Sup Forums's thoughts Star Wars: The Clone Wars?

I just finished binging this show after delaying it for so long, and I thought it was overall pretty good. But why was it cancelled? It was heading in a good direction but Disney cancels it for pretty much no reason from what I can gather.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0
youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lucas pretty much paid for the show himself, costing around $1/$2 billion per episode.
Disney was definitely not going to fund it when it wasn't making that much profit.

Million*

Disney cancels it because reddit hates the prequels, it wouldnt be their original idea, and it was too expensive for them

They cancelled it to make the much cheaper rebels. And holy hell you can tell the budget is low, which is odd since it's fucking star wars.

This.

>You will never get a Clone Wars version of Revenge of the Sith

Please don't make me cry, user..

Disney didn't cancel it, Lucasfilm did. They didn't want to continue it without George.

This show was based as fuck.
Ahsoka a fucking best.

That scene made cry like a bitch.

Disney cancelled it for Rebels.

Speaking of which, is Rebels any good?

>doing more prequel-era shit when that whole era has been cataloged to death
>not doing something between RTJ and Force Awakens, even though we have no fucking clue what happened between the two.

I haven't seen it yet so I can't say if it's any good or not, but I certainly can tell the art style look like shit compared to Clone Wars.

Shit, my bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0

>there will never be an proper animated Star Wars film

How do you feel knowing that they wanted the last episode to be the jedi temple purge from the clones perspective?

Reminder that Ashoka is best girl

My nigga.

That would have been so fucking good, oh my god I am fucking mad about this. This show needed another 2 seasons, it truly did just for this one episode alone.

It's not, it's inferior to Clone Wars in every way. If you watch it, at least pirate it or something so Disney doesn't get your shekels.

Rebels is... Different.

It's not BAD, but you can definately tell it's supposed to be a different kind of show for a different kind of audience. It has incredibly high highs in terms of action and character development, but that's really only at the season finale episodes. Everything else feels like it was made directly for kids.

That's not to say it isn't enjoyable. Hondo, Rex, and a few other Clone Wars characters return and it's great to see them riff and interact. Especially things like Ahsoka and Vader's confrontation.

I'd say in its current state it's not really worth watching unless you are REALLY into star wars. While Clone Wars could be enjoyed by any star wars fan, this series really requires you to love the franchise to push through some incredibly slow parts

If I'm an ahsoka fanboy, is it worth watching just for her?

The Clone Wars was fucking great.

I don't hate Rebels, but it's clearly a huge dropoff of quality in every way.

I'm almost glad it didn't happen. I am fine with the concept of a brain chip that made them carry out order 66, but the arc where 5s kills a Jedi really ruined my impression of what i thought order 66 was like. It makes it look like it's forcing them physically to kill the Jedi, but I have always been under the impression that the order made them actually want to do it. Seeing 5s struggle for some reason takes me out of it

I'd say yes, but she's really only in season 2.

Rebels would be decent if they gave the stories 2 or 3 episodes each like they did in Clone Wars.

As things stand now things only happen at the start and end of the seasons.

This bugged me too. I always imagined that because it was a malfunction in his brain chip that it didn't totally reprogram him or whatever like it was supposed to.

Season 2 is pure Ahsoka circle jerking. Honestly I would recomend jumping into season 2 instead of making yourself watch season 1. things will probably make sense after a few episodes

Why does the alien on the left look more human than the humans on the right?

The image on the right is terribly stretched. But also because clone wars had 10/10 art direction

The ones on the right aren't white

Actually, it was Tup who killed Tiplar. Fives was just being framed as being defective because he discovered the truth.

>It makes it look like it's forcing them physically to kill the Jedi
It wasn't physically forcing them, it was physiologically forcing them. Sort of an instant, temporary brainwashing. It made them want to do it.

>this stupid bitch is a mandalorian

What's wrong with her face?

That's right. It's been a while, my bad.

You are missing my point I think. Researching the 66 scene in RotS, Cody clearly carrys out the order without any sort of emotional conflict or remorse. I liked it much better when order 66 looked like it simply clicked from "loyal to the Jedi" to "loyal to palpatine"

She's asian

>The image on the right is terribly stretched.

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm honestly just feeling too lazy to make it better.

Man this fucking fight. I wish they had more of it.

>I liked it much better when order 66 looked like it simply clicked from "loyal to the Jedi" to "loyal to palpatine"

But that's exactly what it did. Nothing's changed that.

Why is she a chink when her parents weren't?

>Muh diversity

Except the part where the clone clearly has a mental breakdown over it in tcw

>Clone Wars Mandalore was a Nordic Aryan wet dream
>Now we have this literal yellow skin who looks like she'd reek of piss

Get ready for Black Boba Fett, familam

They wouldn't dare.

>Except the part where the clone clearly has a mental breakdown over it in tcw

Because he had a defective implant.

But we know who her parents are, neither of them are chinks.

Is this the first case of cuckoldry in Star Wars?

>First

He was announced in the role before fan4stic bombed, then they went quiet about it.

We know her mother?

Indeed, they wouldn't. Boba's not white. He's Polynesian.

What, Sheev is Lukes father?

>But we know who her parents are, neither of them are chinks.

No, we don't. Quit your bullshit.

Pure rumors. The only thing we know about the boba film is the director, and that it was shelved thanks to fant4stick. Also they had a trailer to present.

Dude is that the kid boba from AotC? Shiet son

This show was based
Asajj Ventress' voice actress was somehow hot too. That ass + that voice

Her father was the head of Deathwatch that Darth Maul beheaded and her mother is the one who refused to accept Maul as the new leader of the group so fled.

Neither of them were chinks.

You're a retard. Actually watch the show. Christ, read her wiki page, it clearly says who her parents are.

Him and Temuera Morrison are the only ones I am fine with playing Boba.

Morrison is too old unless they do some post RotJ boba.

>Ventress will never rape you

That's what I would hope for, actually. I don't want all these standalone movies to be prequels to the OT.

Or just have him voice a helmetted Bobba Vader style.

2/10

You're not even trying.

Except there is no post RoTJ Boba. He's dead.

But you seem to forget that Jango had millions of other Clones.

You really are a god damn retard.

>Except there is no post RoTJ Boba. He's dead.

I find it really hard to believe that he was killed by the sand vagina, and so does Lucas.

>But you seem to forget that Jango had millions of other Clones.

The only clone that is still alive is Kix and maybe Boba.

I always assumed it was pavlonian conditioning written into the clones genetic code. It being a cold war style meecrochip isn't that much different I was ok with it

The Umbara arc is star wars kino

I prefer the cartoons to be honest.

>I find it really hard to believe that he was killed by the sand vagina,

Well, technically it didn't. It keeps it's victims alive while it digests them. And for all we know, being separated from it could be like shutting down life support for a brain dead hospital patient who's survival depends on it.

I don't. TCW did way better for the characters than GennedyWars did. Turning Greivous from some bullshit Samurai Jack robot into a classic mustache twirling villain with a personality was great.

I thought it was alright, but General Grievous was dope as fuck in this show. It's a shame seeing how much they nerfed him

youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4

The boba Fett movie, according to my "investigation" wouldn't have actually stared Bobba Fett, but instead starred an entirely new character taking up the mantle of Boba Fett after the real one dies in the sarlacc.

>How do you know that?
Based on what we know regarding the movie, it was originally being directed by the guy who made Fantastic 4. Once fantastic 4 bombed the project was canned or possibly put on hold.

The Lucasfilm StoryGroup, the branch of Lucasfilm in charge of maintaining continuity in the star wars movies, books, comics, etc. are at this point notorious for foreshadowing concepts and events in one thing years before threy appear in another. A couple examples of this being Thrawn being intended to be introduced into Star Wars Rebels all the way back in 2014, despite not actually happening until very recently. Force Trees, which are now confirmed to be in Episode 8, are introduced in a comic that came out months before Episode 7.

This is worth noting because in the star wars book Aftermath, there is a short interlude describing a tatooine bandit buying what is described as badly acid damaged mandalorian armor from some Jawas. It is mentioned again in the books sequel, where we see the character actually wearing the armor. Although there is no definitive proof that it is Boba Fetts armor, it is heavily implied in the story.

Based on the release date of both the book where this appeared, and Fantastic 4, when the movie was canned, it is more than safe to assume these interludes were supposed to be foreshadowing the Boba Fett movie.

Just something I noticed and wanted to point out.

That's the genius of it, the greatest bounty hunter meets his demise because he wasn't paying attention.

Oh, I knew. I'm just not a fan of the idea of Boba being replaced by someone else because "mantle" and "muh diversity". I don't see Boba Fett as a mantle type character, so it just seems VERY unneeded to me.

Shit, are you serious? Why would he do that?

Gets me rock hard every time.

Because it was his company and his show. He actually cared about the shit he worked on and tried to make it the best he possibly could make it with the resources he had.

Except he wasn't the greatest Bounty Hunter. He was actually far from it.

he honestly enjoyed creating star wars content
feel bad for him seeing what Disney will do to it now

>But why was it cancelled?
Budget was way too high to pass on.
Show was aired on Cartoon Network and there'd probably be an assload of work needed to move it over to Disney XD.
The show had lost it target audience (kids and families) and the views were starting to declining as the show progresed.
Le prequels suck meme.

Why was Shaggy a jedi knight?

>feel bad for him seeing what Disney will do to it now

It's already started. He actually had a general outline of what would've been TFA that he left for Lucasfilm before he retired. JJ and Kasdan effectively rewrote/ignored it in favor of remaking ANH.

That shit was BSG levels of drama

The asoka fugitive and order 66 conspiracy arcs also approched kinodom

2/10 made me reply

that's what I intended that sentence to mean although it wasn't quite clear

No way would Lucas have just remade ANH. Say what you want about his skills as a write but the man has a lot of talent for imagination.

I remember feeling bad for him when he said something like episode 7 was the movie the fans wanted or something like that.

he may have an imagination but he also needs a team to keep him in check because he has a lot of retarded ideas too