This is the most underrated movie right now

Believe it or not. Time will pass, and Avatar will be regarded as an achievement similar to what Citizen Kane was back in 1941. It will burst into top positions of critics ratings by 2020 or 2030, just give it some time. It changed the cinema, and after this film others started to make other movies about extraterrestrial life with a lot of CGI, but Avatar was the first achievement, and is objectively the greatest film by all means of the beginning of the century.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/76718479/#76718656
boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you're not a real abatap aren't you

Sad parody, user

Abatap is dead

That's what butthurt haters actually believe.

You almost cannot watch a movie today that doesn't use some ideas developed in Citizen Kane. The 3D fad created by Avatar died an embarrassing death a few years later.

I won't even get into the piss puddle shallow storytelling.

>no cry more

get out

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/76718479/#76718656

use correct formatting please

I remember back in 2009 everyone was saying cant wait for part two, it will be out in 2016. Well its 2016 and nothing happened. Everyone forgot about the movie.
I think people take CGI for grantit now. And avatar should be a classic like the matrix, because it was one of the first movies with awesome CGI.

Gods, please be true...is that you Abatap?

Ok it's been almost 8 years and there's been no fucking news at all about the sequel. What the fuck is he doing? no one is going to give a fuck about it when it finally comes out if you don't atleast drop some news about it to get people excited and reminded about it

I member

Hy я этo, я, нo ктo ж пoвepит?

It got a release date a few days ago.

December 21, 2018

Avatar is a terrible, awful movie.

It's already forgotten. And only low IQ plebs still regard it fondly.

More like December 99, 2099

Did you see the deleted sceans it ruined the movie for me. That beginig

How does a movie take 9 years to make. At this point there's NOTHING he can bring to the table that can warrant that wait

>that's what butthurt haters actually believe
Cry more.

Dances with the wolves is stil better.

Melania in tha house. Trump 2017

>Pushing technology forward.
Maybe is because nobody cares about that shit.

>Classic like the matrix

Matrix 1 was awesome, the plot made it known worldwide. Avatar was just Pocahontas in space

Is there any consensus why this movie had absolutely no impact on pop-culture? For being the most hyped up movie to ever come out I have never seen for example a Family Guy gag about it.

>that's what butthurt haters actually believe
People thought the same before Avatar release, like he won't make another 2 billion movie, like he can't top Titanic, this and that, and guess what?
boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/
Now he dived to Mariana Trench and is about to deliver another 2 billion masterpiece, and haters won't believe it until they see the 3 billion box office and yes it will be 3 billion. Cry more.

Every blockbuster coming out in 3D is pretty much standard now. It might not have had any pop culture influence but it certainly had an impact on the industry and the way we watch movies.

>Is there any consensus why this movie had absolutely no impact on pop-culture? For being the most hyped up movie to ever come out I have never seen for example a Family Guy gag about it.

This isn't a TFA thread, user.

>Is there any consensus why this movie had absolutely no impact on pop-culture?

it brought back 3d movies. who cares about Family guy when it raised ticket sales

Sure bud.

Nobody cares about Avatar, because it's story is absolute shit. All it had going for it was special effects, and now even those are dated and easily surpassed. It's a dead IP.

What a boring thread.

It appears that you have
1) either not seen the movie
2) or totally forgot it
Because the story is great. And better than most of other movies.

>great. And better than most of other movies.

Ok. So this a a bait thread. 3/10

>watches films for plot
>probably reads books for plot

You can't get any more pleb than you, kid.

wrong movie

I'm not even crying autist. I like the movie you fucking loser lol. I'm just saying it's been a pretty long time and avatar isn't at the front of everyone's memories

Can you imagine an Aliens meets Terminator 2 action staged Batman V Superman film?

Snyder is total shit when it comes to action.

>grantit

wala!

Remember that Avatar itself was stuck in development hell and was originally planned for an 05 or 06 release, only to slip three years because it took longer for Cameron to perfect his mo-cap, 3D IMAX, and computer rendering technologies, and the completed movie came seemingly out of nowhere to blow all of us away.

Mark my words, the same thing will happen with the sequel. It will feel like vaporware for years until the first trailer drops and we all realize just how busy Cameron has been over the past decade.

It's sad that the aliens are not more attractive.
I've tried, really tried, to jerk it to this movie, and I'm no stranger to anthro/furshit, but even the extended sex scene in the special edition doesn't do it for me

FUCKING C H E C K E D

THE DIGITS DON'T LIE

STAR WARS SJWS AND MCU-CKS COMFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Tell me something I don't know.

>Avatar's effects
>Easily surpassed

>Tfw Avatar 2 drops and it's effects are such a quantum leap over the original that they make it look like fucking Jumanji by comparison and once again all the DCucks and kinofags here are riding James Cameron's jock like the sissies that they are.

It's gonna be a great feeling, phamalam

It's not that great.