Was it really all in his head?

Was it really all in his head?

No, people just didn't notice or care.

Did he really kill all those people?

No, Bateman's world was filled with narcissist rich nihilistic materialist superficial MBAs

AND NOW TRUMP IS PRESIDENT

No, what actually happens is that Patrick Bateman falls in love with his dubs.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with dub-finding bot. Never minding the strange repeating digits, he immediately uses it, and is overjoyed to find out that the dubs have a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he engages in more dubs getting ways, he instead acquires singles. Confused by these turn of events, the Wall Street businessman investigates and finds out that the dubs he made is not the same dubs he fell in love with. In fact, the dubs don't exist in this universe at all. They are dubs from an alternate universe, who has fallen in love with the MC's own psycho self, who too is blissfully unaware of their crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While they shitpost all over Sup Forums, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of DUBS.

No, only the night with the exploding cop cars and shit was a dream.

No it wasn't

not bad

>AND NOW TRUMP IS PRESIDENT

He is obsessed with trump in the book

No, now stop making these threads

Who the fuck knows, even the director herself had said she kinda fucked up because she wanted to leave it ambigous and yet she went overboard with fantasy stuff.

>Bateman thread
>No one gets dubs

It's strange if you read the the book it switches to 3rd person for only that chapter.

I believe THESE are what you're looking for

Exquisitely checked

thanks, friend. in relation to the thread though, in the book it's a little more clear it was all in his head. the film was intentionally vague i think. the guy was a drug addict in a high stress life, he was mentally ill and often fell back into his "hallucinations", probably to feel like he had some control over his life, instead of having to keep up with current events, trends, fashion, and friendships. his whole life was spent memorising reviews of restaurants, keeping in peak physical condition etc because he wanted to stay in the "in" crowd, which is ironic because they all hated him and thought he was a loser.

Impressive, very nice.

The point of the storey is that Bateman is a high value corporate asset and can therefore get away with anything.

Also Wharton graduates and Yale MBAs at fags

He did kill the homeless people and maybe the hookers but he didnt kill paul allen

checked

Parts of it was. You can't tell which parts were real for sure, but you can probably assume the exploding police car scene was just in his head. I think the idea is that he believes he's done all that stuff, so even he himself has no perception of what's real and what's not.

>tfw you will never get a reservation at dorsia

Same guy, I've had both those impressions on rereads. I'll be honest I actually don't know, and I think that's why I like it so much. I think it's clear that a lot of what "happens" doesn't actually happen, especially near the end. I think maybe that was supposed to be the point; Patrick can't distingush between reality and his delusions anymore so neither can we as the readers. Did it happen? Didn't it happen? I don't know, all I do know is that when he starts sobbing about wanting to be loved because he can't remember how to make meatloaf with a womans body, I chuckle everytime

Pretty much this. Watch it with the director commentary and that's the general consensus.

then why the fuck did his gf paid for a private detective if he wasnt missing you idiot

explain why the producers tell that it's not in his head during interview?

For what it's worth I'm mainly talking about the book now, but I disagree with the producers on that statement based on the "FEED ME A STRAY CAT" scene

killers are known for being mentally stable

Writer and director say no and can't understand why people think that.

but thats my point, that part was obviously in his head.

I don't even think the murders were that important. The entire movie is about him hiding who he really is, that he has all these fantasies, secretly despises all his friends and that he doesn't love his girlfriend and doesn't give a shit about other people's feelings. He is constantly playing this cynical game of making fun of people for not being able to see his true character and lying directly into their faces. And in the end it turns out that nobody actually cares about his real personality, that he played himself and that everybody else was doing the same thing to him and that he's not special at all.

Now let's see Paul Allens Pasta

All the "did he or didn't" aside, I think this film has the best narration ever. Bale's voice is so perfect for it. Hilarious, serious and crazy at the same time. He really nailed it in the role.

It was as real as these DUBS

What a waste.

Impressive. Very nice.

/ourguy/

I dated this woman for 3 years. Lived together for 2.

My sides entered orbit on election night.

That has given way to a mild sense of pity.

Now let's see Paul Allen's dubs

I believe that these were the ones you were in search of

>selfie-psycho-paramedic-fired-for-taking-pictures-with-dying-patients.jpg
wtf

I hate this place so fucking much!

No no, Patrick.

This is what you want.

DID HE AND LUIS EVENTUALLY FUCK OR WHAT?

Patrick Batman. Think about it.

Bale is a cute. CUTE

He killed most of the people. But he didn't kill paul allen.

>trips and dubs in the phone number

the future of bateman was in the movie

ANGIER, THEY'RE GONNA BLOODY CHECK 'EM

IT SEEMS THERE ARE SIMPLY TOO MANY DUBS AT MY STAGE, THE PANTAGES
Across the street
PARDON MY INTRUSION
BUT DO GO EASY ON THE POOR CHAP
HE DOES TRY SO VERY HARD

I M P R E S S I V E

maybe, maybe not
yuppies are self absorbed pieces of shit

It was all in the numbers

Everything we experience is all on our heads user.

>these unchecked dubs have been completely worthless

Classic

Impressive

REPEATING DIGITS

dubs continued

Trips prove Carruthers had best card.

Revolting.

Jimminy Jellikers, it keeps happening

huh

Are these dubbles just in my head?

dubtronic

wew

Yes mostly

Nice

hand over the dubs and nobody gets hurt

this is getting absurd

good form, user

The second time I had sex I did this in the mirror.

She left and I came over the image of myself.

no he got the dubs for real

22!

Lol check this.

I'm a demon and I got a 666

pathetic

I'd love some proof famalam. What's her name? Does she have a normiebook?

dub hub

Let me help you out there.

he was seeing doubles

To anyone who loves the movie and hasn't read the book, please read it. It's fantastic.

Any reason why Price is called Bryce and Paul Owen is called Paul Allen in movie?

>tfw I never get dubs
>tfw the only post I get dubs with is one where I am bitching about never getting dubs

>le suicide memes

go