Alright pol. Red pill me on southpark.

Is it all that it seems?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PFxFRqNmXKg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtu.be/PFxFRqNmXKg

some times they're right on point other times they get too preachy

it's far too topical for my taste these days

Redpill me on the sticky. Is it degenerate?

I miss when it was about adventures in red neck mountain suburbia

Yes it is. Generally balanced though Matt and Trey's libertarian leanings are pretty clear throughout. Not as funny as it used to be but still frequently on point and occasionally hilarious.

please don't treat entertainment like political education

The cultural aspect on the links between the 2 are just as important.

This

Of all the American properties that do treat entertainment like political education, South Park is one of the few that isn't nothing but self-righteous left wing horseshit and actually presents a point of view that is pretty redpilled for the most part. Not only does it make fun of left wing Hollywood bullshit all the fucking time, it does so in a crass, offensive, "let's completely shit all over it like the utter nonsense that it is" kind of way, not the "ha ha just kidding I'm actually on your side" kind of way that any of the shit cartoons with Seth MacFarlane's name on them does. They've openly stated in interviews that they don't have ANY friends in Hollywood and they don't want any.

They don't give a shit about offending celebrities or upsetting people. Matt Stone is a Jew but they make Holocaust and Hitler jokes all the fucking time. Issac Hayes, who did the voice of Chef, is a Scientologist, and when he quit the show because of the episode making fun of Scientology, they didn't even apologize to him; they made another episode shitting on Scientology even further for screwing up Issac Hayes' brain with its bullshit.

I don't agree 100% with everything they've ever said, but as far as current-running cartoons go, South Park is based as fuck.

This year they might lose their cred by going against Trump as they implied with their Mr. Garrison bit

Gee OP, why not watch it for yourself and develop your own opinion instead of having a Siberian Crocheting Bulletin Board tell you what to think?

I think it's clear they didn't forsee trump getting this far.

Chances are they'll play it safe and go the 'they're both bad' route.
I don't know that they'd want President Garrison, so it's possible they might have US trump take his place this season

Yea they went from general big issues or just fucking around with big names to the meme of the week

They also went from episodes that were fun individually to every episode from a season linking together with lots of smaller story's that culminate together at the end of the season. Which makes it a lot harder to just turn on a random recent South Park episode and enjoy it. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just not the way i like to watch it.

/thread

>South Park is one of the few that isn't nothing but self-righteous left wing horseshit

it's still a bit self-righteous

I wonder if they will shit all over bernie sanders and his supporters in the new season

Maybe a little, but at least it isn't left-wing Hollywood self-righteousness.

I've never found them particularly funny, except for the safe space stuff.

Dude their entire last season was taking a shit on left and pc culture

it's self-righteous but it's not left-wing horseshit