So I finally got around to watching this and I have to say coming in with very low expectations was a good call...

So I finally got around to watching this and I have to say coming in with very low expectations was a good call. It was a bit of a mess but I still dug certain aspects. I liked the grimdark tone (despite snyder being a bit heavyhanded at times. The batmobile fight was lense flare galore for example.), wonder woman was actually pretty neat as was doomsday after he molted, and batman was pretty cool after he stopped being a moron. Eisenberg was an odd choice for Lex though. I get that they wanted to portray a 'modern day eccentric billionaire' but his performance seemed way more appropriate for the joker. Also Caville is wooden as fuck when he isn't wincing in anger. All in all it was a decent watch. As someone who doesn't have any alleigance to capeshit brands I have to say I'm a bit intrigued for the upcoming justice league movie. All of that aside, is the praise this gets by some on Sup Forums a meme?

Sup Forums consensus is that BvS is mediocre and that the Marvel comics universe is decidedly superior. Snyder is a hack.

Sort of a shame that HBO is showing the theatrical version and not the superior Extended/Directors.

Is it really that much of a difference?

Sort of, in that it fleshes a lot of events and motivations out, more Clark, some other stuff. It just makes more sense, feels more complete.

>batman will never be this badass again because of the poor bvs reception

The extended version was going to be the version that would be shown in theatres, BUT some execs at WB got very greedy near release date and wanted to cut down the length so they could get more showings, and thus more money.

the director's cut makes it overall a decent movie, only marred by a weak Lex Luthor and forced Doomsday end plot.

While Marvel movies tend to be more solid than DC, I appreciate that DC are trying their own thing, even if it ends up with more missteps then not. I just hope they get their shit together for Justice League.

Yeah, such a shame that they can't show 3 hours of pretentions crap on air because the hack director couldn't do his job properly.

kys my man

Extended version does not fix
- Martha scene
- Lex being a twitchie homosexual
- retarded dream fight choreography
- le flasho nonsense
- rushing in as much justice league things as they can
- email with logos and trailers for justice league members.
- Doomsday looking laughable and troll-like
- Louise being were she is not suppose to be making dumb decisions
- ding ding ding ding ding
- Superman looking angry that he has to save people.
- Superman being a hypocrite trying to stop Batman when he killed that Warlord in the desert
- Superman death still doesn't get any sad emotions from audiences.
- dirt rising from Coffin kills any suspense for the next movie whether Superman is really dead or not.

It also introduces 3 problems:

1) How did Lex know Superman can't see through lead?

2) Since Superman had no way to see the bomb, his whole arc about "I wasn't even looking for the bomb, I'm a bad hero, wah" was pointless.

3) It makes no sense To have Batman using the the Bat-Brand, and the Bat-Brand leading to 19 people's death, and Lex orchestrating the murders. The theatrical cut indicated that some people saw the brand as a symbol warranting death in prison, the extended cut makes it a formulaic Bruce-Lex partnership somehow?

>I'm retarded: the post

Don't forget
>The interesting part of the plot (Superman and his responsibility) LITERALLY never being mentioned again after the bomb explodes moments before he's about to speak

That was such a big fucking cop-out I would've asked for a refund, had I paid to see this.

How did Lex know that putting Zod's body in the ships water and cutting himself would make Doomsday?
If you want to believe the retarded explanation of the ship telling him, then adding human DNA, especially from a frail queen like person, would make Zod even weaker than he was before his neck got snapped.

*queer like person

about 90% of the first two hours is rendered completely irrelevant once MARTHA gets kidnapped.

I was digging most of the movie up to the half-way point, when the capitol exploded. After that it just fell apart.

>- Superman death still doesn't get any sad emotions from audiences.
Are you retarded? Ignoring the rest of stupid nitpicking, the UE has scenes of Metropolis deserted on the day of Superman's public funeral. Either everyone is out mourning and showing their respect or it was deemed a public holiday.

should i watch the extended ver?

Yes

I was only listing stuff added by the extended edition. That's a good point though.

You're an idiot!

it's pure kino

Present various legitimate problems with BvS.

DCucks Resort to insults with any counter arguments.

DCucks not even once.

>My meme qualms are "legitimate"

>Not knowing what a meme is

Stick to the ongoing meme that DCU movies are good or kino. And get baited into the meme essays about them.

BvS is pure kino. Only patricians understand that though.

perhaps a joint like CIVIL WAR or a flick like DOCTOR STRANGE would be more for people of your intellect?

You're confusing the forced depictions of emotions with actual audience reactions.

Watch one or the other but definitely not both.
There are other movies you could watch instead of a bad movie twice.

>I have autism

Name 5 of your favorite films fag