What is the likelihood of shit like this actually existing?

What is the likelihood of shit like this actually existing?

And by shit, I mean places like Area-51 or SCP with actual "supernatural" entities or objects? Is there shit out there, Sup Forums? Reptilians? Greys? Whatever?

What would our governments have to gain by keeping discoveries like this covert? How would society react?

If such things like a "supernatural object," interdimensional beings, extraterrestrials, etc. were discovered, what would the implications be for the human race or our understanding of existence? Can such an abstract concept even be comprehended?

Should society know, or is it best that hypothetical things like this are kept under wrap, lock, and key?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oljrjxnixtw
youtube.com/watch?v=T1vYHOPFgcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey guys, is this where I tell him to take it to /x/?

Rats.

Don't go too far down the rabbit hole, it just starts to sound like shit.

If you want some spooks though, have fun with things like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oljrjxnixtw

Oh fuck off, retards, Sup Forums has had these discussions before.

What's the likelihood of a rotten whale actually existing? Pretty fucking good

Anything "supernatural" that's measurable by science would have a profound impact on society lads, this is Sup Forums-related as you can get.

>72 minutes of bullshit
No thanks

I'm excited this thread got any responses at all. Usually will get bumped off page 1 and 404 because no one checks the catalog.

>"supernatural"
>measurable by science
?

100%

in your mind

>Don't go too far down the rabbit hole, it just starts to sound like shit.
I totally understand how absurd things might get or sound the "deeper" you look. But how far can we actually look? Is our universe so bland that the most fantastic thing science has discovered are fucking dinosaurs? There's literally nothing out there?

use your imagination

We're being ethnically cleansed by communists and muslims. Dead birds aren't really a priority.

Top tier posts.

Yeah I know, that's all we ever talk about. I just wanted to share some campfire stories with some fine lads and chew the fat about whether or not society would melt down if any of this shit turned out being real.

>use your imagination
No, that's the definition of something "supernatural". That its properties lie outside the realm of nature and thus are not subject to scientific observation.

Alright, not literally magic_I_ain't_gotta_explain_shit.png tier but something that we don't currently understand or comprehend but is observable.

Like fucking extraterrestrials?

Lads?

I'd say with 99% certainty the earth has never been visited by extraterrestrials due to the limitations of distance to time spent traveling.

Now unless physics finds a way to harness dark matter or open worm holes then something may be possible but i highly doubt it because in 70 years we havent really advanced at all in terms of our methods of transportation. The best way to get to space is via rockets and that is your limited propulsion system. Traveling at or faster than the speed of light would be nigh impossible and even if we could i doubt many organisms would survive it let alone the ship.

If we built a vessel that could accelerate to light speed what would happen is the vessel would buckle, rip, and blast apart due to the force and anyone inside would be pancaked into salsa.

At best what you could get is unmanned probes exploring the galaxy.

That being said there are imo billions of other planets with life on them they will just in all likelyhood never interact with each other.

Sorry Australia, but open your fucking mind.

You could theoretically bend space using magnetic fields and "surf" on the ripples to exceed light speed and travel relatively easily across great distances.

This isn't out of my ass necessarily, I'm parroting it from something I've watched or read, but I can't remember what.

Regardless, use your fucking imagination, laddie.

go to /x

go to godlikeproductions.com

>go to /x
Satan-kun, this isn't 2007, I might as well go to fucking Sup Forums or Sup Forums to discuss this shit. Fuck /x/

This is a stupid discussion probably started by shills who are paid to shitpost and ruin discussions.

What are the chances of shit like this existing? We don't fucking know. If you can't go into Area 51 or show something ''paranormal'' there's nothing to discuss.
Fuck off, shill.

Mate, if I wanted to shitpost and ruin discussions, I would do it in other threads, not make my own.

I totally get shill falseflagging and shit like that, but this isn't it. If you don't wanna see it, just fucking hide the thread.

You faggots are posting 10 shitposthing threads per minute making real threads harder to find and get deleted faster.
You're scum.
Whether you're being paid to do it or you're not aware of it you're scum. You're helping the left. You're doing exactly what government people are paid to do because they think it helps them.

I'm helping the left through hypothetical discussion?

Do you watch tv? Play video games? Literally do anything that's not purist Sup Forumsitical discussion on this very board? Then by your logic, you're helping the left.

What I think is irrelevant. What matters is that the US government thinks it's worth investing in professional shitposters.

Yeah I know and I'm with you, but wouldn't really call this a shitpost.

It's a shitpost thread.
You post on the wrong board.You chose a politics board to post /x/ crap. You have zero information on the subject. Nothing is being discussed because there's nothing to discuss. All the red flags of a paid shill.
You don't even have any interest in the subject you're posting about.

Society's reaction to anything would be Sup Forums-related laddie.

And if I seem to be lazily posting, it's not because I'm not interested, it's because this thread is 95% >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> posting and I'm also eating grapes and reading SCP articles.

God I hate that cunt.

Fuck Barack Ofaggot too for supporting her. I might have taken him seriously if he, for example, pulled behind Bernie or something as a third party candidate, but it's clear he's just a libtard sheep.

There are ideas circulating now the can picture faster than light travel. Look up scaler waves for one and also if anti-gravity is figured out it could be easily done. E=mc2 is energy is equal to the mass x the speed of light2. If you can control the mass of an object with anti-gravity then the "m" of the equation is not really a factor. This is what the basis of light speed being the max speed is based on. Throughout history man has put limitations on what a max speed to travel at is. We've consistently broken them. As long as we don't glass ourselves or get genocided via agenda 21 I can't see why this won't be possible in the future

>we'll all be dead before anything cool happens

I know how cancerous is /x, i avoid that cringeboard since a few month. The amount of roleplaying is horrid, You probably hoped for a better discussion on this board, i get it,

this can be interesting, dont let this thread die Mulder

she must be fucking desperate to promise things like this. she won't reveal shit

How anyone can take Hillary seriously is fucking beyond me. I'm perplexed. That being said, does this mean Trump is new president?

bump?

0%

aliens are some made up shit so you will fear the ruler, truth is we are the fucking aliens

>Anything "supernatural" that's measurable by science would have a profound impact on society

youtube.com/watch?v=T1vYHOPFgcg

reality can be shaped to your imagination, science proves it so must be real

meme magic exists

ritual provides for larger effect

source on gif?

I'm at work folding towels like a good goy, so I'll review and respond in a sec

In the meantime can you give a little tl;dr on that hefty video?

he goes on to explain how your intent of measuring determines what you measure, it's scientific evidence that the physical universe manifests differently according to the measurer's intent

as in

MEME magic can shape reality, of course it's not MEME magic shaping reality, it's human consciousness shaping reality, imagination playing the most important role in bending reality to your whim

which is why symbolism is so important, it's easier to focus on, it can mean something even when the people viewing it have no idea what it means, and symbols endure, can hold different meanings, symbols are the language that shapes reality

watching it now

side note: does this mean Trump will be president because of Kek and other such mass-memes?

Human and human-animal hybrids are a thing, yes.

>Thoughts?

People who snatch low res pics of paranormal stuff should be shot on sight

>reality can be shaped to your imagination, science proves it so must be real

That's true and false.

There's no reality outside of you that you can understand or see or perceive, but that doesnt prove something else does not exist either.

It's old fucking news anyways

>Muh science proves it

This topic has been discussed for fucking centuries already.

>We are the aliens

We look like monkeys tho

Unless you mean all life came to the planet from outside

There are more planets and stars out there than every sand corn combined of the whole earth!

>Human and human-animal hybrids are a thing
Sauce, Spain.

Lurk more.

There's nothing spoopy about them. They're made in labs.

If you're talking about single-celled strains made for vaccines and shit, sure. But there's no actual animal that's part human and part fucking bat, lad.

Alcubierre drive.

THE TRUTH IS IN /X/ !

These are called niggers and abo's

This. Thank you fellow Pisan.

Unlikely. People are shit at keeping secrets. Not everyone mind you, but enough to let the cat out of the bag.

Ok CIA.

I wont waste time trying to convince you. I dont care.

hsss... the great thing about the internet, is that no one knows you're a hybrid.

*flicks tongue*

Grice's principle brings us to the conclusion that the secrets held in places such as Area 51 will be more likely things that we have objective evidence for than things that we don't.

So most likely all that is to be found there are experimental weapon systems, experimental propulsion and vehicular prototypes and likely a whole number of state secrets and compounds. Perhaps just banned caches (where did all those cluster arms and agent orange disappear to?) and whatever else the government desperately don't want us to realise.

Propulsion systems are undoubtedly much more advanced than the general public are led to believe.

there's either aliens flying around in our skies or secret government aircraft. i've seen two of them at different points in my life

As meme possible.
They want to implement alien invasion to make people abandon democracy. With development of 3d-graphics it would be possible.
As personally experienceable phenomenon - not.

>is observable
>Like fucking extraterrestrials

except a hybrid would never want to draw attention to ourselves

That is a dog or hose carcass at best.

Alright, spooky Mulder i think you should go to bed.

100%
the ancient kings built pyramids and shit cause plebs could barely make mud huts

same thing happens now only translated thousands of years into the future

ufos are most likely rockefeller-tier transportation

'weird creature found dead in farm' is some rich's guy bio-pet run loose and shot by a neighbour farmer

what´s your favorite SCP lads?

0%

That photo you have isn't even related to your sci Fi horseshit