Is it true that Brits don't air condition their homes?

Is it true that Brits don't air condition their homes?

I visited and almost none of the buildings had AC, not even the hotels. But I heard even homes are like this? How do you live? It felt third world.

pic unrelated

what for? our air is in good condition, we don't need to add any high fructose corn syrup to it to make it breathable like you lads.

True.
As a kid, I often stayed in Britain in summer and most homes including my aunt's didn't have AC. I think they don't really need that in the first place because it's not that hot or humid in summer there. In fact, it was pretty comfortable there without AC, while I always felt dizzy from heat and humidity on arrival at Narita.

AC is designed to control temperature not to make air breathable

>I often stayed in Britain in summer and most homes including my aunt's didn't have AC
>jap flag

????

She married a brit.

they barely have +25 at summer

it was 31c a couple of weeks ago, awful

>Air conditioning
>In Britain
Do we need an autism wing for yanks?

It's always hilarious seeing poms come over to Australia over summer and be completely unable to handle the UV or heat.
The moment the sun comes out, you all take your shirts off and start trying to tan. I see it at cricket games especially. Doing that shit here will have you dead by 30.

it gets hot in the UK like 1 week a year. it's not like here where we have months and months of 30C+ weather.

aren't skin cancer rates very high in ausland? not just brits who can't handle the heat lad

It's never really warm enough to warrant them probably

>air conditioners

why don't you just open a window De'Marcus?

When it gets properly hot, that's one of the worst things you can do. The best thing to do without aircon is blacking out the windows to prevent sun cooking the room, having a fan on your skin and alternating between some sort of ice-packs on your head, to prevent over-heating.
Once your body becomes overheated for a few hours in actual hot weather, it can take hours to start cooling down, even if you move to a cool room.

Then again, Europeans don't really understand what a hot climate is like or that the mercury is only one aspect of what makes a hot day unbearable.

>The best thing to do without aircon is blacking out the windows to prevent sun cooking the room, having a fan on your skin and alternating between some sort of ice-packs on your head, to prevent over-heating.
>Once your body becomes overheated for a few hours in actual hot weather, it can take hours to start cooling down, even if you move to a cool room.
Sounds like hell to be honest.

>it can take hours to start cooling down, even if you move to a cool room.
Why not a simple shower or bath?
Water from the aqueduct is usually cold enough.
During a heat wave I did that 3 or 4 times a day.

this 2bh

With global warming things are going to change though.

Its hot for about 4 days here we don't need fans

He literally got what was coming. Well done.

They want air conditioners but just can't afford them, it's pretty sad.

Why have air conditioning when you can just open the window?

Why would anyone need AC for a few hot days per year?

Why have air conditioning when you can just open the window?

>air conditioner = air purifier
>brit """""""education""""""""

>open window
>hot humid air comes blasting into the house

th-thanks