I bet you fags enjoy the flicks of Wes Anderson

I do

What does that make me?

Well, you're not wrong.

He is the definition of middlebrow

I do for sure

REDDIT

Not a fan of his flicks, but I do enjoy his films

no. for one, he is a douche with a derivative aesthetic that, although not seen often in mainstream cinema, is nothing new, original, or engaging. furthermore, he masks his stale tropes, plots, and dialogue with this trite aesthetic, hoping that his ignorant audiences will not catch on to his obviously disingenuous charade. as such, his films are the true litmus test for detecting plebs that think they have good taste in film, yet are really cinema cretins, groveling to a false a lord

second, the very aesthetic earlier criticized has not changed throughout the entirety of wes anderson's career, proving that this "visionary" filmmaker is nothing more than a hack, a one-trick pony who cannot step outside the box or take cinematic chances

third, wes anderson is clearly a pedo and pedo-enabler, making films that sexualize little children all so he can get him and his giant child loving ego off

I'm just finishing up Audrey Hepburn essentials is Wes Anderson worth getting into?

>third, wes anderson is clearly a pedo and pedo-enabler, making films that sexualize little children all so he can get him and his giant child loving ego off
What makes you say that?

This. I am really fucking sick of seeing Wes's /lit/core aesthetic in movies.

We can all agree thast The Royal Tenenbaums is his best, right?

No, its his worst.

tfw wes is my favorite director

What you pretentious little hermits don't seem to understand is that Wes movies aren't meant to be high kino. They're the patrician's guilty pleasure. They're meant to be enjoyed casually while giving your brain a break from critical thinking and searching for obscure meanings.

They're the perfect movies for watching with friends or on a date, because anyone can understand or relate. They're accessible and enjoyable, and more of an alternative to the latest Kevin Hart cash-grab-on-a-screen or normie romcoms than contemporary cinematic masterpieces.

You're not telling me you actually watch art films to impress your normie friends, right?
Kino is meant to be enjoyed alone, while Anderson works are meant for social relaxation.

Ziseau, Tenenbaums and Moonrise are his best

TELL ME ABOUT WES
WHY DOES HE LOVE THE KIDS?

>Es Wanderson

He's okay but I can't stand the le wacky 0_O cringe settings and acting.

This, most of his films are pretty enjoyable. I don't see why anyone would be upset that they dont strive to be high art.

Paul WS Anderson > Wes Anderson > Paul Thomas Anderson

I haven't seen his flick (Bottle Rocket) but I did enjoy his film The Darjeeling Limited.

I can agree with this.
There are meant to be enjoyable nothing more.