Rap = conduit to for-profit prisons

I'm a music conservatory graduate. I spent years analyzing music for grades, so when I come across something that's garbage, I know. Rap music has the melodic complexity of a train horn (actually less; train horns often are tuned to a tritone, which seem to be absent in Rap) and the lyrical complexity barely goes beyond a 3rd grade vocabulary. Not only is this music intended for ignorant audiences, it's intended to provoke ignorant young ethnic people into committing crimes, in order to fill the for-profit prisons in the US.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4SBN_ikibtg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_music
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rate grimes

Ame was mentally ill

shes right you know?

becos i am a retard like you told me i am hur dur sure got me there

youtube.com/watch?v=4SBN_ikibtg

>kids chanting
"do your chain hang low?"

shackles

Embarrassing

Have you ever thought that that is the point in (c)rap music, it is to keep a majority of inferiors inferior, if they all listened to classical and the like there would be no art because. So let there be a majority of untermensch.
I disagree that all music with actual artistry behind it must be "dissected and analysed" as not all music is intended to show off its skill in composition, it was made to be listened to and enjoyed but on a higher level can be enjoyed via dissection.
At least that is what i do. I enjoy the piece for the sound of it and the techniques used in it's composition. And i happen to find that this is how most classical musicians, like myself, listen to music.
Although there is nothing wrong with listening to basic music and acknowledging that it is what it is and nothing else.
Music tends to have an intention in it's creation. Pop music for consumerist drones to occupy themeslves with as they search for another form of stimuli for example. But music like death grips, i think, had the intention of creating uncomfortable difficult music that is not particularly complex but hard to listen to as it is rather unconventional.
Often music is made to fit a feeling or atmosphere or place like a good amount of old black metal, the music sounds icy and cold due to the primitive guitar and drums coupled with the absence of a mix. It has succeeded in creating the feeling in the listener that it intended.
Overall i think let the retards listen to their retard music, let the edgelords wank over their Sup Forums meme bands and hope they remain unconscious in their listening. As people with circle jerk attitudes to music, that momentarily captures their minuscule attention span do not have a place in listening to art music.

>Rap music has the melodic complexity of a train horn (actually less; train horns often are tuned to a tritone, which seem to be absent in Rap)
Wrong. Rap doesnt have Melody. It have rhythm, volume, timbre but not melody. Not music
>and the lyrical complexity barely goes beyond a 3rd grade vocabulary.
Irrelevant. But you should use words that are common use anyway, per examplo, in literature.
>Not only is this music intended for ignorant audiences, it's intended to provoke ignorant young ethnic people into committing crimes, in order to fill the for-profit prisons in the US.
I don't know what are you talking about here? Crimes of what? Materialist crimes? Pervertion crimes?Political crimes? That would be okay. Everything should be political. Music should move people, if the music give you a message instand of sex drugs and rock n roll that only shit genres like metal, punk don't listen to it.

Your pic:
Wrong. Plebbian music it only means listen to a well know artist and doesnt having interest beyond that. Per example: You be pleb by naming Ulysses, The seventh seals, etc.

You are a cheap clown, a waste of meme and a crazy pleb.

Serious music is the most nuanced, eclectic, perfect music. All the """advancements""" you see in your popular muzak? yes, done to death with much more finesse and depth in the serious music sphere decades or centuries ago. It just can't compete. The display of knowledge is astoundingly bigger in serious music than in another other music. It's music for the patrician, for the cultured mind. The fact that some plebeians try to "appreciate" it on a gut level is why they are plebeians. They are missing the true beauty and subtlety. Like reading a perfect theorem. The inner workings that make their music so much more advanced and worth of respect than anything penned by a popular musikian.

Patrician music is music of considerable intellectual finesse and technical considerations. The fact that intellectuals gravitate towards it is explained because it's more intellectually stimulating, more patrician. it's not a coincidence AT ALL.

It's music that only the utterly select intelligentsia fully comprehends and appreciates. It's like high philosophy or high mathematics. There is pedestrian mathematics (the mathematics that engineers use) and there is pedestrian philosophy (the philosphy plebeians like english majors know). A pure mathematician, obviously a patrician, gravitates towards highly stimulating, advanced and abstract mathematics.

Classical music is so evidently superior to all other kinds of music, yet we keep lowering the standards when we talk about other types of music, to avoid the uncomfortable situation where the butt rock dude or the druggy EDM boy gets anal pained when they are told the great masters are better than their shitty hedonistic hero.

Instead of white guilt, in the music world there is "classical" guilt. We keep lowering the standards for other kinds of music to compensate and preserve our dream of marxist culturalism. Of perfect musical relativism. Guess what? It isn't true and the compositional talent and imagination displayed, which is all that counts in the end when we have to say what is worth being saved and what not, is infinitely superior in classical music than in any other form of music.

If your shitty pop muzak is an 8 what the fuck are Beethoven's late string quartets? a 400? most music is barely a 1 to 3, the Beatles fall in here and so do most other popular music with very few exceptions that reach a 4, even a 5. Bartok string quartets would be a 6, 2 degrees of magnitude higher you have works by Brahms and other great masters. Then 9 and 10 are reserved for the highest achievements of human race like Beethoven's late string quartets or his Missa Solemnis or Mass in B minor by Bach or his Brandenburg Concertos.

Patrician music: Serious music. Intended to be listened to carefully, thoroughly dissected, must be absorbed with all of one's intelligence and knowledge, incredibly technical and nuanced implications at play.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music

Plebeian music: Popular music. Low-brow, vulgar, unrefined, escapist, meant to be interpreted and read with the body and not with the mind, as intellectual as a pulp magazine, effectively ambient music.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_music

To keep elaborating on the differences that make serious music simply better and of a higher intellectual stature, consider the mediums in which serious music is disseminated. Staff paper, notations. Purposely so, it validates and reassures a lot of what patrician music stands for. Accesibility for anyone to perform and record. Benefits deep intellectual analysis of every bar of music, no bullshit allowed, all is there in the staff paper. The emphasis is on the actual music, not in how it's recorded or performed.

In short, again serious music displays a level of maturity and intellectualism that popular muzak can only dream of achieving..

The last season of Stranger Things was fucking shit, that Max fall in love with the black dude not having nothing in common wtf the fuck they was thinking! they destroy the heart of that theeth less dude, also anybody already understant that Bush did the jew holocaust, i don't feel like talking about it because you know im not a jew. Jews rock. Hey what about Korean kpop anyways? They dance, dance is art?

my postI agree with most of what you have said here, however i still think that to say that classical music is intended to be "dissected" is inaccurate. Most classical composers created music because they were enthralled with creating complex and masterful pieces of art. However there are "intellectuals" who will remark about a composer's art and only to value it on the technical level.
Music should not be listened to as something intended for dissection, rather classical music should be intended, like you said, to be listened to carefully and must be absorbed. That is the purpose behind classical. Dissection is merely a non compulsory, further aspect of listening.

oops my post was actually this one

Brought to you by a country so retarded that:

>Award shows and sports entertainment have been turned into politics.
&
>Politics has been turned into entertainment with the President of the USA being a reality TV show star.

/thread

Art is not an objective entity, to call a genre of music "art" and not others is a meaningless argument

I haven't seen this pasta on here in a good while, I never thought I'd be happy to see this cancer again

Said like a true liberal poptimist degenerate.

>guaranteed replies

Anime is popular art. Not only that but it promotes degeneracy like 'traps'.

Because I'm an idiot. I'm sorry. How can I become smart? I want to be smart like you, damnit!