/hoc/

garth snow DOES IT AGAIN edition

You now remember Mattias Ɩhlund

Luckily, I'm not black.

EVERY MOMENT WITH YOU

Stupid question here, but why would Vegas take UFAs?

Reminder that Hasek will always be remembered as a Wing and not a Buffalel Shitter.

YOU LITERALLY CANNOT ARGUE AGAINST THIS

>EDM trade pick 22 for WIN pick 24 and 136
>ARI trade pick 23 for PIT pick 31, 93, and 3rd in 2018
>STL trade pick 27 for COL pick 32, 114, 156

some of them, like berube from the isles, were as part of a deal. as to the others, who knows

Is he Cell key material?

You now remember Michael "I started in the stanley cup final" Leighton

Wish the cell key guy would give it a rest

They're gonna rename it the Bergeron trophy first

They had to take 30 players but can only keep 23 on their roster. Since they're sharing a farm team they can't even bury that many contracts. A UFA is basically a pass

stop the hate

How much time to teams get between picks in the first round?

only because of this picture

who are my laffs going to draft

He's probably the least worst contract out of all of those

>all of those rags disasters
Top kek.

Handful of busts

jyrki jarvilehto

Do you do it?

e or h

D desu

G

B. Easily.

H all the way

There's no button that kills cancerous faggots like you that post this stupid shit.

H

Then China can fully takeover.

Chris Drury was considered a bad sign?
I really liked Drury's game desu. >_>

6 mil a year isn't even that much.
Kopitar is making like what...11?

>Bobby Holik
Christ

A finn

that was 10 years ago you dummy

in relation to the cap 6 mil back then is probably equal to 9 today

>when somebody watches basketball unironically

>tfw we overtook Aussies as most notorious shitposters

The salary cap in 06-07 was 50.3 million. 56.7 for 07-08 season. Now look at Drury, 13 goal Scott Gomez, and Redden.

The Rangers were a wreck. They went on to sign Brad Richards to one of the worst contracts ever after that.

button H

D, if you pick B you should kill yourself.

I fucked that up:
44.0 mil for 06-07
50.3 mil for 07-08
56.7 mil for 08-09

B by a mile

Drury signed for 14.0% of the cap. Kopitar signed for 13.7%. Kopitar is a consistent 70 point threat with Selke calibre defence. Drury never hit 70 points even in a higher scoring era and never won the Selke.

Yotes seem like a bit of a clusterfuck in hockey ops but it's not like the current group was doing any good there so might as well clean house

Glen Sather was a bubbling, spend happy fool. It's like he was addicted to giving out terrible contracts.

RIP in peace Tippet

Yeah that'll fix that steaming pile of shit of a franchise.

Craig MorganVerified account
@craigsmorgan

Can confirm that the Coyotes and coach Dave Tippett have mutually agreed to part ways. Official announcement soon.

I'd say he walked rather than them firing him

SEATTLE
E
A
T
T
L
E

>Village of Arizona

If the city rejects another arena proposal even after several billionare backers and seattle sports figures I think it's safe to say that the seattle pipedream is dead

good move for the sparkledogs desu

So is this shit happening?

could the Coyotes feasibly play in Seattle next season?

no. seattle doesn't have a workable arena yet or even a concrete plan to build one. plus i think there is another civic election coming up there, so it'll have to wait to see how that all shakes out

The arena if it gets passed probably won't be completed until about minimum 1-2 years (depending if they renovate keyarena or build an entirely new one in sodo)

Thank fuck, looks like the yotes can finally get their shit together

>this jersey
>yandle
Absolutely disgusting

Yandle!?

I've been calling him... Crandle!

Pretty much everyone in Seattle is treating the Key Arena remodel as a done deal. It has the full support of the Mayor and the City Council and Bettman has said that the Key Arena remodel is up to NHL standards. Those are really the biggest hurtles to jump through. All they have to really do is iron out some specific details and pledge money to fix traffic concerns. it will pass by the end of 2017. The plan is concrete, it will just take awhile to build.

the problem is, the biggest arena a team could feasibly play in while the Key gets remodeled is 9,000 max capacity in Everett, unless the Tacoma Dome gets remodeled as well. even then, a Tacoma Dome remodel wouldn't be finished until 2019. Would Bettman be willing to let the Coyotes play in a 9,000 capacity temporary arena while a new arena is being built for a season or two? I highly doubt it, but crazier things have happened with sports team relocations.

When does the lease for the Yotes' arena expire again?

>but crazier things have happened with sports team relocations.

Top kek, the Chargers and that travesty?

after the 2017-18 season

Still have yet to see a reasonable explanation for this

post butt

fucking keque

Preds will win da cup in 2018

Ottawa once played in a small ass CHL arena for their first few years that held 12000 people. Why can't Seattle do the same?

There is none. The Rams attendance was a joke, what did they expect to have happen at a soccer stadium? There must be some giant bribery/corruption that has not been exposed because these were retarded business decisions.

Your 2017 Las Vegas Golden Knights

Neal - Shipachyov - Marchessault
Perron - Lindberg - Smith
Karlsson - Eakin - Haula
Brickley - Bellemare - Thorburn

Methot - Theodore
Sbisa - Engelland
Emelin - Miller

Fleury
Pickard

SAY SOMETHING NICE ABOUT THEM!

The fact Los Angeles now has TWO teams is ridiculous, and they're not even good. I understand New York having two teams, but Los Angeles doesn't need two basketball teams and two football teams. They're at a bloodloss in a franchise, and few would pay for them to see either one. Nice drafting Jared goff over someone that was clearly better rams

That is actually the best line-up I've seen yet. Both Lindberg and Bellemare are where they're supposed to be.

>rags

>Sbisa 2nd line
Umm

It's mind blowing how any of this was allowed to transpire. It will be kek worthy when both of them relocate in the next 5-10 years max.

>Methot could be gone

This isn't even the final roster. Slow down and wait until the trades and acquisitions are done

Bellemare is easy. He is the most 4th line center they have. But Lindberg, Karlsson, Eakin, and Haula are all centers that aren't really 2nd line and good for 3rd line. Hard to predict where they will end up.

Would you prefer Emelin? They really don't have much going for them on defense. Sbisa, Methot, Emelin and Engelland are their top minute vets.

So next season's schedule was posted: When do regular tickets go on sale for those dates then? I see some stuff on Stubhub but almost nothing on Ticketmaster, so I assume the Stubhub tickets are just season ticketholders listing stuff already?

It will be, but when the coyotes finally leave, it'll be a breath of fresh air. If you have to play in the desert in the playoffs, it sucks because the temperature is at the boiling point in Arizona. At least Seattle looks like a better market, even without a functional arena at the moment

On a side note, why hasn't anyone considered Utah as a good place. They held a Winter Olympics there and could have a nice team

>Flower to Vegas
Can't say I'm surprised, but still sad to see him go. Sounds like Pens also had to give up a 2nd round pick in extortion money to prevent them from taking Murray?

Doesn't Pittsburgh have a goalie problem coming up with their prospects? I know the isles have sorokin and soderstrom coming up, and both look to be great

Lindberg has the most offensive potential. He was a first liner in a dominating SkellefteƄ in SHL and was the playoffs MVP.

No Murray was protected that 2nd round pick was extortion to ensure they took Fleury and no one else. McPhee jewed a lot of teams.

Jarry is looking very promising.

vegas hoplites are my favorite team

it's a smaller market and a hockey team would have to compete with the Jazz. I think it would be a good move though. The Coyotes go to Seattle and the 32nd team goes to Utah.

E
EA

Utah, or Milwaukee. Either city deserves one, but the NHL would prefer Milwaukee though. It would be nice to see a purple jersey in the NHL if they decide to use the jazzs colors from the 90's

>The Utah Tabernacle

Mormons don't drink (which is a lot of revenue) and don't go to Sunday games. Hockey does not exist in Utah, it is amazing the ECHL team has done as well as it has. On the other hand, if Vegas can support a team Salt Lake should be able to.

Utah won't get the mormons, but there's lots of people who ski there during the winter. You can piggyback off of that and make them profitable, but also a good team. If there's a bad thing, it's that salt lake is in the pacific still and wouldn't do well in an expansion

E
The world would be a much better place if Apple never existed.

Murray will start of course, should be backed up by Tristan Jarry, who helped the babypens dominate the AHL regular season last year. However I have heard good things about Gustavsson, he is supposed to compete with Jarry to be the back up, both coming along nicely.

And for the isles side, sorokin and soderstrom both dominated their leagues, and have promise.

Can someone explain to me how the FUCK Erik Karlsson didn't win the Norris trophy? What in the actual fuck

>Some conspiracy theorists have interpreted various aspects of the new Adidas template as laying the groundwork for advertising patches appearing on NHL uniforms in the near future. I asked NHL executive Brian Jennings about that, and he stated flatly that ads on NHL jerseys are not on the table. And to be clear, he didn't use slippery language that left him with a loophole, like, "We have no current plans for that, but we like to keep all our options open." He looked me in the eye and stated flat out that it is not happening.

Burns deserved it

What would they do about the Admirals though? Have the Pettits sell them to some moneybags and promote them to NHL level?

Who votes for this stuff? Is it media?

I'm not sure who would be willing to build a facility that could house a NHL franchise there, and the best skiing is about 90 minutes from downtown Salt Lake. It would be hard to put the rink near the skiing. The ECHL team is already about as close as possible (west of the skiing), and the University of Utah is in the way to the north before you'd get to downtown.

I still don't trust them