Why hasn't there been any rock bands from this decade that have made a huge impression on the mainstream?

Why hasn't there been any rock bands from this decade that have made a huge impression on the mainstream?

There has been. You just refuse to listen, pay attention, or think it's not the kind of "rock" you're talking about.

Because
Swimming in the mainstream is such a lame dream

Name some

what a faggy haircut who is this soyboy

as much as i hate mac demarco, hes gotten pretty far into the mainstream. he was on the tonight show so like hes evidently relevant although his impact on the mainstream has kinda yet to be seen. hes influence indie kiddies but not really anything major.

arctic monkeys
swans
interpol
mac demarco
king krule
alex g

All their cocks are too small to make a dent let alone an impression.

Did you even read the question?
>from this decade

>Swans
please explain how they have had an impact on the mainstream, I'm not saying they're obscure but radio play is not a swans thing

there hasn't been any musicians in general that have made a huge impression on the mainstream, regardless of genre

Cage the elephant

st.vincent

21 Pilots
The 1975
Phoenix
Mumford and Sons

To be Kind was a top 40 rock album on billboard

Bad bait.

>21 Pilots
Pop group
>Mumford and Sons
From the 2000s also not relevant anymore
>The 1975
>Phoenix
Not mainstream

Phoenix is mainstream as fuck I just heard Lisztomania on the radio today

They're fairly mainstream, but the only album of theirs that really got significantly popular was Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, which is from last decade.

Corperations manufacture what is and isn't popular. It's like the music of the proles in 1984.

1975 is mainstream dumbass

I'm convinced the people in charge realized what a disaster rock rebellion is and vowed never to let anyone like that get famous again. If you think about it from a financial standpoint, someone like Kurt Cobain is bad for business because he's constantly complaining about sponsorship, is unpredictable, and doesn't have longevity with consumers. Plus, he's a human, and as terrible as music has become you may have noticed that way less teen pop stars kill themselves these days. And so pop music is less powerful than it was, but also more humane.

Interesting theory, but I don't the majors expect pop music to have much longevity anyway, so musicians burning themselves out quickly probably isn't a huge concern for them