Comfy Beatles Thread

Comfy Beatles Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!qBAGzCAA!DZ8vr8HNx_YgIm7H6qa7-xMifKCx70fFkk7ALmw2lrM
youtu.be/ZrffDM3hHk8
youtu.be/a5qk2c1OuRA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the passion in got to get you in my life is the real gem of this album.

For No One is their best song.

I'm Only Sleeping is comfy AF breh. FLOAT UP STREEEEEAM(float up stream)

Paul is the best singer in rock music desu senpai

very nice song. i would say it's underlooked.

This is my favorite Beatle record. Groovy af doe

I like it a lot too

It has some nice songs, although not as much of of them as in Revolver

I've never listened to the Beatles in my life, other than hearing some of their songs on the radio.

What should I listen to?

>It has some nice songs, although not as much of of them as in Revolver
I agree. Revolver is their best if I'm being more objective, but Help is special to my heart. I love Beatlemania and it is like the perfect swan song to that era musically

This. If you like it, listen to their albums either from Rubber Soul and onwards, or from the beginning and go chronologically.

With The Beatles has some great more pop songs.

Rubber Sole is where they got more serious with song writing.

The White Album has a great overall.

Here's some cool tracks from the White Album sessions that some of you may not have heard. Different versions of songs you may have heard, rather. This version of Helter Skelter is fucking great

mega.nz/#!qBAGzCAA!DZ8vr8HNx_YgIm7H6qa7-xMifKCx70fFkk7ALmw2lrM

>EVERY
>SINGLE
>DAY
>OF MY LIFE

All of it.

Thanks user, I like you

Are white album and Abbey Road actual Beatles albums though? Most of the songs were recorded individually by member and not as a group

:)

Rubber Soul

I tried drawing the cover for revolver 6ish years ago in MS paint. never finished it, though

Too bad the jazz musicians employed on this song were trash on this song. Sounded robotic *BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAHHHH*

youtu.be/ZrffDM3hHk8
Electric Light Orchestra

This is bait, right?

Somebody had posted "1" which is basically a greatest hits comp. It's not a bad comp. and has good songs, but other comps you might want to check out would be Past Masters, 1962-1966 (AKA The Red Album) 1967-1970(AKA The Blue Album) Rock and Roll Music, Reel Music, Love Songs.

Or you could be really adventurous and listen to their whole catalogue, both U.S. and British.

I can't be objective because I've been a Beatles fan all my life, and don't think they ever put out a bad record. A few bad songs, perhaps, but no bad records.

i'm only sleeping is a top tier beetles song

youtu.be/a5qk2c1OuRA

Anyone else really like Blue Jay Way? It never gets any love, in fact many people say it's one of their worsts songs, but it's probably my favorite Beatles song. The eerie and offbeat atmosphere, the textures, ... Maybe not the most lyrically mindblowing thing the beatles ever did, but I find the repetition and minimalism hypnotic. Probably one of the most psychedelic beatles songs without sounding cheesy.

Nice I did something similar with Sgt peppers

this song is about weed
i love paul

I like it.

it was my first favorite beatles song. super comfy trippy vibe. one of my fave george tracks

PLEASE DONT
BE LONG

bump

these are cool, are they mostly from Anthology?

Yes, and Esher demos

>, I like you
fuck off reddit

sad

He's right, that does sound incredibly reddit.

Look.
I like Paul a lot, probably more than most.
But he's not Roger Daltrey

Thank fuck someone agrees that Blue Jay Way deserves more love. One of the most atmospheric songs they ever created

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Listen chronologically for your first run through.

in my life

>start off making teenage girl garbage
>make generic pop with le wacky psych sound effects
>make music for old women
>call them the best rock band

wow

trips confirm

t. soy boy

Blue Jay Way, and Only A Northern Song is George at his best. I love the use of the organ in both. Also It's All Too Much is another George classic.

Go to bed, you scruffy wop!

Your dubs will never make as rich and famous as The Beatles, and they certainly won't get you as much pussy as they had.

Gripe all you want but you'll be stuck at a dead end minimal wage job just to keep afloat til you die.

Sucks to be you!

trips don't lie

Thoughts on RAM? Personally love the album, listening it to right now. comfy

Daltrey was insane, his voice's projection was just on another level.
>have John Entwistle, Keith Moon and Pete Townshend in your band, at mind-bursting volume
>still manage to be heard over them

IT WONT BE LONG

Anyone have the tracklistings for the custom albums, i.e., MMT combined with Sgt. Peppers?

YEAH
(YEAH)
YEAH
(YEAH)
YEAH
(YEAH)

and on top of a great song you get that rad music video in Magical Mystery Tour the movie.

Ram is my favorite album.

I have the one for Four Sides of the Circle.
>Four Sides of the Circle

>A1: Drive My Car
>A2: Got To Get You Into My Life
>A3: Yellow Submarine
>A4: Good Day Sunshine
>A5: Here, There and Everywhere
>A6: In My Life
>A7: Michelle
>A8: Paperback Writer

>B1: Taxman
>B2: Day Tripper
>B3: And Your Bird Can Sing
>B4: Wait
>B5: I Want To Tell You
>B6: The Word
>B7: If I Needed Someone
>B8: We Can Work It Out

>C1: What Goes On
>C2: Run For Your Life
>C3: Think For Yourself
>C4: I'm Looking Through You
>C5: Eleanor Rigby
>C6: You Won't See Me
>C7: Girl
>C8: For No One

>D1: Nowhere Man
>D2: I'm Only Sleeping
>D3: Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
>D4: Love You To
>D5: Doctor Robert
>D6: She Said She Said
>D7: Rain
>D8: Tomorrow Never Knows

TOO MANY PEOPLE

Here, There and Everywhere is the true correct answer.

You could start chronologically but be aware that the first 3 or 4 albums might feel dated and generally aren't considered anywhere as good as the last 2/3rds of their career. IMO I would go in this order:
>Rubber Soul
>Revolver
>Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
>Magical Mystery Tour
>Yellow Submarine (The songs by The Beatles, although George Martin's orchestrations are bretty great too)
>White Album
>Please Please Me
>With The Beatles
>A Hard Day's Night
>Beatles For Sale
>Help!
>Past Masters Vol. 1
>Past Masters Vol. 2
>Let It Be (recorded first, released after Abbey Road)
>Abbey Road
>Let It Be... Naked
and the 2 songs recorded in 1994 for Anthology
>Free As A Bird
>Real Love

And if you want to get into solo material
>All Things Must Pass (1970) - George Harrison
>John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (1970) - John Lennon
>McCartney (1970) - Paul McCartney
>RAM (1971) - Paul & Linda McCartney
>Imagine (1971) - John Lennon
>Band on the Run (1974) - Paul McCartney and Wings

those are just the essentials though. And for late-career god-tier solo albums there's
>Cloud Nine (1987) - George Harrison
>Flaming Pie (1997) - Paul McCartney
>Chaos and Creation in the Backyard (2005) - Paul McCartney

but yeah, I think the best experience would be listening to the discography in chronological order, but I know a lot of people would be turned off by their earlier few albums so the middle-beginning-end order is what I'd suggest for that.

So fucking jealous that you get to experience this for the first time, enjoy user

I can post the ones I made and posted here before

>The Beatles - Get Back (1969)
1. Get Back
2. Dig A Pony
3. Don’t Let Me Down
4. Two Of Us
5. Old Brown Shoe
6. I’ve Got A Feeling
7. Let It Be
8. For You Blue
9. The Long And Winding Road
10. I Me Mine
11. Across The Universe
12. Hey Jude

>The Beatles - Carnival of Light (1967)
Disc 1
[Side A]
1. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
2. With A Little Help From My Friends
3. Strawberry Fields Forever
4. Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite!
5. All Together Now
6. Lovely Rita
7. I Am The Walrus
[Side B]
1. Good Morning Good Morning
2. She’s Leaving Home
3. Fixing A Hole
4. Hey Bulldog
5. Baby You’re A Rich Man
6. When I’m Sixty-Four
7. All You Need Is Love

Disc 2
[Side A]
1. Magical Mystery Tour
2. The Fool On The Hill
3. Flying
4. Blue Jay Way
5. Within You And Without You
6. Your Mother Should Know
7. Only A Northern Song
[Side B]
1. Hello Goodbye
2. Getting Better
3. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
4. Penny Lane
5. It’s All Too Much
6. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
7. A Day In The Life

mfw no beach boys

Hands down I've always said to friends and family. This is their best album IMO. Every song on it is a fookin gem!!

Why did it take so long for me to get the Beatles? Just recently I gave both Abbey Road and Revolver a spin and this is some absolute top tier musicianship. I'd swear Beatles are unaccessible if it weren't for the fact that they are literally one of the biggest music acts of all time (if not the biggest?)

Tomorrow Never Knows is their best song

They have some fantastic modulation. You Won't See Me, in Rubber Soul, goes, at one point, D - Dm - Ddim. It's still ridiculously poppy.

rubber soul next friend it's their best work.

Revolver and rubber soul are overrated. They're great don't get me wrong, but the sheer number of people who say "hurr durr rubber soul and revolver r the only beatles albums worth owning" need to shut up, especially when Abbey Road exists.

all beatles albums are worth owning

>one of the biggest music acts of all time
Don't you mean “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever

I did a combination of Beatles for Sale and Help! and the singles from those sessions while back. It's not complete though, I took out a few songs I make it a little tighter.

I already gave rubber soul and sgt. pepper multiple spins too my lad. To be desu with you, Abbey Road is my favourite, although all 4 are great albums.

My favourite Beatles album.
Genuinely think its their best album in terms of sustained song writing. You can sit down and play this end to end on an acoustic guitar and it will sound great. Possibly because its the last Beatles album that John Lennon controlled.

I like it too user, especially I'm Happy Just to Dance with You

Beatlemania>>>