PRIMUS

I'm falling down the Primus hole. Should I keep going? What's good? What sucks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fV5u_A8UqjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Sx06CgkcnZY
youtube.com/watch?v=vZyLCq6vY9g&list=RDvZyLCq6vY9g&t=34
youtube.com/watch?v=qT9nQSu-Bdo
youtube.com/watch?v=v-HUK8qR9QA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What's good?
Not Primus
>What sucks?
Primus

i mean if you're really "falling down the primus hole" then i'd say just keep going and like what you like
i will say if nothing else you're pretty much golden up through pork soda

The new album sucks and the Willy Wonka shit sucks but their older material is solid. Also everybody likes to talk shit but Antipop is a pretty underrated record.

youtube.com/watch?v=fV5u_A8UqjQ

Remember to check out Sausage.
youtube.com/watch?v=Sx06CgkcnZY

The Desaturating Seven may not be classic Primus, but it is way WAY better then Antipop.

WBB is one of the best songs ever made, but other than that, meh.

Frizzle Fry and Sailing The Seas Of Cheese are the best.
Everything after Pork Soda gets exponentially worse, except for The Saturating Seven which is their best in a long time.
The two covers EPs are good.

No u

someone post original demo link

who me?

ok

youtube.com/watch?v=vZyLCq6vY9g&list=RDvZyLCq6vY9g&t=34

i didnt know how king crimson fripp this shit was.back in the day

came 2 post this

Seas of cheese is a perfect album

There is literally no way you have given the rest of their catalog a listen if you actually believe that. No way.

Keep going all the way through. It goes downhill, but the newest one is certainly better than their last few.

Not even "Jerry was a Racecar Driver?" Nigga you never played Tony Hawk?

i liked antipop tho

John the Fisherman is the best Primus song IN MY HUMBLE OPINION

Primus FUCKS

T. Has no time for Farmers' daughter

claypool needs to stop blowing his load on all of those side projects

Tommy the cat is obviously the best primus song ever made.

Can't believe no one has posted it.

>that live version with TWO drum solos
So good

I get this. I always thought they were 90’s alternative trash but recently listened to them again. Wild how Buttlhole Surfers and Primus were top 40 in the 90’s.

this youtube.com/watch?v=qT9nQSu-Bdo

Frizzle Fry is the shit and The Seas of Cheese is a very close second. Everything else I have found very hit and miss

Early Primus is good, new primus is gay hipster shit

it was a weird time where major labels were basically just grabbing whatever random shit they could find and throwing it into the stratosphere in case it's another nirvana

Facts, he has no time for farmers daughters

Just listen to everything Claypool has put out except:

-Green Naugahyde
-The Destaturating Seven
-Monolith of Phobos
-Antipop
-Of Fungi and Foe
-Willy Wonka

After you listened to everything that isn't the above, then you can check out the above in that order of recommendation as some have a few good songs here and there.

thank u i never knew about this

Mr Krinkle
Bob
Nature Boy
DMV
Harold Of The Rocks

It's legitimately amazing that Primus got as big as they did, considering that nothing they did was radio friendly. Something like Pavement is much easier to swallow for normies, but they never really moved as many units as Primus did. It's just weird how shit worked out.

They did make some wacky videos that were on MTV often. South Park I'm sure helped too

It's because they were really talented at their instruments, and played them in a new and interesting way. If you can do something that teenage boys admire because it's new, but also technical, you basically have a fan base for life. It's easier said then done, though. Women are not usually loyal music fans, but they are more obsessed for a short period of time. Pavement is a little bit more feminine and song based, but also the singing is out of tune so that's off-putting to a lot of people.

youtube.com/watch?v=v-HUK8qR9QA

Well, if we're talking about Pavement specifically... Primus signed to a major label Pavement didn't.

From what I gather, there were talks of them moving up to a bigger label and a big management company, but it never happened for whatever reason.

Also yes, Primus made really eye catching videos, and Claypool is a great showman. Pavement were always "fuck that, low budget, dress up in santa costumes and walk around santa monica." Malkmus is a good performer, but his stage persona is mainly some occasional dry humor, and thats it.

How is that weird little riff Lalonde does in the verse so catchy? John the Fisherman might be the weirdest "pop rock song" ever.

Should I still see them live anyway?

Yes. I saw them during the Willy Wonka shit tour and it was still awesome. The show I went to they played 2 sets with no opener. The first set was all old material and the second set was the entire Wonka album and it was all fun live. I was just mildly disappointed they didn't play John the Fisherman. Great show IMO