What constitutes good noise music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=de3pNwPe310
youtube.com/watch?v=-9WqBTJWmQo
youtube.com/watch?v=HOlAElConTw&t=601s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Inaccessibility

This, honestly

I find a lot of it is just being put in a meditative state. I don't really enjoy as music, more as abrasive art.

Bleeding ears

>noise
>music
pick one

roll

rolling

It needs cool and interesting song titles, album title, and cover art. The music is really just filler.

Texture

I just love to see the creativity the artists can have with noisy sounds. If it's literally just chaotic, nonsensical noise, I don't like it. If you can hear that there's thought put into the different sounds, and especially experimentation (and not just "it's noise so it's gonna suffice, no one sane will listen to this anyways"), I like that.

shit you did yourself

Well you guys said it first. This is what I look for when I make and listen to noise, it's just freeform sound art, and can have some crossover with music, but to each their own on how they perceive it.

good noises

roll

BRMC release a underrated noise album. Given the cover art, wonder if it was some kind of tribute to Merzbow.

youtube.com/watch?v=de3pNwPe310

And yeah, it's basically just free from sound sculpture. Fun to listen to on occasion.

roll

Whether they use a contact mic or not

This

but i like both

rrrrrrr

Roll

I unironically like listening to Buyers Market (in the least edgy way possible) and wish there was just more compilations of shit like this.

psuedoscorpion

Stop

My god, you're far gone, user.
And I thought it was bad when I started putting on Whitehouse to go to sleep.

Buyer's Market is great in that it makes you feel something powerful, but I rarely listen to it like I would a regular album because what it makes you feel is fucking awful

It depends what scale you are applying to the work. Good means that it succeeds at whatever you are measuring and is restricted to the context you have applied.
Just base general 'good' on the effectiveness of the concept behind the work and the fidelity with which it can be understood by the listener and you're good.

Dynamics. A lot of HNW (especially Pulse Demon) feel very flat. I like hearing different sounds build and swell through the chaos.

roll

>Totally not edgy you guys promise xD
Oh fuck off.

Rolling

don't hurt me too bad

Oh god what have I done

What is this?

holy shit

Texture and atmosphere. Or completely fuck off head blasting chaos. Depending on what you want your noise to be.

Have fun user

>muh classical music, muh theory, muh real instruments = real music xD

>no Bull of Heaven
easymode chart

Good luck with Robert Rich, that album is over 6 hours long

>What constitutes good noise music?
2000% rock n roll
youtube.com/watch?v=-9WqBTJWmQo
pic related

Rolan

The only people who dislike noise (at least here) are gen z kids (born after 2000 or born between 97-98) who listen to p4k approved indie rock and hip hop or fucking boring classical shite.

why do you think that?

rollin

This guy gets it.

youtube.com/watch?v=HOlAElConTw&t=601s

start with krautrock, from this genre you will discover noice

i would think that demographic would be more open to noise

bull of heaven is literally the first album in row 2