Why do my people in Cities: Skylines like commieblocks so much? Any Russians care to explain why they are so popular?

Why do my people in Cities: Skylines like commieblocks so much? Any Russians care to explain why they are so popular?

I'm drunk and my reading comprehension isn't that great can you say again ghost rider you're breaking up

WHY
DO
PEOPLE
COMMIEBLOCKS????

Sorry I am too drunk, can you please reword that in all lowercase. I really want to think about it but I can't read all uppercase. Makes me dizzy

why are commie blocks so comfy?

Because they're cozy and have soul

thanks for your observations, sorry i am drunk
maybe tomorrow

What's there not to like? They give you a feeling of community, because you know that you're surrounded by a bunch of other people, even in you're sitting alone in your room. Plus, you often run into qts in the elevator.

Russian here.
I'm glad you asked. These commiblocks depicted above, I'm living in a such kind of building. For a long time the government of SU considered them as the best solution to resettle all citezens who's been living in poor conditions, from wooden barracks or communal housing. And it works, actually. Yet, as usual, there are pros and cons. Pros: you have your own place, and it is separated from neighbors.
You may say that's not much, huh?
Then just imagine a situation when the whole life you are obliged to share the communal appartment with its other inhabitants, whom you may hate or despise, and eventually you've got your own place. The appartment where you could lock the front door and nobody except your family members can bother you. That's how my grandparents explained to me their feelings about the very first time when they set foot in their new home.
The rest are cons: littered porch and communal spaces in the building, covered by graffiti tags of some vandals; vandalized ad out-of-service elevators are present as well; pretty bad soundproofing, so, despite that you're living in your own appartment you still hear every step or speech of your neighbors from each side; you feel real heat in summertime and frost in winter because of quality of construction, and so on. I'm sure you know well what project housing is, so it is, à la soviétique.
Pic related, the view from my windows. It's only 4 km or so from the Kremlin and Red Square, but yes, the view is that bad :((
Nevertheless, still better than brasilian favelas or ghettos in the US though

they are finnish

It's the future

Commie blocks were not the invention of commies, they are the communist solution to the industrial residential blocks of the gilded age

but instead of each building being subcontracted they built whole series of blocks at a time to accommodate growth

what they are known is not the building itself but whole they can fashion whole city blocks in a short time

literal science fiction utopias

pretty fucking great view all things considered, lots of people have views of a brickwall of next doors building

>commieblocks
>bad
When will this meme end?

I like using them and custom building themes mods because you can create nice tropical Brazilian cities.

Why do you think people like them?

>They give you a feeling of community
Vice-versa actually.

Question, how big is an actual apartment within one of these? How many bedrooms/baths? I figure most can't be bigger than 3 bed 1 bath

1 room + a toilet (15 square metres in total)
no balcony
public shower in the middle of the building (it's long broken since everybody made a shower in their apartments by enclosing a part of the room with a wall)

That's how it is in the old commieblock that I live in (built in 1952).

t. never had to live in one

>public shower
Christ.

>ghettos in the US though
are better

american commie blocks would not be so bad. they basically already exist with apartment complexes.
russian commie blocks expect you to actually be communal in some ways, and they are poorly constructed.

its not like this in actual commieblocks. there were dorms for workers who came from different cities. dorms are like this, moscow pidors still call people who come to moscow "limita" from limit(there were limit or quoata for workers who were let in moscow, theyve must spend few years working in shitty conditions and living in dorms with public showers) and they could get apartment in commieblock and residency paper of moscow(propiska, yes, there were not freedom of movement is soviet union even inside the country, north korea tier) after few yeas of save low qualified labour

Most of them are 1-2-3 bedrooms+1 toilet and bathroom. Some blocks have 4 bedroom appartments.

>Pros: you have your own place, and it is separated from neighbors.

See, apartments are generally disliked here in Brazil because people feel there's no privacy and independence. You can't make too much noise or people might complain; if something breaks you have to depend on landlord instead of being able to fix it yourself; if there's any emergency it's difficult to get away from or go up a building; there's no yard or garden; you'll probably not be allowed to have pets. In a house, there are no constraints, you can do whatever you want .

So, while we do have commieblocks, we also have commiehouses, and the commiehouses are much more desired.

Are the newer ones any better?

>that picture
Quite cozy. Which part of Russia is that?

Holy hell, how about newer buildings? Say post 2010. Tell us about those.
Pic, my view.

i basically imagine it to be like a grungy old college dormitory except with kids and old people

Moscow oblast

These actually look pretty nice.

You are so lucky.

New commieblocks in my city.

>they have soul
What the fuck? I can't imagine anything more soul crushing than a bunch of tiny 1 room commieblocks built for the purpose of cramming in as many people as possible.

Bet you live in an American suburb and complain about it. Fuck you

If you lived here you'd understand why the suburbs are so shit.

Moscoe low middle class commieblock 2017 edition.
Includes:park,ground parking, underground parking, 3 playgrounds and pet park