Colin Farrell was Johnny Depp the WHOLE TIME

>Colin Farrell was Johnny Depp the WHOLE TIME
woah

Fantastic Actors and where to find them

Loved the movie, but Depp acted very different to farrell in the short time he was on screen. I mean, it's the same dude, the fact that he looks different shouldn't mean that he'd act different.

Why is the onus on Depp to perform well for 10 seconds? Maybe Farrell should have spent the rest of the movie acting like Depp.

Liked the movie, but the Depp switcheroo was retarded.

Should've kept Farrell as Grindelwald, he had good screen presence in the movie and is much better than Depp.

They should have made an effort to make them act similar, but I really loved Farrell's performance

FUCK YII I HAVENT SEEN IT YET AND YOU SPOILED IT YOU STUPID RETARDV

The twist doesn't really matter that much, it's heavily implied throughout the movie and most people guessed it. It's still great

glad to help lad

Yeah I'm just being facetious, it's hilarious that Depp managed to fuck up 10 seconds of screentime.
But hey, maybe it's just that Grindelwald was really good at acting like whoever Graves is, assuming Graves is a person whose identity he stole.

>coming on the internet after a major release and expecting not to be spoiled

For real though they spoil it themselves in that first cut to Farrell, I'm not even sure it was supposed to be a surprise.

Also, what's with the hair anyway? So Grindelwald goes through all this effort to take on another appearance and sow himself into the ministry, but then he's like "eh, but I really love my old haircut"?

Whoa Johnny Depp as Grindelwald? I had no idea I wanted this

You're an immature shit and you should think about things before you post

Snape kills Dumbledore.
Voldemort kills Snape.

fpbp

Fuck you i didnt knew

Nah but its ok i wasnt gonna pay to see this shit.

Why did Rowling allow domestic abuser Depp to star in her film?

because it's fake

because he's hella epic

do you actually believe that or are you just pretending?

Thanks for the spoilers you fucking faggot faced faggot. Enjoying your first post?

It's fucking Harry potter you wanna-be asshole

your tears sustain me friendo

Is that the lead singer for Rammstein?

They want the Pirates of the caribean audience

Even if it's true, he's accused of throwing a fucking phone at someone, big deal.
Depp's a shit and I'm pissed that he's in this, but I'm sick of this domestic abuse shit, it's distracting from the real reasons he sucks.

You had 7 books and 8 movies to learn how to avoid spoilers. You gotta earn that shit. I bet you didn't even read OotP cover to cover within 24 hours of its release, plebs.

Fucking kek

Is this The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus?

Man, if Jude Law gets cast as anything, and/or Collin Farrell comes back, I might just forgive them for their missteps and Depp casting. I fucking love those two.

The studio was hoping that it would be an amazing twist! I laugh at this idea

This. Depp isnt even a good draw anymore after the Amber Heard incident. At least with Farell, they could've brought in the True Detective audience

Sucks for them, he was cast just before all that went down.
But as an ausfag, he was pretty much instantly hated after that dog incident and remains so as far as I've seen. Which is impressive considering how much everyone hates customs, Barnaby Joyce, and threats of dog murder. But Depp still somehow managed to come out of it as the bigger asshole.
Not that anyone gives a fuck what Australia thinks but it still pisses me off.

But even despite any controversies, it was a retarded casting choice, Depp's overshadowed every character he's ever played.
Part of me's hoping they'll "this isn't even my final form" their way out of it, but I know it's not gonna happen.

Maybe Depp should act like the character acted for 99% of the movie?

Should have just had Farrells hair change to white and maybe has him have some war scars or some shit.

coz that works

>tfw David lynch was Johnny depp the whole time

>the Amber Heard incident
Who the fuck is amber heard

>REVEALIO

Jesus Christ, really?

That doesn't make any sense, though. People know how Grindewald looks and the whole point about impersinating Farrell's character was to have his power and to be in hiding.

It's called a disguise you idiot. Obviously he can't act like his normal self or he'd be caught easier.

EYE OF RABBIT

HARP STRING HUM

TURN THIS WATER

INTO RUM

Revealio was invented by a Polish anti-semitist in the 19th century to expose jews

The entire thing with Grinderwald being mentioned probably 2 times, before suddenly being revealed in the end is my biggest criticism of the movie

It just seemed extremely rushed.
Might be what happened in the book though, so I can't blame the movie itself on JK's shit writing

The thing I liked most about this movie was that there was no omnipotent "big bad". Voldemort is my least favourite thing about HP so this arrangement with Grindelwald being just a cameo suited me perfectly.

>might be what happens in the book though
You do realise that the book is just Scamander's catalogue of magical creatures and has no story whatsoever?

How the fuck did that rain undo the truth of Shaw's death? Like it happened days ago, to a senator, who's dad is THE news magnate; the whole world would've known within a day,

Because he sucked. He had the same stupid facial expressions and stupid voice he uses when he wants to sound spooky or quirky.

Depp hasn't been a good draw in years besides the pirates franchise. Average person doesn't know amber heard kek.

he's in the fucking first shot of the movie

Because Rowling has, from the very beginning, had a strange obsession with preserving the status quo. There was literally no reason to memory wipe the fat jew, but of course it was done so everything could go back to normal. We can assume that everything else went back to normal too, because Rowling is incapable of any other resolution.

>post is about the Harry Potter universe
>scroll through thread
>no pasta yet
I'm disappointed anons.

They made a strange change in how magic works in this movie. Previously Obliviate erased specific memories of your choosing but in this one apparently all it does is erase any knowledge or memories of magic/magic related things.

So they'll know Shaw is dead but they won't remember that it was due to a cloud monster.

I enjoyed this film but the reveal was straight up retarded. Assuming Graves was an actual person who Grindelwald killed and impersonated, why did nobody notice or mention his change in character, or even seem to give a shit when he was revealed? Or did he disguise himself and somehow work his way up to that position? How much time passed betweem him breaking out and the present day? How did Newt of all people know he was disguised and not just an asshole? Surely if anyone was to REVEALIO Graves it would've been the head of the ministry or even Tina. His disguise didn't even slip, for all they knew he simply could've been a follower of Grindelwald. Depp didn't need to be shoehorned in like that, he could've played any other quirky character but instead we got fuckmyshitup Andy Warhol Grindelwald with a kooky eye. Everyone knew the twist from the opening scene because they had the same god damn haircut so why not just keep Colin Farrell?

To be fair, this exact same thing happened with Moody in Goblet of Fire. So we just have to assume that Grindelwald had studied Graves extensively beforehand.

Yeah but how did they implement that? Like someone in London would've heard about Shaw's death after it happened. People who were there could've left New York. News would've spread outside NY.

If this happened right in the previous scene I'd get it but this makes it feel more like a cop out

I think you're forgetting this is the 1930s and information moves much slower. There was at most 1 day from Shaw's death to the end of the movie. One US senator dying isn't international news and wouldn't be worth sending by letter overseas, and if they did it would take too long to get there before the end and the Obliviate would have altered it.

Sadly, a ton of things in the Harry Potter universe (and especially the movies) can and should be summed up to "it's magic".

Radio was a thing in 1920-30.

Did it work over the ocean at that distance? Genuinely asking, I'm not a radio expert.

>tfw JFK might have been assassinated by a bunch of wizards of the MACUSA for being a wizard himself and exposing them to the world, and we have all been cast a spell upon to forget how it happened

That actually sucked

Best thing that could have happened was that he goes like "wtf, I still remember", and we end up knowing that his granny was a cunning witch

And by "sucked" I mean that it was sad

It worked far enough to spread from NY. Maybe not to London but to Jersey where they didn't have the oblivating rain

What I don't understand
Grinderwald use some spell to turn into his new identity, Graves. He is then admitted to the MACUSA like it's nothing special
which...makes absolutely zero sense
Don't they vet people before they assign them to their posts? Like they know there are bad wizards out there, right?
Why didn't they use some unmasking spell to check whether the person they are hiring is legit or a spy?

Yeah, this movie doesn't work if you're not too familiar with Harry Potter I guess.
Grindelwald managed (somehow) before the movie, to kidnapp the real Graves and used his hair and whatnot to create Polyjuice Potion and take his appearence. Graves is/was a real person before that.

Really? Farrell was getting a bit into it in his scenes was with Creedence where he's grabbing his face and hugging him.

when's the war starting

How the fuck are you this retarded?
>Graves is a real dude who works for MACUSA
>Grindelwald kidnaps him and makes polyjuice potion, then takes his place

It's literally that fucking simple.

>You do realise that the book is just Scamander's catalogue of magical creatures and has no story whatsoever?

Its also got graffiti in it of Ron shitposting.

I take it the movie doesn't have cutaways of Rupert Grint making snarky comments

He means why don't they have any anti polyjuice policies/checks, because it is so fucking simple.

Not that op but of course it's that fucking simple and most people would assume that that is what happened but when is it ever stated in the film? It couldve been cleared up with a simple "Where is graves? What have you done with him?" But it wasn't.

Unfortunately not. Would've made the movie better.

It would be nice if Graves is alive and they haven't wasted Farrell

>Also, what's with the hair anyway?
Can someone tell me how Farrell looks so fucking good with this haircut but on Depp it's 200% "cuck my shit up"? Is it cause he has shorter hair or cause he is blonde?

Colin Farrell is 40 and in shape and Johnny Depp is 50 and made of play dough. Also he has grey skin in the film, not very attractive.

Personally I do like that Graves had it dark on top though. I'm not a fan of entirely bleached hair, dark sides and bleached on top would be good too.

We can only hope.