

So you're anally, pedantically splitting hairs over a lack of a line break?

Found the low-brow over here.

(You) on the right.

not music related fuck-asses

>over a lack of a line break?
Yes. A new paragraph is indicated by a horizontal gap between whatever came before it.

see
and then the first paragraph of

so, you insist being an ignorant. who the hell told you that a blank line is mandatory between paragraphs?

This is really cringey, I thought a namefag posted this for a second

see

repeating the same "arguments" doesn't make you right. you're tiring.

see

it was ok, used to listen to it more when it was newer though
maybe
maybe, but not sure
i listened to similar music at the time but not too many albums
Oblivion and Symphonia
It was on Allmusic's top albums for 2012 and i thought the cover was striking

>thoughts on this masterpiece
It's not a masterpiece, has maybe one good pop song.

(Lingua Ignota) is the future solo female act

stop spamming that trash album

this means you

The cover is so disgusting I refuse to listen to it
Plus I'm not a huge fucking soy filled piece of shit

>i-i'm not a soyboy!
>shouts the grimes listener

bump

One of the better synthpop albums of the decade, flows really well start to finish.

>Grimes fans

patrician detected?

>prefers blatant generic pop act over revolutionary death industrial

Get off the planet

grimes

im about as real as this yoruba guy

>now be nice to grimes

Hate to be "that guy", but Grimes fans need to listen to more music.

Here's a better album from a better artist:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Rj16PH6HRA

>blatant generic pop act
stop the shitposting machine. what is generic about her music? do you even know another artist like her?
so, you're fake. you don't even exist.

>stop the shitposting machine. what is generic about her music? do you even know another artist like her?

>Grimes fans need to listen to more music.
>posts vastly inferior music
why do you troll us with this shitty music, inxy?

>do you even know another artist like her?
yaruba, my man, your style is so obvious, it's not going to trick anyone

not an argument. also i'm not yaruba. we're all anons here. answer that question and stop the strawman for once.

I posted vastly superior music. You'll agree with me in a couple years. Keep listening to more music hun.

>synthpop revival is already firmly on the way

naw now it's just synthpop r&b

you're delusional, bro. that crap is not superior by any means. you have shite taste.

Plen post

I'm just surprised Vice picked up on her before Sup Forums

noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/kzqzwn/lingua-ignotas-liturgical-noise-is-a-celebration-of-obliteration

hey dude I don't know your trip that well, and I know that you're spacing that artist for whatever reason, but please don't engage with Yarubafag, he's a notorious grimes poster and it's best to just not encourage him

>hey dude I don't know your trip that well

youtu.be/T0TP8Ts__sQ?t=183

This is now a Kristin Hayter thread