Your thoughts?

Your thoughts?

soyboy album

bink bink
bink

day wahhhhhhhs don

binga moo nizzon its sleigh

Like an essay or an opinion on it?

It's very good, but that's pretty obvious.

Is it even possible to hate it?

Imo the best fingerstyle folk album ever. The uniqueness of his guitar playing compared to even his American contemporaries and his ability to blend textural fingerpicking parts with distinct laconic melodies sets him apart from any other folk guitarist or even american primitivist guitarists outside of Robbie Basho at his very best.

tl;dr near perfect short album. underrated guitar playing some of the best songwriting oriented fingerstyle playing ever

off yourself

witcha wiil ya luuuh

A BING BINGA BINGA

Doesn't Jackson C Frank achieve that in his s/t?

>binka muuun
What Did He Mean By This?

Those are pretty much my exact thoughts. But I wanted to add something about Nick's playing on Pink Moon: it's way sloppier than people think it is. Nick has a reputation for very precise playing, which is mostly deserved, but Pink Moon being recorded in mostly one take is pretty obvious if you listen closely. There are flubs, missed notes, and other small mistakes all over the place.

Not that that's a bad thing. I fucking love it. It makes the album feel much more natural and raw, like Nick is playing for you in an informal setting, and it works very well for the album. But I constantly see people saying that the playing on the album is perfect, and it makes me wonder if no one else is even bother to listen that closely.

seems like nobody actually knew him, though it also seems hard to blame them

I hated it but I have a bias against acoustic albums. They usually bore the shit out of me.

>nick drake played a yamaha
my man

To the user who posted all these pictures, i fucking love you xo