All I listen to is Sup Forumscore and RYMcore

all I listen to is Sup Forumscore and RYMcore

I don't know how to form a taste in music

stop caring about Sup Forumscore and whats on RYM. honestly just take a break for a while and experiment with some music. You've probably listened to a shitton by now so you know what you like and what you dont. Make charts and go to the rec threads and try and branch out. Don't worry about the rating of an album on RYM. Don't worry about how much an album is talked about on Sup Forums. Just find some cool ass shit on your own, and if you like it, then sweet.

Don't post my waifu on Sup Forums

Chocolate ice cream.

just listen to the music you like and don't worry about whether it is or isn't "[entity]core"

I just download a ton of music, whatever I can find regardless of genre of whatever and listen to all of it. Then delete the ones I don't like, and find similar albums to the ones I did like.
Basically just listen to whatever you like.

>You've probably listened to a shitton by now so you know what you like and what you dont.
sort of? I just like most things. it's rare I listen to an album and think, "this is bad". most things I get recommended, I think are pretty good

Sounds like a pleb

I met some guy like this irl who thinks his taste is unique. Ty, I know you post here nerd.

you have to remember that your music taste isn't a fashion accessory and find what elements of music you enjoy. branch out and try something new

Listen to classical music. There's no ratings, you're forced to think for yourself.

I've yet to find a single good album with a lower rating than 3.5...

average ratings exist for a reason

>I've yet to find a single good album with a lower rating than 3.5...
Idiot

what are some of your favorite artists/albums?

god damn it Sup Forums sucks

time to begin your sophomore year

Try listening to random shit regardless of how popular it is or its ryn rating. Might me awfuk, might be great, who knows. Getting out of the rym and mu funk is just a matter of taking risks and being curious.

Actually, most of the greatest albums are rated between 3.0 and 3.5 on RYM.

it's pretty fucking ridiculous to think there's a better criteria for knowing whether an album will be good or bad than its rym rating. that's not his problem. his problem is that he's listening to only the albums that have 500+ rating or something, i suppose.

honestly find a genre or aesthetic that you like, and make a sonemic chart for it. ie french pop 1990s.

Because you or someone else might know, when is sonemic getting a full release? The charts are great, I just wished it was more updated and I didn't have to move back and forth between sites

i never check on that anymore because they keep pushing it away. i think we're kind of fucked for now, i only ever use sonemic for the charts.

this isn't the case, but what IS true is that there are very few, if any, good albums with a rating of less than 4* on allmusic from both the website and users