What's a show you know isn't good but still have a soft spot for?

What's a show you know isn't good but still have a soft spot for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pCrHh5Q_aFc
youtube.com/watch?v=TfadJj4d5K4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Re-watched this over the summer. Its pretty good for what it is, Cowboy Bebop Light.

To answer your question: Melrose Place

>isn't good
Outlaw Star is better than Bebop, mother fucker.

It isn't though the only thing it had better was the QT furry gf.

I think mash after Alda took over its not as good but I still like it.

I actually got the same tattoo as Gene because I loved this series.

Superstore
The Last Man on Earth
Kevin Can Wait
Maron

I get angry every time I see his wifes face too but I keep watching it

>being a fur faggot
opinion discarded

LOST

You can't refute she was QT. Literally the only thing they had on the show.

>better than Bebop
naw. Melfina is a qt, suzuka is pretty cool and the Caster Pistol is awesome, but otherwise it's weak as fuck ending arc lets it down big time.

youtube.com/watch?v=pCrHh5Q_aFc

Probably the worst anime character in modern history, especially in the dub...

I don't recall Aisha doing much of anything in the entire series other than being a useless angry moron.

Suzuka on the other hand, kicked ass.

This. Childhood is when you like Cowboy Bebop, adulthood is when you realize that Outlaw Star is better.

Nah that would be ein in bebop.
A qts job is to be QT user.

i guess game of thrones

ascending beyond the mortal plane is realizing Legend of the Galactic Heroes is the best

>grampa anime

ok sure

So you have a cuck fetish?

better than both

Truth.

>Outlaw Star isn't good

Try saying that to my face motherfucker, see what happens.

i dont think "being in space" is a genre

except when the cringe is dialed way the fuck over 11

seriously name me a show with more dante moments

The one with /ourguy/.

Undeniably true also Champloo>bebop

Outlaw Star was atrocious. I liked Speed Racer and Ronin Warriors but even I could see OS was fucking lame

Have you tried watching it recently? It doesn't hold up, man. It was great watching it on Toonami in 2001 but it's not aged well.

Yeah well either has bebop

>they were going to make a season 2
>They even made this for it

REEEEEEEEEEE

Bebop is still great. Some episodes lose their charm, but others stand out stronger. That's the benefit of being more episodic and having variance.

The entirety of star is better than the 3 good episodes of bebop though.

I started re-watching Outlaw Star months ago and still haven't finished it. I'm on the episode where they have to break the guy out of prison to get the galactic layline coordinates. I loved Outlaw Star when it was on Toonami but it hasn't held up that well desu. By contrast, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Trigun have all held up much better upon re-watch.

You really need to watch Outlaw Star again to get some perspective. It's just plain bad.

Yu Yu Hakusho is another one that holds up really well. It still drags in spots, but the high points are just as great as you remember. DBZ is probably the king of shows that don't hold up well upon rewatching them.

Dragonball Kai is a good watch. Z is way too slow. I watched the Sayian Saga of Kai and was impressed by how well it flowed.

Outlaw Star has amazing designs and general aesthetic direction, cool incidental music, good episodic plots balanced with an overarcing storyline that gets completely resolved and a fun cast.

I see no reason why anybody could ever dislike this show. 7/10 on its own but the guy playing Gene's gay friend in the dub elevates it to a 10.

space opera is in fact a genre, trust me I checked

Not that guy but I've watched it a month ago. It was fine. Great space adventure, much better than Bebop. It helped that it had an overarching arc instead of episodic episodes focusing most of time on the faux-deep past of its characters.

Kai is at least watchable, but it still does not live up to those pristine 12 year old memories of DBZ.

>not realizing Gundam Zeta as the true space kino

it's like nobody ITT has even witnessed the tears of time

You sound like you're 14.

DBZ just has too much filler desu. They tried to fix this with Dragon Ball Z Kai by cutting out most of the filler but they ruined Kai by eliminating all the blood as well. If Kai had kept the blood in the show it would have been almost perfect.

what race was gene?

Spacenoid

Kai completely fucked up the voice acting. The voice actor for kid Gohan is garbage. Not worth watching.

26 in fact but nice try.

Which just makes the fact that you sound like you're 14 all the more pathetic.

>Outlaw Star

This show is agonizing, not because it's bad, but because of the shocking missed potential because it ended far too soon. The world that they designed for this stupid series with the grungy as fuck but still fun settings, the inventive if silly space combat, the perpetually out of money willing to do almost anything main cast, and the ensemble of interesting bad guys with shades of grey morality would have made this a fucking amazing 100+ ep shonen series. I want more stupid ass "oh fuck we're broke" episodes of Gene & Gang, I want to see more grappler ship combat, I want to see more interesting caster shells and awesome duels, I want to see Aisha's barbed futa cock, I want just more of everything.

Bebop and Trigun are better contained series, but I'd argue that neither presented as much potential for a wide open world as Outlaw Star.

Fuck god now I'm depressed again.

youtube.com/watch?v=TfadJj4d5K4

A boy can dream...

I always assumed he was covered in scars desu.

GoT

absolute shit at this point but considering grrm is never finishing the books i just want to see how it ends and tie some pieces together

You're the one who needs to grow and come up with real arguments like a proper adult.

Bebop was better animated, had better music, better art direction, and had better characters. The world building in Bebop was also far more coherent and satisfying. Outlaw Star dangled so many loose threads and barely followed up on any of them and relied on cheap cliches in lieu of real character relationships.

god that thing was the fucking coolest

He's a plant

It's really, really not. You're running on pure nostalgia. Nobody even talks about Outlaw Star other than nostalgic Toonamifags.

>You see her guts get sucked in

dandies episodes are really hit and miss

Nobody talks about Bebop either.

underrated

I used to date a girl that could could pull off the perfect Melphina cosplay if she wanted to.

why didnt it work out

>Bebop had better music

When I rewatched Bebop, the music is what stuck out to me the most desu. You can argue about the quality of the show all you want, but the music is outstanding. Without the music, the show would drop in quality significantly imo.

Melfina is the first anime girl to ever give me a boner desu.

18 years later and Bebop is still THE anime entry-level. It outlasted Gurren Lagann as the go-to show.

LIVING IN THE FRIDGE

It's the entry level anime in America. In Japan they still view it as a profoundly uninteresting mediocre little show, but that's taste for you.

>better animated
Agreed
>better music
Debatable. If you're not into jazz I guess that's a moot point.
>better art direction
Meh, I'd say it's pretty equivalent to OS.
>better characters
They're really not. It's just typical characters with a mysterious past that tries way too hard to sound deep. I preferred the straightforwardness of OS, it was way more charming. I also hated how absolutely edgy Viscous was.
>better world building
Debatable again. I actually liked the crazy mix of chinese magic, aliens and western. Bebop was just a space western mixed afro-american culture.

>tfw I learned there was an episode of Outlaw Star that Toonami never aired because it was too lewd

>In Japan they still view it as a profoundly uninteresting mediocre little show, but that's taste for you

get a load of this fuckin' weeb.

Missed the point, not implying their taste is better, just saying that it isn't universally loved. The shit they love in Japan is fucking awful.

Average Japanese people don't have better taste than average Amerifats, you demented weeb.

I was just younger and dumber and decided I couldn't make it work.

Yeah qt for sure. The girl I dated was the exact body type: short, skinny, dark hair. Little bitty girl. With a little bit of makeup and styling her hair the right way she could do it perfect.

I had no idea this existed until recently but I was not surprised.