/heem/: Bork Edition

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

sportsbreak.com/ufc/conor-mcgregor-is-the-biggest-ppv-draw-in-ufc-history-and-its-not-even-close/
mmaimports.com/2017/06/manager-lobbies-for-cody-no-love-vs-manny-pacquiao-super-fight/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BJ Penn hasn't won a fight in nearly 7 years. He's due.

digits confirm

Can we please have an MMA thread without those little teenage kids bitching at each other about who started which thread and the rest of their inside teen-angst bullshit no one gives a fuck about?

Now, is GSP ever coming back?

brockdon schloubnar

>Now, is GSP ever coming back?
No one cares

This is not the real thread, only I get to make the real thread. stop making them. thanks.

“UFC has informed Germaine de Randamie and her management team that she is being removed as the women’s featherweight champion due to her unwillingness to fight the No. 1 ranked contender, Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino…UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”

You know who else hasn't won a fight in a long while and is due ?

>Penn beats Siver by decision
>Aldo-Penn set for September

why do people pretend to think DC will beat Jones? if you're not a contrarian, mentally challenged, or a pathetic troll, how can you genuinely hold this opinion?

>meanwhile...

Why hasn't /heem/ and /f1/ fucked off to /asp/, yet?

He and Conor are the only two stars the UFC can put on a card, so I think it's fair to say more people care about GSP than anyone, except maybe Conor. And Conor doesn't bring in the casual males, and very lucrative female demographic, the way GSP does, so he's pretty fucking valuable.

DJ shook

>due to her unwillingness to fight the No. 1 ranked contender
So why is Bisping still champ then?

GSP needs to pace himself on the beer and poutine

The more I learn about a brendan Schaub the more I respect him as a man.

>UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport

im juST kidding cAlendarnigger i Have yOu in probably a 10 mile radius depending on the direction oF where the compass is

>when your life is so pathetic you have to attention whore on an anonymous singapore basket weaving forum

GSP isn't a draw anymore. At best he can do 400,000 buys.

JJ, GSP, Silva defended their titles ~10 TIMES EACH.

Conor has defended his title...how many times?

Conor "No Legacy" McGruber

what absolute nonsense thats as ridiculous as anything calendarnigger has ever said

>no legacy
>your aspie ass will still be talking about him in 10 years

>le calendarnigger xD
Can't spam gore at summer camp?

>GSP isn't a draw anymore
Oh yeah, neither is mayweather.
Punch yourself in the nuts, lad.

First for my girl.Her stare can kill ungly Esparza in a few seconds

>Comparing GSP to Mayweather
Jajajajajajajajajaja

Mighty Manlet will defend his title 20 times and will still have less of an impact and legacy than Goobster

What's he ever done but cut weight, beat unqualified manlets, and participate in a couple of novelty fights?
He isn't even in the conversation yet.
He needs to stop ducking and rematch Aldo, for starters, just like he said he would.

Choose:

A Conor lose to floyd but win nate 3

B Cnor win to floyd but lose nate 3

Finally finished watching her fights, some polish guy said she stole a victory from that black chick but I disagree. Moroza was in control of that entire fight.

Rashad and Rampage did bigger buys in a PPV than GSP's best sale.

>you can't have a legacy unless you're a GOAT (criteria: defend belt 10 times)

Chill.

McGregor has no legacy

You don't seen to understand the definition of the word "compare", Pedro di Maria Estrella dos Campanõs.

B obviously would be the best timeline.

Sonnen vs Silva
Emelianenko vs Mitrione
Lima vs Larkin
Chandler vs Primus
PIco vs Freeman
Davis vs Bader

I'm not home so I can't update the image but the picks from the previous thread were added already.

What do you guys think special K and Evan the beard are doing?

Educate me, are the PPV numbers that get released worldwide, or US only? Legit question.

You wanna see Joesay heemed in 3 of his last 4 fights friend ?

How about 7 times?
How about 5 times?
How about 3 fucking times?
How low do you need to set the bars, ffs?

Mayweather's last PPV did 300k buys, his stock dropped since the Pacquaio fight. GSP's stock has dropped significantly since he last fought, also all the 189ers don't know who he is, plus he has a boring style. His highest PPV did 950k buys, if he came back he would not be able to equal that, I was being generous when I said he'd do 400k buys.

I'm OK with that, if it happens.

You actually did it

MADMAN

>He needs to stop ducking and rematch Aldo
Aldo is done. Even I don't wanna see that rematch anymore, it would have the same ending albeit it'd last a little bit longer than 13 seconds.

You are my favorite poster on here. What should I call you?

They both landed 17 stirkes

Black chick's looked stronger

Black chick got a takedown

Moroz had that devastating Wonderboy esque octagon control.
That fight was terrible anyways so feel free to diagree

Conor vs Nate 3 will never happen

Silva
Fedor
Chandler
Pico
Davis

SERIOUSLY GUISE I'M NOT JOKING

I'M SUPER DUPER SERIOUS GUYS!

You meant to say Conor vs. Khabib/Tony Ferguson will never happen.

IF Conor fights in the UFC again after the Mayweather fight, who is he most likely to fight?
Ferguson? or could it be straight to another meme fight and for Tyrones belt?

I think controlling the octagon the way Moroz did (i.e. the entire time) is more important than a last second takedown in the final round of a fight where you were being backed up the entire time

but it's wmma so ya

Taylor's plan was to moving around all the time.It was fucking pathetic.Her punch couldnt even reach Maryna's head.She only hit her once.Her punching style was quite unorthodox.I've never seen sth like this before kek.Anyway the whole thing was ridiculous.5'0" vs 5'7" and the 5'0" was not the aggresor.Like in the Alien movie when they're chasing the aliens.That fight could never happen

Nate Diaz

If I was in his shoes I'd pick Holloway

anyone got a holly x ronda webm?

Is BMX a safe sport for people with beginning symptoms of CTE?

Silva
Fedor
Lima
Chandler
Pico
Davis

Difference is Moroz threw twice as many strike even if she has less accurate by a long shot and most strikes were blocked, just throwing sways the judges, i's how Diego Sanchez and Leonard Garcia kept robbing fighters on decisions

Lazy won't even change the filename. Sure, go and hate on Schaub like everyone else. Be a follower like you have been your whole life.

Diaz/Mcgregor 3 is the only real money fight UFC has atm, unless they can build some new stars and storylines quick. Nate started to hype it on instagram.

Holloway chews him up this time, plus he can't make 145.

Nate is the win-able fight. All he has to do is kick those legs 50 times and have better TDD and cardio.

Tony/Max/Khabib are much harder.

Not him, but I thought PPV was pretty much US only. Do they have it in Canada?

Foreign TV rights can be lucrative and it just happens to be a specialty of WME. The UFC has been trying to break into other countries for years(Cain the Mexican, anyone?) but I think it may be one of the big reasons behind the purchase.

Book a flight up into the mountains bitch boy

I'll have my boots ready to stomp you out.

>GSP's stock has dropped significantly since he last fought
Your opinion, backed up by no data.
Unlike Mayweather or ASilva, GSP has done nothing to diminish his legacy so I don't see why you'd say he's dropped.

>he has a boring style.
Cleary you get your info from reading /heem/ not rom having watched him compete.
pic related: it's a split pic how Kos and Fitch looked after fighting GSP.

Do yourself a favour, don't buy intot the meme, go watch GSP's fights and earn your own opinion.

>His highest PPV
He's sold more PPV's than anyone but Conor -- and Conor had the considerable benefit of competing when the UFC was much more popular than it was in GSP day.

sportsbreak.com/ufc/conor-mcgregor-is-the-biggest-ppv-draw-in-ufc-history-and-its-not-even-close/

Our system is the same as the US. Any fights that are on TV in the US are also on TV here, anything on PPV is also on PPV here. That's why I've always wondered about the numbers, would be interesting to see what GSP did in Canada at his height.

Pacquiao is going to die isn't he?

mmaimports.com/2017/06/manager-lobbies-for-cody-no-love-vs-manny-pacquiao-super-fight/

Max got a lot better since their first fight but back then Conor memed on him absolutely, maybe the gap between them still exists.
As long as McGregor doesn't fail at making 145 I'm gonna give him benefit of the doubt and say that he can maybe return to feddaweight. Doubt that will happen tho

>could it be straight to another meme fight
Seriously, does he do anything else?
Young fans probably have no idea what defending a belt even means.

ive conducted business with so many clients in your radius and especially nearby it

come on, cody is a joke

He would smash Pacquiao's jaw inside 2 rounds in boxing

All TV ratings and movie grosses are USA & Canada as one number, then "International" or "Overseas" unless stated otherwise.

>backed up by no data
So you're opining that his stock has gone up? Exactly what proof do you have of that? The man lost fought in 2013, 4 years ago.
>GSP has done nothing to diminish his legacy
He has done nothing to increase it either.
>Don't buy into the meme
He's a decision fighter who plays it safe and that will not bring in any casual viewers.
>He's sold more PPV's than anyone but Conor
What I'm saying is, if he comes back, he's not doing 1 million buys. His announced fight with Bisping almost had negative hype, now that it's seemingly not going to happen, he draws even more negative hype

My bad, I thought you were talking about Cody Garbrandt.

Didn't know that. Officially there are no numbers at all since the UFC doesn't release anything, just estimates that come from that dude that works for Forbes. Maybe you can find a source on how the estimates are calculated.

Mayweather's last fight didnt sell because he was fighting a guy everyone knew he'd dismantle

>maybe the gap between them still exists
Absolutely not.

2013 Max would not have beaten Aldo, let alone Pettis. He has clearly gotten a lot better and he's still 25. Conor will never fight at featherweight again. In fact I don't think he has more than 2 fights left in him (Floyd, then Nate, then retirement)

I am talking about Garbrandt, he would end that filipino

Also cause people had a bad taste from the boring clinchfest Pacquiao fight. How do you go from 4 million buys to 300k?

I could see him fighting Frankie if he were to beat Holloway but beside that i dont see him going back to 145

>He's a decision fighter who plays it safe and that will not bring in any casual viewers.
He still has the largest non-fight fan base in all of MMA.
One of the reasons he's so valuable is that a LOT of women will watch his fights - that's very important to the UFC and advertisers. And he brings in a lot of males who don't watch much or any MMA.
You can love him or hate him, but he's got far and away the highest Q-score in MMA, and that makes him a money machine for anyone attached.

As for Bisping, I don't blame people for not wanting that. For one, people are getting sick of meaningless meme fights, like Conor and Nate/Mayweather. For another thing: Bisping. He's not exactly JJ/Silva level. He's just bigger than GSP, that's the ONLY thing that makes that fight remotely interesting.

My bad, I thought you were talking about Manny Pacquiao.

>I could see him fighting Frankie
He would never do that

>He's a decision fighter who plays it safe

Chael
Mitrione
Larkin
Chandler
Pico
bader

>Hasn't finished a fight since 2008(when you were still 6)

are you retarded?

The koscheck fight should have been stopped.

Does dennis siver have the deadliest spinning back kicks in the ufc?

That would be Chael P Sonnen

GSP was literally torturing Kos. Like a cat with a mouse. No idea why they let it go on.

lol

If you've seen the fights during his long title run then you didn't understand what was really happening in many of them

>in the ufc