Is Max Cady one of cinema's best villains?

Is Max Cady one of cinema's best villains?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w6Q3mHyzn78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I GOT YOU NOW, BITCH !!!

>convinces juliette lewis that he's a swell guy
>literally next scene starts murdering and being a dick ruining any reputation he had with juliette lewis

what did he mean by this

>implying he was a villain

>He said, as he bit her face off and broke her arm

Was he /ourguy/?

I'm going to say... yes.

He meant to fuck with her dad. His daughter appearing to side with Cady is just going to torment him mentally and make him feel that much more powerless in the situation.

I dunno about best
But it's one of the only times I've seen DeNiro actually act

Yeah but why didn't he carry it on. He could have banged her, took her virginity, hung the flag of japan outside the dad's house and said "Look upon my cloth, father, I have taken the innocence of your spawn"

Because he wanted to fuck his daughter in front of him, violently and horrifically and with everyone begging him to stop. Him just banging her consensually and using that against the dad isn't nearly enough (in his mind).

The hard on I had during this part. wew

I want to know what Loretta did to break his heart.

He is such a scary motherfucker. That scene where he's freaking out in the parking lot after beating up those three dudes gives me chills.

In the original film and book, he had a wife and daughter who left him as a result of his rape charge.

Obama thought so.

>it's another "Sup Forumsack tries to derail and ruin a thread" episode

Justin Trudeau is that you?

This movie is fantastic. Great music.

>I think we're alone now.

youtube.com/watch?v=w6Q3mHyzn78
after this film, this song was stuck in my head for like a month

>It's a "blame Sup Forums for derailing a thread, which hasn't been derailed at all, when you're the one who brought up Sup Forums for absolutely no reason" episode

Yeah, the correct version.

How similar are they?

The core is the same but the approaches are very different. Scorcese's Bobby D version makes him a cartoony psychopath. It's very on the nose. Mitchum's Cady is far more sinister, because he's far more subtle about everything. He's like a predator that hides in plain sight, he's sketchy but you can't really say he's a bad guy, that is, until he has you cornered. That's when his monstrous true nature is revealed.