"The Simpsons has never really tackled race - which is admittedly not the funniest topic - in a big way...

"The Simpsons has never really tackled race - which is admittedly not the funniest topic - in a big way. But it's not from lack of trying. In the audio commentary for "Bart Sells His Soul," Oakley mentions that writer Greg Daniels pitched a story exploring "the concept of race in Springfield" several times, but it was nixed because it was decided "The Simpsons may not be the right forum to deal with racism." "

Race only becomes a problem above the lower middle class

>audio commentary
I hope you guys don't do this

>"The Simpsons may not be the right forum to deal with racism." "

No shit, everyone is yellow except for the black guys. It's like a Shanghai warehouse.

>episode where Marge wants to be accepted into the WASPy country club
>Homer accidentally releases his club while golfing and it hits Krusty in the head
>a bit later, Homer steps on Krustys head because hes still on the ground
>Krusty says "ehhh, I knew my kind wasnt welcomed here"

>shitty new simpsons episode about Celtus' family
>one of his sons meets Krusty for the first time
>"Hey, aint you one of them funny people with the big noses?"
>"You mean a clown?"
>"No, a ki-"
>"ALRIGHT!"

you serious? the creators of such amazing jokes are as funny improvising in the audio commentary

I sort of agree, but I know a lot of 'lower class' people that have said some pretty racist things, usually about different sort of stereotypes and agasint differnt races in general though

Simpsons is commentarykino.

lol I had to watch this episode as part of my media class and I think I was the only person who actually got that joke, either that or people didn't want to say they understood it when we were asked

Futurama too

there was an episode where a muslim family moves to springfield and Homer thinks they're terrorists

the episode sucked by the way. I'm all for Homer hating muslims, but the jokes were really bad, and the moral of the story was about tolerance.

Billy West, John Dimaggio, and Maurice Lamarche all doing Professor Farnsworth voices at the same time made me lol

The Simpsons commentaries are the reason you buy the DVD box sets (at least up to season 10). After that it's a lot of the newer generation of writers whining and trying to justify to themselves that what they were doing is "just as good" as what came before.

>After that it's a lot of the newer generation of writers whining and trying to justify to themselves that what they were doing is "just as good" as what came before.
That still sounds interesting in its own way.

Homer's Phobia did this right imo - realistic level of discomfort on Homer's part, ends with equally realistic mild acceptance

True. That said,I haven't bought one since S12.

Plus Jon was a fun character.

Futurama and Venture Bros commentaries are GOAT

why the fuck has the world deal with the consequences of you all americans not shipping the negroes back when you shold have done it?

why didnt you do it? yeah keep the slaves, AWESOME THINGS will come from it.

Thank the guys who killed Lincoln.