Chicago sports general/bunker

Chicago sports general/bunker

>Bulls give away their best player for literally who and are pretty much a lottery team for the next few years
>Bears hot cesspool
>Hawks crashing and burning, barely first round exit now
>White Sox have some promise but, let's be real here
>Cubs one hit wonder right now
>Fire mid table team despite having one of the best players in Europe

It's okay guys, we can all cry together

On the bright side, Northwestern got good in Football, Basketball, and Baseball in the same year.

What happened?

>not supporting based NIU

It's the Breaking the Curse Curse. It all started here in Cleveland with the Cavs winning so as immediate punishment the Indians had to pull a reverse Cavs, have the browns go 1-15, Ohio state get btfo in the playoffs, and have the Cavs lose in the finals. In their fury to avenge Cleveland they dun goofed again and let the Cubs win so right now they're taking care of you.

Except Cleveland still competes for titles. We don't even make the playoffs for anything dude.

not even a baseball fan but cubs winning the worlds eries was perhaps the sporting event of the century

fuck OP

Cubbies back2back

The nl central is a joke and once you get in the playoffs anyone can get hot. Youre still title contenders there as far as I'm concerned.

Bulls have a chance at next Lebron in zion williamson tho

The cubs have a mathematical chance to make a title run but have absolutely no chance of making one

On the bright side, our pizza and hotdogs are GOAT

What the fuck are you on about?

>our

He's behind 7 proxies user

The Fire is second in the league overall

>Cubs one hit wonder
You're a game and a half out of first in the division you crybaby faggots. Win one series in a hundred fucking years and now you're entitled fucks

really liking this Bulls trade desu friends

GarPax is clearly playing some 8D chess and are /ourguys/

Great. They're playing board games while everyone else is playing Basketball.

>White Sox have some promise but, let's be real here
Who?

>somehow not the worst FO in the city now

>Pace: Ay yo watch me completely fuck up this team
>Garpax: you call that fucking up? Watch and learn
>Bowman: Hold my beer

I actually haven't been following MLS. I remember looking up recently and they were in like 8th place

Do you really think we're gonna do anything? It's Chicago we're talking about here

How would you rank all 5 main Chicago front offices now?

Cubs
Hawks
White Sox
Bears
Bulls

Hawks over cubs.

3 ships > 1

Plus hawks have been sniffing the finals almost every year since 09

Now is the operative word

The last 2 they got blown the fuck out in the first round.
I won't lie though, coach Q is a real ass nigga

When will Chicago be relevant again bros???

Why do you care about relevancy? Shouldnt you rather care about competitiveness and having good teams to root for?

At this point, that's asking too much.

Cicero here

Fuck boreball. That is all

As of today,

White Sox
Cubs
Blackhawks
Bears
Bulls

smdh at the Blackhawks especially.

WE NEED A SAFE SPACE.

>Whitesox
>A Reinsdorf team
>Good Front Office

Reinsdorf is clearly spending all his time and money now on the sox over the bulls. Else he wouldn't have paid so much for Luis Robert.

>Reinsdorf is clearly spending all his time and money now on the sox over the bulls.

Again, What has shown you that Jerry knows how to hire competent officers?

lmao

well that's a good point

but lets put it this way

if were to run that ranking again but now on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being great FO full of competence and more detailed justifications then:

White Sox - 6: Sale,Eaton trade good enough, Luis Robert, okay drafting, lots depending on future now but at least there is hope for future, still lots of work to do though
Cubs - 5: some of those trades not working out to try and make a run for back to back. they can easily make some deals at deadline and go for it again though so this 5 could go up to7 or 8 soon
Blackhawks - 3: Bowmans madman antics have gone too far now, panarin for saad back? Hammer gone for nothing and soon also Kruger? What the fuck is going on here? Many are skeptical as well from the last 2 early trounces and this just adds to it.
Bears - 1: trading so much for moving up one to get the biscuit. Worst FO move of all time until...
Bulls - -5: Garpax, do I even need to say it?

There you have it. Chicago FOs as of right now currently ranked. Not one even close to a 10.

>Cubs - 5: some of those trades not working out to try and make a run for back to back. they can easily make some deals at deadline and go for it again though so this 5 could go up to7 or 8 soon

What Trades are you talking about? They just won a Championship and clearly have the best FO of any Chicago team right now. Though you could argue the Hawks have a better one.

Best deep dish place?

How would you even know?

they have the best FO as of 2 and 1 years ago when that world champion winning team was being built but this year with them being barely .500 despite being the defending champs in one of the weakest divisions shows some moves have not been made right to defend that championship. Davis is alright I guess but Montgomery? Uehara? I also said that could quickly change. The reason I'm ranking as of right now is because of all the big actions have have just taken place like right now with the bulls and hawks. We're judging them now after these actions and those are the rankings I give with the justifications. Past successes don't invalidate current mistakes and vice versa.

Hawks still have the same staff as they did for the last 8 years.

and they're fucking it up now

Montgomery was last year and that was a great deal. Also, the cubs haven't made any big mistakes.

Hasn't he admitted he'd rather have 1 White Sox World Series than 6 Bulls NBA Titles?