What do we do about the alt-normie problem that is becoming a serious issue on Sup Forums?

What do we do about the alt-normie problem that is becoming a serious issue on Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bRsTogO2tLk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first things first, you have to kill yourself for unironically using the phrase "alt-normie"

t. mac demarco, my bloody valentine, king gizzard and memerap fan

Aka alt. normie

Aka alternative normal person

Realize that Sup Forums is a very famous forum, and you should invest more in and care more about literally anything else

Post more & make the posts about music...your post isn't actually about music...

this post is a total appeal to the alt-normies though

the for real autists probably stay

Honestly I kinda agree. Post inaccessible music all the time, be more aggressively elitist. For example, kill this board's prejudice against noise, if it got more discussion in the open, it'd drive normies away.
Maybe we could go on /qa/ and see if janitors could keep 1 designated thread going when a new album drops or a meme musician dies. When lil peep died, there were about 20 threads open at any given time, and they were still at a consistent 5 for the next three days. One stickied thread would've been nice, and peepposting outside of it getting deleted would've kept that crap down.

tell them that the music they're listening to is derivative shit and to expand their tastes

Sorry man, the "real autists" are forever fucked, either on Sup Forums or anywhere else. Work to improve yourself, or just shut up and deal with it. Please... that would improve the board more than socially acceptable people leaving. Being a normie has nothing to do with musical taste.

>kill this board's prejudice against noise, if it got more discussion in the open, it'd drive normies away.
noise rock is pretty popular on this board. I do agree that /dark/ /shugazi/ or even /jazz/ need to return

We kill them with kindness.

By listening to OK Computer

It's certainly more popular here than most places I know, but "noise is a shit genre with literally no merits" is an unfortunately popular opinion representative of a pretty large normie population.
/noise/ threads pop up less often than kpop threads, but they do pop up, and some of them are quite good.
I'd love /dark/ and /jazz/ to get serious traction. Someone tried to start /tuva/ for throat-singing and shit, I dunno how much of an audience there is for shit like that but that'd be pretty cool.
Maybe we could even get a designated /normie/ thread for people to discuss genuinely popular music that still merits Sup Forums discussion like King Gizz and stuff. I don't browse /daily/, maybe that's what it's like, but we really need a pleasant containment thread to send them to that won't just piss them off.

I just checked the catalog and there are three different spotify wrap-up threads up. We only need one, and we don't even really need that, everyone posting in the thread is just showing off their extremely entry-level taste. Every single wrap-up I saw was just alt-normie shit, it's like they've sequestered themselves off but still want to dominate the catalog.

Stop saying "normie," guys. I listen to weirder shit than most of Sup Forums, but I don't fantasize about being outcast and incompatible with the rest of the world. People are actually amazingly open minded, if you are a little discerning about people and a little pleasant. I often listen to my outsider music and modernism with friends who aren't into that stuff, and they enjoy it.

Then you're a cyborg. No shame in that, best of both worlds. Or worst, if you're an unlucky cyborg, but you don't sound too unfortunate. Having friends willing to listen to music with you precludes you from being a robot.

ok

>Stop saying "normie," guys. I listen to weirder shit than most of Sup Forums

ok

It's not hypocritical, you can reasonably wish Sup Forums listened to less mainstream music, but "normie" implies self pity or elitism

>Stop saying "normie," guys. I listen to weirder shit than most of Sup Forums
name some then

Your friends may enjoy listening to music with you, but their lack of knowledge or initiative to discover and learn about music, either to make their own or just listen, means they have no place on this board, regardless of how nice and open-minded they are.

They have initiative and knowledge in other areas of their life, as most people do in one area or another. I can't blame or exclude them for not focusing on music, as the open mindedness and friendliness are more important for inclusion IMO
Obviously not all of Sup Forums, but I mostly listen to early modernism stuff like schoenberg or outsider stuff like jandek, the genres I mentioned before. Nothing too radical, all I mean is it isn't Sup Forumscore (some Sup Forumscore is cool tho)

you are so fucking full of yourself dude holy shit.

I just think the "normie" bullshit is really misguided

>dude lmao im a special snowflake
>but im so special, i dont even acknowledge as special, im just that much of a special snowflake

dude fuck off lmao

I'm sorry I don't consider myself different from people that aren't on Sup Forums enough for your tastes

normie is just another name for newfag and faggot with no taste or extremely shallow taste, in Sup Forums at least.

I'm a NEET permavirgin loser but my tastes are alt-normie at best tastes. I'm mostly here for the memes, fuck music.

you are so fucking full of yourself that you dont even realize it

I'm pretty proud of myself, I'll give you that :^)

Ignore anyone that posts top 40, hip hop, or "indie" rock/folk

How about too many /pol discussions...music for this feel?

youtube.com/watch?v=bRsTogO2tLk

Look, man, I'm a physics/math major working on a degree, looking to be a professor someday, trying to get some research over the summer, I have plenty of initiative
You can have initiative and not be a normie, you can be a normie with no initiative
See at least half of all engineering students, who are frequently total robots but are going into a reasonably difficult field with a reasonable science and math basis, you'd be hard-pressed to call at least most of them deadbeats

My point isn't that your friends need to focus exclusively on music, or that they're bad people if they don't focus on music at all, my only point is that they certainly don't belong on Sup Forums, the same way I don't belong on Sup Forums or /k/. I don't know anything about the subject matter and I'm not interested in learning, so I'd be an obnoxious newfag if I went on there and told them about my favorite anime and guns

Listening to top 40 pop your entire life and thinking it's great has no bearing on whether you're a good person or not, but if you can't be elitist on a music discussion board, then there's literally no point in having a specific topic because discussion will never get more advanced than trading your favorite top 40 pop singles